Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

elitegamer
3DO ZERO USER

Post by elitegamer » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:39 am

Fellow newbie, you've posted this review in the wrong locale. Jus a heads up

ArfredHitchcacku
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ArfredHitchcacku » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:56 am

elitegamer wrote:Fellow newbie, you've posted this review in the wrong locale. Jus a heads up
Yeah, it's pushing a full-on review, but it didn't feel necessary to start a new thread in that forum, considering this is pretty on-topic to begin with; I'm giving my thoughts on the game and the thread is a question...Thanks for being so polite though :)
BAD

-Alfred Hitchcock Presents, 3DO

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:25 am

ArfredHitchcacku wrote:I was going to write a longer review on this game, but honestly I can't think of much to say.

The problem is, as much fun as I don't have playing this game, I can't think of valid complaints. Normally that would lead to, "It's just not for me" but the problem is that the hatred for this game really IS universal. I know SOME people like it, but I can't imagine why.

Again, I can't stress that I can come up with valid complaints. I just don't have fun playing it. I just get my @$$ handed to me by claymation dinosaurs. The most important thing in a fighting game is the feeling that it's WORTH getting good at it. I COULD be good at Primal Rage, but that experience would be painful and besides, I just don't want to.

A misconception may be the controls: From weakest and fastest to strongest and slowest is Quick, Fierce, and Punch, and each of these has Low and High variations. On a 3DO controller (as much as I love them) it's a nightmare, so do yourself a favor and get a 6-Button Street Fighter II Capcom controller, it works GREAT. Controller option 16 is the bottom 3 buttons as Low Quick, Fierce, and Punch, and the top 3 are the same but High.

I might give it another shot, but I think it's fair, and I can see why, games like Srteet Fighter II, Samurai Shodown, and even ****ing Sailor Moon have a bigger following on the system. But just remember kids:

KASUMI NINJA OWNS YOU!

I'm like you on this. Primal Rage looks like a quality product. But it really ain't but it looks so good, I always had that nagging doubt i was doing it wrong, but after several stabs at it, the game just doesn't hang together for me.

When they love Primal Rage they really love Primal Rage.

Here's a quote from an enthralled primal rage fan on my blog:
Like hell Primal Rage was bad, it became THEE arcade hit shortly after it was made. IF Primal Rage had been a bad game it would have never made it to being the top fighting game that year, it beat Mortal Kombat, and that's saying something right there. If any game can beat Mortal Kombat then its obviously something worthwhile of playing.

I grew up playing Primal Rage and I am ENTHRALLED that Atari went ahead with making it for other platforms!!! In fact, I would LOVE for the game to be made again, for the newer systems. I don't remember seeing magazines with that much advertising of Primal Rage. I only heard of the game when I happened to come across it in a movie and video game rental place. It only took once of renting it and playing it for me to be hooked on it. I still am and forever will be!!! PRIMAL RAGE RULES!!!

I would rather play Primal Rage than Mortal Kombat any time, any place without hesitation.

I personally feel that you're downgrading Primal Rage so much because you got your ass wiped all over the floor with the difficulty set on the lowest setting.

Oh yea like Need For Speed is SO much better! -rolls her eyes to show extreme sarcasm in voice-

Whoopie, look at me! I can race through cities without getting in trouble for it! Look at my special car! A car that I'll never be able to afford but I still "drive" in my game to feel better. Isn't it pimped?!

You know, at least Primal Rage wasn't some cheap game inspired to be made AFTER the movie was produced. Sure the inspiration for it came from what majority of the US was watching and was in love with, but at least it didn't come from some movie.

..|.. Primal Rage hater.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:41 am

elitegamer wrote:Fellow newbie, you've posted this review in the wrong locale. Jus a heads up
It's fine.

ArfredHitchcacku
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ArfredHitchcacku » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:40 am

Oh yea like Need For Speed is SO much better! -rolls her eyes to show extreme sarcasm in voice-
That was a she...? :lol:
BAD

-Alfred Hitchcock Presents, 3DO