Twinkle Nights.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Twinkle Nights.

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:09 pm

Anyone want to share with me what the hell is going on. It seems obvious. I pick a card and she picks a card. The higher the value wins - but not always. Can I predict which card she will pick? ...help.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:45 pm

I've never played it. Maybe I'll throw it in a little later this afternoon and see if I can make heads or tails of it.
I thought the person that picked the higher value card always won. Is that not the case?

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:15 pm

Far from it sadly. It all seems to go swimmingly - then sometimes you win and sometimes you lose and sometimes nothing happens. For no good reason.

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:24 pm

This game is quite fun for such a simplistic game.

Twinkle Knights at the 3DO Collective

The power of an item is based on the 1-10 system. 1 being weakest, and 10 being the strongest. However, 10 is countered by 1. So even if you use a 10, if your opponent has a 1, they'll beat you.

Taunting (the LIPS card) is good to use as it builds your power bar and shrinks theirs. A failed taunt against a punch or kick will yeild more damage against you, so think tactics.

Using the RECOVERY (medical cross) heals you, but it varies depending on several factors, plus it still has to be a better card than your opponent, or you wont heal and will take dammage.

The Joker card can be great or absolute hell. Full powerbar and zero powerbar for one or both players, redeal cards for one or both players, and alot of other combinations. It can work against you though, so use it wisely.

The SPECIAL card (super powers) is cool as it is very destructive based, but is based on your power bar. if your powerbar is high, it will almost obiliterate your opponent if the card is successful.

Your opponent can still block your shot too, but based on the kind of attack is the % chance they'll block it. Each girls unique weapon gives them the best chance of hitting you.

Also, each girl has varying levels of difficulty. Ranging from most easiest to most difficult would probably be :

-Miyuki the Ninja
Best weapon is the Shuriken. Easiest to beat because her blocking ability is not the greatest. Her super shot will nearly destroy you though if her power bar is even 3/4 full, so keep her power bar down as much as possible.

-Marina the Soldier
Blanaced fighter. Her survival knife and boomerang are the most likely to be hit. Her whip shot seems to do the most dammage though, especially if you chose a close range attack. Her super power is weakest of the group even if her powerbar is full, but this can be an advantage for her as she'll use it often

-Haruka the Warrior
Her best weapon is the Yo-Yo. Exceptionally fast so will often block or avoid your projectiles. Her Yo-yo will do the most damage against you when she counters your kick. Charge your power bar fast against her. The longer the fight goes, the more it is to her favor.

-Kaori the Space Knight
Usually gets one extra round of combat than the others. All her weapons are balanced. But a good chain strike will do the most damage at any range.

It is possible to beat this game with a bit of thought. Play isn't as random as you would think, so think before you act. Good luck!

Any more help, let me know.

Drax
CEO of The (in search of a home) CD-i & 3DO Collectives

Just slightly behind at being ahead of our time!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:10 pm

I finally beat it. 1 beats 10! That was the revelation I was mssing. That was what threw me! HA! Thanks Gir. Haruka looked best with her clothes off. Not a scratch on Naomi Sawada IMHO ;)

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:50 pm

A couple of days ago I got around to giving this some play time.

Gir Draxa wrote:However, 10 is countered by 1. So even if you use a 10, if your opponent has a 1, they'll beat you.

The first couple of times that I ran across my 10 being beaten by a lower numbered card I was so pissed off :shock: :x
Especially since it seemed to happen on the final fight with one of the girls and it would wind up being that I had a 10 Special with a full Aura bar and they would beat me with like a 1 knife :evil: :shock: :evil:

All in all it's not a bad game. There can be quite a bit of strategy invovled.

By the way, thanks for all the info Gir :wink: