Playing 3DO ports on PS1 just because of the RGB output....

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Anth
3DO ZERO USER

Playing 3DO ports on PS1 just because of the RGB output....

Post by Anth » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:52 am

I wish I had a RGB modded 3DO. Unfortunately, I don't. But, I've been trying to find as many 3DO ports on the PS1 as possible, and I've been playing them on the PS1 because I have a RGB cable for the PS1. Anybody else do this, lol....

I kinda wonder if I'm ruining the Nostalgia factor though, because I'm not playing them on the system that I originally experienced them on. It seems really weird playing 3DO games with the PS1 controller.

acem77
3DO ZERO USER

Post by acem77 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:29 pm

I still have a few 3do rgb boards....I modded a hand full of fz1s.
pm me for more info

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:33 pm

Oooh, RGB composite? If I could use the RGB RCA cables with this, I would be all over it.

As for the 3DO ports on the Playstation, the saddest things are the ports that just really do not have everything the original versions had. Shockwave is missing graphical effects, even as small as they are. Gex still doesn't seem as fluid to me as it does on the 3DO. Star Fighter really sucks compared to the 3DO version. The graphics are much cleaner and more detailed on the 3DO.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:53 am

T2KFreeker wrote:Oooh, RGB composite? If I could use the RGB RCA cables with this, I would be all over it.
It's called COMPONENT not composite!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

acem77
3DO ZERO USER

Post by acem77 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:50 pm

$50 rgb to component converter will do the trick when its modded for rgb out.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Playing 3DO ports on PS1 just because of the RGB output.

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:01 pm

Anth wrote:I wish I had a RGB modded 3DO. Unfortunately, I don't. But, I've been trying to find as many 3DO ports on the PS1 as possible, and I've been playing them on the PS1 because I have a RGB cable for the PS1. Anybody else do this, lol....

I kinda wonder if I'm ruining the Nostalgia factor though, because I'm not playing them on the system that I originally experienced them on. It seems really weird playing 3DO games with the PS1 controller.
I prefer the 3DO originals. Largely because that was the platform I played them on first but also the PS1 version were dumbed down a fair bit

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Playing 3DO ports on PS1 just because of the RGB output.

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:16 am

3DOKid wrote:
Anth wrote:I wish I had a RGB modded 3DO. Unfortunately, I don't. But, I've been trying to find as many 3DO ports on the PS1 as possible, and I've been playing them on the PS1 because I have a RGB cable for the PS1. Anybody else do this, lol....

I prefer the 3DO originals. Largely because that was the platform I played them on first but also the PS1 version were dumbed down a fair bit
That's what I am saying! Oh, and another one is Battle Sport. Man it sucks bad on the Playstation and Saturn. It's like all of the AI just went up and left it. Watching the enemy tanks just keep running into objects and destroying them,selves really is quite boring. I have the theory that Sony made them do it so there was no competition for Twisted Metal. Just my theory. Ask me and Pater Faulk, I'm sure he'd back me on this one. :wink:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!