WCIII - reference cards?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

WCIII - reference cards?

Post by knightintosh » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:27 am

I'm currently watching two eBay listings for this amazing game, however only one of them mentions that the box contains "reference cards". Both listings have the two manuals, but can anyone refresh my memory of what the reference cards were? Any scans available if they're important?

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:51 am

I just checked my WC III box, and the reference card I found mapped out the controls for both the standard 3DO pad and the joystick controller. Its nice for quick access I guess w/out having to thumb through the standard manual. Probably not overly important though.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:53 am

Ah right if that's all it is then I'm ok I can go for that auction, it's the cheaper one and ending sooner. Although it was a plural "cards", do you think there were more?

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:12 am

I wonder if hes talking about the ship listing sheet? Its more of what I'd call a pamphlet than cards, but one side lists Warbirds of the Terran Confederation, and the other side lists Kilrathi Warbirds. I don't think there is any info here though that you can't also access in game through Rachel the mechanic.

The real nice extra (imho) is the Victory Streak booklet which adds an extra layer of personality to the characters and helps flesh out the story.

Hope this info helps.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:09 am

check the manual replacement thread here, to see whats available

http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1228

around 150 manuals scanned
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:45 am

Trev wrote:The real nice extra (imho) is the Victory Streak booklet which adds an extra layer of personality to the characters and helps flesh out the story.

Hope this info helps.
Thanks Trev, it does indeed help. The Victory Streak booklet is included so I think I'll happily bid for this :) Was my fave game all those years ago and I'm looking forward to losing my life again!

Lemmi wrote:check the manual replacement thread here, to see whats available

http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1228

around 150 manuals scanned
Ooohh, thanks Lemmi, appreciate that. I'll have a nose and see.

Cheers again guys!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:41 pm

If you don't win it and end up settling for one without a Victory Streak booklet I believe I have a spare sitting around somewhere. Just don't expect me to find it right away... if I can find it at all.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:11 pm

3DO Experience wrote:If you don't win it and end up settling for one without a Victory Streak booklet I believe I have a spare sitting around somewhere. Just don't expect me to find it right away... if I can find it at all.
Cheers man! Very kind of you! They've both got the Victory Streak booklet, but there's a few hours left and both could still be lost to me and I know there's others I could bid for which don't have it, so I'll let you know ;)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:22 pm

Fair warning, I have lost 10 Jaguar carts for like a year or two so finding a little booklet may take some time.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:23 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Fair warning, I have lost 10 Jaguar carts for like a year or two so finding a little booklet may take some time.
I know the feeling, that bloody #15 of 3DO Magazine is here somewhere!!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:58 am

3DO Experience wrote:Fair warning, I have lost 10 Jaguar carts for like a year or two so finding a little booklet may take some time.
Ahhh, you beat me to it! I was totally gonna zing you! :P

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:06 am

Well I won the cheaper one, which comes with the manual and Victory Streak but no cards, but by the sounds of it they're not essential. £7.99 plus £2 p&p sounds like a bargain to me! Looking forward to saying goodbye to my social life again.

Thanks everyone, especially 3DO Experience for the offer.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:53 pm

3DwhO wrote:
I know the feeling, that bloody #15 of 3DO Magazine is here somewhere!!
:shock:

Have you seen my signature? :D

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:19 pm

Haha yes I have, and I know I have it somewhere! I did a spring clean a few months back and I remember seeing it as it was sitting with other mags of mine from years ago that I'd also got letters and stuff in (my letter was in the mythical #15 of 3DO Magazine!) and so I KNOW I wouldn't have thrown it out, but now I just can't find it!

Oh and as for Wing Commander, after all of this the thing DID come with the controls reference card! So got the manual, Victory Streak and that card (well, piece of paper). No ship listing sheet but sure they're all in Victory Streak :)