Broken 3DO wanted.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Broken 3DO wanted.

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:26 pm

Soon i will have time on my hands. I will hand in my notice at my current slave driving evil overlords and then join another slave driving evil overlord. An organisation based in Texas no less. (I might drive there ;) )

Needless to say - my current employer will have a heart attack and boot me unceremoniously out of the door, as their first thoughts will be 'Shit', there second thoughts will be 'Uh-oh' and their third thoughts will be "Get him out of here now!". I guarentee it.

So - what to do with month between evil slave drivers?

I thought I would make a one-off piece of 3DO art based on the inner-workings of a 3DO. :)

It won't be for a while but I need a broken 3DO. I have plenty of working ones but i can't bring myself to break it.

...or i could make my art out of working one - and leave it working. :)

(Am I genius or what?)

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:56 am

I would vote for making the art out of a working unit. I realize that leaving the console functional may impose some artistic limitations, but personally I think it would make for a more interesting piece.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:43 pm

I could send you my Goldstar unit when it finally dies. Stubborn thing, keeps holding on, despite it's many problems. I'm sure it can't be too much longer though ...

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:00 pm

Trev wrote:I could send you my Goldstar unit when it finally dies. Stubborn thing, keeps holding on, despite it's many problems. I'm sure it can't be too much longer though ...
...would it be wrong to tell you that my parents had a dog like that once? The good news is, it eventually did die.

What i was thinking of was putting the broken 3DO innards into a glass case and 'suspending' them and labelling the key component parts... Hopefully it'll look better than it sounds.

PS: 3rd interview today (phone interview) and apparently I passed. the final interview is, so I'm told, a formality. Fingers crossed - the 3DO community needs me. ("...to clear off" - yes ok, very funny ;) )

3DO kid