How can I use two 6-button controllers?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

vestcoat
3DO ZERO USER

How can I use two 6-button controllers?

Post by vestcoat » Fri May 13, 2011 3:55 pm

I want to play Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo with a human being. Standard controllers aren't terrible, but I'd like to use 6-button pads. Unfortunately, the ones I've seen don't have pass-through ports. Are there any 6-button pads that do have a port or were any accessories or adapters made to accommodate this?

vestcoat
3DO ZERO USER

Post by vestcoat » Sun May 15, 2011 5:57 am

Still looking for help on this.

I have a 6-button by Performance and it does not have a pass through.

Anyone know about the Sidekick controller?

According to this thread - http://www.cdinteractive.co.uk/3do/foru ... php?t=2120 - the Fighting Sword doesn't have one either and neither does "the SNES adapter." However, I know there are at least 3 SNES adapters. Another SNES adapter, apparently with two ports, is vaguely referred to here - http://www.cdinteractive.co.uk/3do/foru ... php?t=1606 - but no information is given on even what the brand is.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Sun May 15, 2011 7:33 am

There are a few options.

JPF made a dual joystick adapter that would allow you to connect multiple 3DO pads together that didn't otherwise allow daisy-chaining.

JPF had another adapter that allowed a SNES pad and 3DO pad to be hooked up to a console.

There is also the 3D Zero Tribal Tap which allowed for up to 4 SNES pads and 1 3DO pad to be hooked up simultaneously.

The FZ-JS1 Panasonic arcade stick would also work for you as it has a port on the side that would accomodate your 6 button pad.

There are a couple of other products as well, but they are even more difficult to find than these.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun May 15, 2011 4:04 pm

I just looked at the pic of that 3D Zero Tribal Tap... oooo I want one LOL. Super UFO also made a smaller one. I'll go dig it out and see if it allows an extra controller.

In the mean time you can look at pics of the FZ-JS1 here.
I will probably end up double posting.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun May 15, 2011 5:01 pm

DOUBLE POST!!! (I should give myself a warning LOL)

Ok, I should have put the unit below the box for forum ease but oh well. Even though the box is a little rough it's still new, lots of shelf wear. I have used it and it works rather nice. I haven't noticed any delay but I only used it a few times. Just so you know there is a switch that lets you choose between 3 and 6 button mode.

From what I hear this is one of the better ones, although it's not common to find them with the box.

On the back it clearly reads, when there is no flash, "Extension Controller port (player 2 output)"

Here are the ports, SNES is port 1 & 3DO is port 2. So you can use some other 6 button 3DO controller or another adapter.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Mon May 16, 2011 8:05 am

3DO Experience wrote:DOUBLE POST!!! (I should give myself a warning LOL)

Ok, I should have put the unit below the box for forum ease but oh well. Even though the box is a little rough it's still new, lots of shelf wear. I have used it and it works rather nice. I haven't noticed any delay but I only used it a few times. Just so you know there is a switch that lets you choose between 3 and 6 button mode.

Here are the ports, SNES is port 1 & 3DO is port 2. So you can use some other 6 button 3DO controller or another adapter.
Very nice. Glad to know that these work well. I purchased one new from Game Express but have yet to test it out. They have them for about $8 brand-new, not to mention some of the other sealed 3DO titles they have are relatively cheap, considering..

BTW, anyone feel free to ban-request 3DOexperience. Double-posting is a big no-no around here. ;) :lol:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon May 16, 2011 9:49 pm

That is a very realistic price. I just love these people on eBay who keep reporting items way above their value and never sell.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Tue May 17, 2011 1:17 am

Yeah.. And at that price, I'm guessing Gameexpress.com has a ton of them in stock..

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue May 17, 2011 2:51 am

I think I paid $12 for mine...