Bootleg 3DO Games

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Rogero
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Rogero » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:29 pm

Thunder wrote:I've read this post a couple times, and I think Rogero is credible. His reasoning makes perfect sense to me.
Thank you Thunder,

I just hope things get settled with this forum members and 3DOcarlo in the right way, and I apologize for registering here today just to make some long posts without any previous activity in your respected forum.

I am myself a Moderator of many forums too and I think what happened here was just un-acceptable.

you can check some of my works from the following links:LINKS DELETED

Cheers.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi Rogero,

I appreciate you are sticking up for your mate, and that's precisely what I was doing. That's why I banned him.

Trev put it best:
1. Listed as a new member (the rules are clear for this, and you chose to ignore them)

2. Put no prices at first (again, read the rules, they are clearly posted)

3. Put ridiculous prices (nearly all the actives here are "real" collector's and we do know the value of 3DO games ... a fair amount more than you it seems, as you yourself admit)

As for the bootlegs, your comment that you have "plenty" of them imported from Malaysia (followed by your big smiley face) tells me you aren't a real collector (but possibly a scammer)
I checked out the IP addresses 3DOCarlo uses, sometimes it was coming out of Poland, sometimes out of Syria, sometimes out of Lebanon, sometimes out of the USA. Maybe, that is how the internet is routed in the Middle-East, and I can appreciate that is how it is (satellite link right?), but also he could be using an anonymizer too right? Something like TOR, or perhaps an anonymous proxy? Got something to hide perhaps? Look at it from our point of view.

Either way, if he talks like a crook ($70 for a game? Come on -- seriously?) Then acts like a crook, doesn't follow the rules, and makes my mates uneasy, this isn't a democracy, I just ban him. I'm looking after my mates too. It really is that simple.

If he had come on to the board, shared some stuff, introduced himself properly, talked to us a little, perhaps things would have been different. Hey, a 3DO Fan in Lebanon? In my book that's awesome, truly awesome - I would have welcomed him with open arms but no...

You can't behave like that person-to-person let alone on the faceless Internet -- what do people expect?

As for his final post -- it doesn't stack up. He was banned? Then saw it? How does that work? I figured it was a final joke. I banned his user name and his IP, but as I say, that's not 100% so it seems. It certainly makes me nervous. The administrators here don't really have the time or the inclination or the attitude for that sort of behaviour that you are implying.

Quite honestly, I'm tired of Internet drama queens thinking they have some sort of right to be here. It's a privilege, a privilege that in 3DOCarlo's case that has been revoked.

Good day to you,

3DOkid.

Rogero
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Rogero » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:43 pm

carlo3do wrote:nice meting you 3DO Experience 3DOKid bitrate 8) you can bann me now please delete all my post iam out of here ....
This was Carlo's last post and not this one:
carlo3do wrote:i tricked bitrate into giving me 300$ :D
I just registered here today to clear this up on Carlo's behalf.
I don't really care who from your Admins posted this, and the most important for Carlo is that Bitrate and other users knows this fact, He is not interested anymore to be part of this forum, Aslo when he mentioned having a lot of these pirated discs imported from Malaysia he was just being honest and sharing this info with the forum members, but this does not mean at all that the Games he usually offer for Sale on his site are from these Bootlegs, he have a large collection of original Games and not only for 3DO but for many other platforms too, his online store speaks for himself about this LINK DELETED

Enough said, and i think things are clear enough now for anyone here in the forum to understand what really happened....

(I'm not posting anymore here, I think this is more then enough now)

and Have a Good Day too,

Regards,

Rogero.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:44 am

He was banned only after making fun of fooling one of our members out of a large amount of money.

You claim that this was his last post:
carlo3do wrote:nice meting you 3DO Experience 3DOKid bitrate 8) you can bann me now please delete all my post iam out of here ....
Did you forget that the person he mocked with his final post was in that one too!?! I take it he had you come back here because Carlo realized he hadn't been paid yet?
bitrate wrote:You tricked me so good that I didn't even know that I had sent you money for anything. In fact, I'm still pretty sure that I haven't sent you money for anything. :?
And if Carlo hadn't posted it than who else knew bitrate was buying anything? It wasn't posted in his thread.

Oh I'm editing all your links by the way.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"