How much is all this worth ? boxed FZ-1 and 15 Boxed games

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

killerkobra
3DO ZERO USER

How much is all this worth ? boxed FZ-1 and 15 Boxed games

Post by killerkobra » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:00 am

Hello Im new here, I just got this lot this morning and cannot find what it is worth. I traded for some war gaming models. Can anyone put a price on the following?

Panasonic Real 3D0 FZ1 with all hookups and one controller, as well as the factory box
1 extra 3DO controller and the factory box

Games in their original boxes, cases and instruction manuals:

Sampler CD
Dragon Lore
Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger
Way of the Warrior
Gex
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Dragon's Lair
AD&D Slayer
Star Control II
Super Wing Commander
PO'd
Fifa International Soccer
The Need for Speed
Star Wars Rebel Assault
Off World Interceptor
Road Rash
Crash & Burn

3D0 Games Secrets book

Ignore the PS1 games and cash , thanks

close ups

http://s938.photobucket.com/albums/ad22 ... kobra/3do/

awbacon
3DO ZERO USER

Post by awbacon » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:29 am

the cash is worth 80 CAD. That I know for sure...haha

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:36 am

I'd say that's probably a good $250- $300 worth of stuff there, or so.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:05 am

worth $1, save yourself the time and sell it to me. This is not antiques roadshow and we are not the appraisers. move along, nothing to see here.

killerkobra
3DO ZERO USER

Post by killerkobra » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:18 am

BryWI wrote:worth $1, save yourself the time and sell it to me. This is not antiques roadshow and we are not the appraisers. move along, nothing to see here.
what are you then? this is a 3do forum, i figured members would know what its worth. sorry to offend you

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:32 pm

95% of people that do this kind of a post as their first post turn around and sell their stuff on ebay never to return again. Which is why there is this post in the marketplace forum... http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1780

Lets be honest here, the only reason why someone cares how much something is worth is either because they wanna sell it or brag about it. It doesn't matter how much something is worth truthfully, Even more so if you are going to claim that you aren't asking the price to turn around and sell it. If you aren't selling it, its worth how ever much you treasure it. Joy isn't a monetary value.

Now Enjoy your lot or sell it off. Either case, we aren't the appraisers.

And perhaps even if you have been mislabeled here and actually do want to stick around these forums, try a post in the introduce yourself thread.

killerkobra
3DO ZERO USER

Post by killerkobra » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 pm

well the reason I care what this is worth is that i just traded a ton of warhammer models for it and simply was curious if i got ripped off or not. I have no intention of selling this at all or "brag about it"??? I have no one to brag too lol.

I have been a member of the NintendoAge forum for some time now and it is a common practice to post pics of a lot and have the other members put a dollar value on it. But no one seams to know very much about 3DO's there and I thought I would post in here.

Thank you oldskool for giving me a quote.

awbacon
3DO ZERO USER

Post by awbacon » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:30 pm

It's worth whatever you want it to be worth

resale as a lot..probably $300....worth more if you sell each piece individually, but thats the hassle of selling things as a bundle...you rarely if ever get as much as if you had the patience to sell each item individually

The question is...whats it worth to you? To me, the worth is directly tied to whether or not I enjoy the games. I keep my collection to only games I enjoy playing, so I don't really care about a monetary value

killerkobra
3DO ZERO USER

Post by killerkobra » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:21 pm

cool. thanks for the quote.

I have over 600 games for many systems, I understand the whole "its worth whatever you want it to be worth" logic. Im not selling them. I just like to know the value of whatever im collecting so Im not paying $100 for a games thats worth $20, it has happened to me in the past and I just like to have knowledge of what im collecting. I dont understand why this is such a huge deal.... is it not a good thing to know the market value of what you are collecting?

I love this system and a few of the games I have have, I plan on getting more and for that reason I like to know a general idea of what these games go for. There are few, if any accurate guides to go from. In nintendoage we all help each other to find out the value of video games so new collectors like myself do not get ripped off by the ever growing amount of resellers locally and on ebay.

I am honestly thankful for the help and I have posted in the introductions thread and hope to be an active poster in this forum.

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:41 pm

The community of active 3DO collectors and enthusiasts is pretty small (this forum, basically). As such, there's not a huge resale market or corresponding drive to value collections. Whatever something goes for on eBay is what it's worth.

But beyond the money aspect, this forum is usually pretty welcoming. So, welcome!

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:58 pm

C'mon boys (and ladies), be nice to the man.. He posted over at Nintendoage about this. He may just have a general curiosity about it, as it looks like he's actually been playing it: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messag ... adid=47321