Clueless, endlessy trotted out rubbish...

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Clueless, endlessy trotted out rubbish...

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:16 am

Taken from here.

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/3do/2010 ... guide.html

It's exactly the sage like response that I hate.

Unfortunately, I can’t think of any 3D0 games worth recommending. I’ve only played a few dozen, but most of the games were early 3D games that have aged terribly or fmv games on a system that doesn’t do fmv very well.

I liked Micro Cabin’s strategy RPG Guardian War. Pretty much everything else halfway decent was ported to Saturn and/or Playstation: Battlesport was pretty good, and there’s always Policenauts, and the Crystal Dynamix games like Gex, Offworld Interceptor, and Total Eclipse weren’t worth playing per se, but they were good by 3D0 standards. Super Street Fighter II Turbo was good at the time, but better ports have made it obsolete, and the port of Samurai Shodown was pretty terrible.

Naughty Dog’s fighting game Way of the Warrior would be enjoyable if you like 90′s American Kusoge. There’s an exclusive Sailor Moon S fighting game that’s alright.

A lot of people swear by Star Control II, which I haven’t played.
So, i'm going to do the comparison thread to end all comparisons.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:59 pm

Where to begin ... :roll: I'll touch on a few ...

Can't think of any worth recommending? :? I can think of 25-30 w/out much effort ... of course this "gamer" probably hasn't even played that many.

A system that doesn't do fmv well?!? :shock: If you don't like fmv fair enough, but this is just ignorant w/no need of explanation.

Sam Sho. was pretty terrible ... and why is that? Has he even played it? The port is great, how can you possible think it is terrible? (especially when he goes on to compliment WOTW) Embarrasing. :roll:

And he hasn't even played SCII, universally lauded as an amazing game (not just on 3DO)

He should be humilated to present thoughts on a console he clearly knows little about. :evil:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Post by phatrat1982 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:06 pm

well I posted a comment to the article but I was attacking someone else not that guy sorry.
"You can call me THE RAT thank you very much"
My Blog> http://ratodd.blogspot.com/
Youtube Channel> http://www.youtube.com/user/phatrat1982

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:14 pm

racketboy.com, in general, is a pretty clueless bunch of people to put it lightly.
There are definitely some useful people there, but the majority of them are very lost.

I can't count how many times I've had to go through the same FAQ with PCE/TG16, Neo Geo, and Sega Saturn.

I occasionally go there to help in the troubleshooting forum, and the "other" console forum.

The articles are put together nicely on the front page, but their user base is meh.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:33 pm

A few years ago there was a 3DO section there that eventually was removed. He talked about how didn't have a 3DO but had played a preview of Jurassic Park and thought it was great. Something along those lines. I am not shitting, he actually recommended Jurassic Park Interactive and acted like it was one of the best games on the system despite never playing any other game for 3DO!

EDIT: I tried to quickly find the page in wayback machine but I've run outta time. I do remember it was after I bought my Saturn because I thought the site was good back then.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

phatrat1982
3DO ZERO USER

Post by phatrat1982 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:27 pm

oh I stumbled across the site a time or two, and I agree mostly with the sentiments. It seams though that it is always the sites filled with the younger crowd that are the worst like they try and sound older than they really are.
"You can call me THE RAT thank you very much"
My Blog> http://ratodd.blogspot.com/
Youtube Channel> http://www.youtube.com/user/phatrat1982

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Re: Clueless, endlessy trotted out rubbish...

Post by Austin » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:35 am

3DOKid wrote:
.. or fmv games on a system that doesn’t do fmv very well.
Wait.. Did Calavera write this article?! :lol:
Calavera wrote:I like FMV games but not on the 3DO, why put FMV games on a system that can't do FMV well?

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:58 am

Back then the FMV was great. but if you look at it now with todays standards, it is sub-par. It's like comparing an NES with an xbox360. Sure one system is more capable but both were great systems for their time. Statements like these are not said looking through a pair of retro knowledged eyes.