Bootleg 3DO Games

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Bootleg 3DO Games

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:34 am

I have through the wonder that is eBay, gathered a couple of professionally made but also quite clearly pirated bootleg copies of games.

I have a copy of Pyramid Wars and Rise of the Robots, where the CD has been stamped, rather than burnt and even etched with graphics on the CD, but it's also obvious they aren't legit.

Who was making these, and where were the coming from...

carlo3do
3DO ZERO USER

Post by carlo3do » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:46 pm

:D i have plenty of thees we use to import them from Malaysia ...

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:39 pm

carlo3do wrote::D i have plenty of thees we use to import them from Malaysia ...
Why am I not surprised :roll:

What are you doing here carlo? What do you bring to this forum? Let me see ...

-You ask about repros.

-You steal 3DOExp's logo.

-You list stuff for sale at ludicrous prices, despite having less than 30 posts (and afterwards try to convince us you sold them all)

-And now, you brag about having a bunch of bootlegs.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

carlo3do
3DO ZERO USER

Post by carlo3do » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:37 pm

Trev wrote:
carlo3do wrote::D i have plenty of thees we use to import them from Malaysia ...
Why am I not surprised :roll:

What are you doing here carlo? What do you bring to this forum? Let me see ...

-You ask about repros.

-You steal 3DOExp's logo.

-You list stuff for sale at ludicrous prices, despite having less than 30 posts (and afterwards try to convince us you sold them all)

-And now, you brag about having a bunch of bootlegs.
:shock: for the love of 3do duhh :D

there's nothing wrong with asking

i dident steal 3DOExp's logo he offered to me via pm you can ask him
get ur fact strait before going accusing stuff

these games r mine and i dont like it when you guys lowball me so i decided i dont want to sell them here anymore cause i know the real collectors know my prices r very reasonable for sealed new games you can ask bitrate and silentman now if you find my prices high trev dont buy
from me :D

as for ur last comment iam not barging i was answering to 3dokid
that they r made in Malaysia and i do have alot of them ...

now i know for a fact that you have issues and you r bored from ur life and have nothing to do on ur spare time but to pick on newbies like me
:D

ackmed
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ackmed » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:37 pm

I have a handful of these bootlegs too

Blade Force
Lemmings
Myst
Need for Speed
Return Fire
Samurai Shodown

I got them off a guy in Thailand through an ebay auction a few years ago.

-ack

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:10 pm

@carlo

By asking about repros and listing stuff for sale as a newbie (w/no prices initially) you violated 2 of this forums rules. Simple as that.

As for the logo, only after you were called out for using it did 3DOExp say it was okay. (the thread is still up, and its easy enough to find)

As for your listings you ...

1. Listed as a new member (the rules are clear for this, and you chose to ignore them)

2. Put no prices at first (again, read the rules, they are clearly posted)

3. Put ridiculous prices (nearly all the actives here are "real" collector's and we do know the value of 3DO games ... a fair amount more than you it seems, as you yourself admit)

As for the bootlegs, your comment that you have "plenty" of them imported from Malaysia (followed by your big smiley face) tells me you aren't a real collector (but possibly a scammer)

And as for picking on newbies ... I've been here 4 1/2 years, and if anything I've stood up for newbies. But I don't need to defend myself ...

Read the rules, and (hopefully) make some legit posts.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

carlo3do
3DO ZERO USER

Post by carlo3do » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:22 pm

is this legit Enough for you?? nooooo commmmmment 8)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:31 pm

At the risk of sounding rude I do have to side with Trev on this one. Except on the logo. He used an image I put openly on the internet. He didn't steal it, and even though I think the real logo looks better I even gave him a slightly higher quality version of it and an alternate so at least it will look better.

carlo3do does make me uncomfortable with all the pirated games. It seems in his country these are actually legal. Is this something new? Not really. Does it strike a bone when it comes to 3DO? Yes. Could we possibly get shut down because of this? There's a slim chance. Everybody is into releasing old titles on new systems now. And a lot of the companies that put games on the 3DO are still around. And there are copyright laws in the UK like the US. If someone comes after here they could also force the CD-i forum that we ride on to close down.

The more carlo3do talks the more I have serious doubts that those sealed games were real. The prices definitely weren't. I hope others seriously takes that into consideration. The only thing that still gives me doubt is the fact that there is hardware too. Not that it can't be faked, but you almost never see it.

You all know I can have low tolerance when it comes to people that do things they shouldn't be. I haven't been banning much but I've been letting things slide. phatrat even started a topic where he inked to ROMs and I deleted it. Normally I would instantly ban someone for this but to to the outbursts that were going on I left it between him and Kid. The fact that I normally ban Honk Kong pirates right away but leave carlo3do here should mean something. But it doesn't.

He gave me the impression he was just another business owner trying to sell stock. Someone (Lemmi?) had bought from him before. He even said he gave us a discount and showed me the prices in his store. I looked around he gives this "discount" all over the web. He also posted that he had no clue what the games were worth, hence why no prices originally, yet in PMs he claimed to use price guides for years. I have serious doubts about the legitimacy of the items he sells and definite doubts of his business practices. And now his "No Comment 8)" makes me uncomfortable enough to ban him.

Oh and more on topic I feel I should point out, bootlegs are copies of non-commercial items. Like what Older Games did. Pirates are copies of games that came out. Like Kid's Rise of the Robots.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

carlo3do
3DO ZERO USER

Post by carlo3do » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:43 pm

so i should go head to head with trev and go low as him after he called me a scammer and a thief so i wont be ban?? :shock:

all this cause i said no comment...

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:50 pm

Maybe it's because instead of just plainly saying "no comment" you wrote "nooooo commmmmment 8)" even acting smug, adding a little smiley face when you even told us you sell pirates of games. I haven't banned you, but your actions aren't helping you.

carlo3do
3DO ZERO USER

Post by carlo3do » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:57 pm

nice meting you 3DO Experience 3DOKid bitrate 8) you can bann me now please delete all my post iam out of here ....

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:09 pm

I'm not banning you but you are making it look like a nice option. Even if we did your posts would remain.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:09 pm

...another one bites the dust.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:16 pm

I honestly didnt think there would be that much of a market for pirate 3do games.. Is there something universal you can look out for in order to avoid them, on say ebay etc?

Ive been collecting 3do on and off since 95 or so, but ive mostly stuck to hardware, accessories, merchandise etc. My game library is fairly small and needs expanding. So would be good if someone could either elaborate, or point me to a thread or info guide on these pirate issues.

Would be much apriciated.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:21 pm

grimm wrote:I honestly didnt think there would be that much of a market for pirate 3do games.. Is there something universal you can look out for in order to avoid them, on say ebay etc?

Ive been collecting 3do on and off since 95 or so, but ive mostly stuck to hardware, accessories, merchandise etc. My game library is fairly small and needs expanding. So would be good if someone could either elaborate, or point me to a thread or info guide on these pirate issues.

Would be much apriciated.
I've been collecting about 10 years and nothing leaps off of the page when trying to spot bootlegs. To be fair they seem to date from the 1990s anyway, so they are kind of interesting in their own right. Unless you have it in your hand, it will be hard to tell.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:24 pm

One thing I have noticed that you can sometimes tell from photos is if the show the disc. Compare it to photos of the disc you can find online. If the one they are selling is one color and all the pics you find on google are more than one color than it's pirated. Not that this is a sure method but it's good for catching people who silkscreen their fakes.

carlo3do
3DO ZERO USER

Post by carlo3do » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:49 pm

i tricked bitrate into giving me 300$ :D

ackmed
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ackmed » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:04 pm

3DO Experience wrote:One thing I have noticed that you can sometimes tell from photos is if the show the disc. Compare it to photos of the disc you can find online. If the one they are selling is one color and all the pics you find on google are more than one color than it's pirated. Not that this is a sure method but it's good for catching people who silkscreen their fakes.
That's exactly how I was able to tell mine were bootlegs before I bought them.

Its pretty obvious.

-ack

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:47 pm

carlo3do wrote:i tricked bitrate into giving me 300$ :D

You tricked me so good that I didn't even know that I had sent you money for anything. In fact, I'm still pretty sure that I haven't sent you money for anything. :?

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Again? Seriously?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw

whats goin on here these days?

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:18 pm

BryWI wrote:Again? Seriously?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw

whats goin on here these days?
I don't know ... but that video, you guessed it, it gimmie da jibblies. (reminds of that goldfish 3DOKid said he used to have)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:20 pm

What is going on with our little community? Looks like now his ban request was approved... *sighs* But yeah ackmed, those photos are great examples of what I was talking about. Thanks for posting them.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:03 am

bitrate wrote:
You tricked me so good that I didn't even know that I had sent you money for anything. In fact, I'm still pretty sure that I haven't sent you money for anything. :?
I think I found it ... :lol:

http://www.gamesstationretro.com/index.php?cPath=1_53

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:26 am

Heh. I'm not sure who he sold that to, but it sure as hell wasn't me lol. You would think that he would at least wait until I bought something before saying he tricked me out of money. Must be some new way to scam people - tell them you are going to do it before they pay.

It's nice that he's reproducing Battle Blues and selling them for $30 a piece :roll: .

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:28 am

Plus $60 shipping!

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:16 am

Perhaps none of what he said had any true validity, and he was just trolling? Everything just seems strange at this point..

Anyways.. Since when did there need to be approvals for ban requests? :lol:

Rogero
3DO ZERO USER

Clearing up the mess made by this forum's Admins

Post by Rogero » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:12 am

I'm Rogero, Carlo's close friend (3DOcarlo) and I just want to clear up some facts here :

1- Carlo was banned and his latest posts in the forum were made by some Admin/Mod of this forum and not by Carlo himself.

2- Carlo have a very respectful store in Lebanon, and he owns a very large collection of "ORIGINAL" 3DO games as well as a lot more of other retro consoles and original games that he spent long years collecting and i'm sure you can't find such a professional and rare collection anywhere else in the world.

3- Carlo didn't say or do anything wrong regarding the rules of this forum, but for some unknown reasons, The Admins decided to ban him and use his account to post some mis-leading information to other users of the forum.

4- In case anyone wanted to reach Carlo, feel free to email him on his address here: LINK DELETED

I am posting this because my friend Carlo was so upset from what happened on this forum and I think that he deserves a lot more respect then what he received here on this forum...

also, this a a copy of the PM i have sent to Bitrate today :
Hello Bitrate,

I'm Roger, you don't know me, I am Carlo's close friend (3DoCarlo) and i just want to clear up the mess that this forum's Administrator have made.

Carlo's account was banned and Carlo can't access his account anymore, but, it was banned before Carlo's latest few posts, that was not Carlo posting the last few posts, even the statement:
is not Carlo who made it,

actually Carlo was so upset of what happened on the forum, and from the way the Admin turned things out on him and banned him,
Carlo have a very respected store here in Lebanon, he have hundreds of Original 3DO games as well as many other retro consoles and games.

If you like to contact Carlo and clear up the mess, you can reach him on his mail:
LINK DELETED

thank you for reading my PM mate, and it's really a shame what this forum Admin's activity is like.

Best Regards

Roger /
Rogero (author of Rogero Manager for PS3 LINK DELETED)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:00 pm

Duplicate posts are generally frowned upon Rogero.

Rogero
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Rogero » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:05 pm

Trev wrote:Duplicate posts are generally frowned upon Rogero.
this particular post must have been posted at least 10 times to make sure that everyone on the forum reads it well...

Thunder
Nibbler

Post by Thunder » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:14 pm

I've read this post a couple times, and I think Rogero is credible. His reasoning makes perfect sense to me.
I break for bannings.