Goldstar 3DO Console purchase query

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Vyper68
3DO ZERO USER

Goldstar 3DO Console purchase query

Post by Vyper68 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Just bought this on Ebay - just wanted your opinions/feedback on the price and model. Gone and bought it now as impulse buy but seems like a decent one.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT
I have a cunning plan.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:48 pm

I have no personal experience with the Goldstar model, i hear it has durability issues, especially since the cdrom is actually in the tray. I had that issue with my TRY, similar execution, and i cant seem to get it working again. Ribbon connections most likely that i cant fit back properly.

Anyway, it was cheap enough, so why not. I hope it works well for you. I need one myself once my economy allows me to prioritize the "final" 3do model i need (outside the next impossible to find korean ones) for the collection.

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:03 pm

That looks like the second revision which does not have the CD-ROM built into the tray, some have said they have trouble with backups some say it works fine so I guess it just depends on the condition of the console. I have a model 1 Goldstar and it plays backups. NFS has trouble on it but its probably just because it is a backup, also Casper runs a little slow on the Goldstar

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:08 pm

Calavera wrote:That looks like the second revision which does not have the CD-ROM built into the tray
I had no idea, cool.