3DO Controllers

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:45 am

Rincewind wrote:I can't believe nobody yet mentioned the SNES to 3DO controller. I remember actually seeing one in Gamepro, it was kinda cool!
Because that's an adapter not a controller. Plus the only ones on evilBay right now are from a guy charging $55 for them when they are worth maybe $12 to $20.

But yes they are very nice.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

FellTheReal
SPAMMER

Post by FellTheReal » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi everybody !

I just bought a japanese FZ-1 controller (FZ-JP1X).
The problem is about diagonals: very bad, no way to make a dragon punch or a fireball on Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo !
I am used to play with a Goldstar pad, which is less comfortable but whose diagonals are ok.

Can someone tell me about it !?

Thank you !

Karny
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Karny » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:35 pm

FellTheReal wrote:Hi everybody !

I just bought a japanese FZ-1 controller (FZ-JP1X).
The problem is about diagonals: very bad, no way to make a dragon punch or a fireball on Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo !
I am used to play with a Goldstar pad, which is less comfortable but whose diagonals are ok.

Can someone tell me about it !?

Thank you !
Yea, that pad isn't great with diagonals. You could try the "loosen the screws behind the d-pad" trick. I know that helped for me.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:18 am

Strange that for all the gripes about the original pads and diagnol controls, I never noticed any real trouble w/SFII, Sam Sho., or any other 3DO brawler. Maybe its just me ...
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:26 am

Not just you, I've never had to adjust my controllers.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

GohanX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by GohanX » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:37 pm

I got a pair of those Naki controllers off of ebay, and they are among the worst feeling controllers I've ever had the displeasure to hold in my hand. I'd only grab them as a cheap secondary controller for the second/third/etc player, or for spare parts for a project (which is what I used it for.)

I am, however, perfectly happy with the cable, which I used to make a 3DO joystick for Street Fighter 2 :P

Scarlettkitten
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Scarlettkitten » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:53 am

GohanX wrote: I am, however, perfectly happy with the cable, which I used to make a 3DO joystick for Street Fighter 2 :P
I'm thinking of making one out of a Dreamcast arcade stick. 8)