New TVs and Old Consoles (like the 3DO)

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Atari Smeghead
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Atari Smeghead » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi everyone! This has been a very informative thread. My 6-year-old Samsung HD TV is getting closer and closer to crapping out, so I know eventually I'll need a new one. I'll come back and reread this when the time comes.

Since I haven't looked for a TV in a while, is S-video and composite going away, in favor of HDMI and component? My old TV was among the first HDTVs. It has a mostly square picture and is really thick like the TVs of old, with 1080i as the max. For connections, it has DVI instead of HDMI, but has S-video, component and composite. I'm hoping to find an S-Video TV, to play the Jaguar and maybe a PS2, but if composite is going the way of the dinosaur, I might have to find a new way to hook up the old school stuff like the Atari 800.

Cheers,
Smeg
Driving Crazy, my debut novel, has been published! If you like laughs and arcade game madness, please check out www.RandyPearson.org for more details, including excerpts and deleted scenes.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:24 pm

I guess all connectors die eventually. Usually you get some kind of adapter. I have a S-Video to HDMI 1080p adapter, it works okay.