File Extraction

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

DapOrp
3DO ZERO USER

File Extraction

Post by DapOrp » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:41 am

Hey,

So I'm kind of new into this whole thing, dug out all my old 3DO game discs looking for distinguishing ringtones for my phone no less. :b

So I've found the jewel of converting the aifc to raw and from there to whatever else, but I've noticed there are some games that do not use this type of separated file system. For example Pataank, (which I would love to get those video clips out of too) the best guess I have is this huge zzzz.pt.stream file. Is there a way to get into that and separate out what I'm looking for? Or how about Twisted? which appears to just be one big file all on its own?

Anyone have more insight into what tools or utilities I can use to really dig into these files and get to the good stuff? :)

Any help appreciated,
Thanks!
-DapOrp

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:17 pm

look for zstream reader, I think thats what it was called.

DapOrp
3DO ZERO USER

Post by DapOrp » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Thanks BryWI! That was it exactly. It got into the paataank stream and pulled the audio out perfectly. Have to see what it can to do twisted if anything later.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:39 pm

Not that it's of any consequence now, but I uploaded the soundtrack for Pataank in this thread:

http://cdinteractive.co.uk/3do/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18...

I have a disk image now that I need to replace that upload with though as that upload was of compressed audio.