Your rarest item?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Your rarest item?

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:48 pm

My most beloved item of retro 3Do owning goodness. Is this.

Short warp number 3,571 of 10,000.

I was also quite proud of this:

A factory sealed copy of Blue Forest Garden - until I got foolishly coerced into unsealing it. Oh - how I regret that.

So what are you proud of...

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:40 am

here are a few of mine and i paid more for the game then i did for the others except the 3do wheel :)

are the japanese games sealed twice? as in a resealable cover over the actual sealed game?

Here is the game i paid the most for, more then any other game EVER

here is a boxed FZ-10 VCD Adaptor, and a loose FZ-1 VCD adaptor

here is a Memory unit

and finally the 3DO Driving Wheel

and ive already caught 2 people who stole my images on ebay
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:45 am

Lemmi wrote:here are a few of mine and i paid more for the game then i did for the others except the 3do wheel :)
Well, don't leave us in suspense! How much were they?

And wow, I remember playing DinoPark Tycoon with friends on their PCs! What a great game... At least, I remember it being good. Who knows if it stands the test of time.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:47 am

Mobius wrote:
Lemmi wrote:here are a few of mine and i paid more for the game then i did for the others except the 3do wheel :)
Well, don't leave us in suspense! How much were they?

And wow, I remember playing DinoPark Tycoon with friends on their PCs! What a great game... At least, I remember it being good. Who knows if it stands the test of time.
Dino Park -$175 - i dont know if it stands the test of time as i never played it :)
Memory Unit + VCD fz10 + VCD fz1 = $200 total
The Wheel is a secret because if i sell it i want way more then i paid for it ;)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:23 am

I got a Japanese FZ-10 for free (boxed) and a VCD adapter for about £20 - I was quite chuffed with that!

...I want that wheel lemmi - I want it. :twisted:

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:32 am

3DOKid wrote:I got a Japanese FZ-10 for free (boxed) and a VCD adapter for about £20 - I was quite chuffed with that!

i want a sanyo system but i only saw 1 the entire time on ebay US during my collecting but it was loose and i want it boxed, i think they look cool, Zangardo didnt even have one at the end

i stumbled across this that i forgot i had, are these shirts rare?

Windows Killer
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Windows Killer » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:02 pm

I don't have much rare 3DO stuff. My rarest items are a brand-new unopened FZ-10 Video CD Adaptor and an M2 proto controller.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:56 pm

I've tried a few times to acquire Dino park tycoon, but I always get out bid in the final moments (maybe by you Lemmi?) Probably the rarest item I have is the Japenese game, Doctor Hauzer, a cool survival horror game the predates Resident Evil by over a year. (Why it wasn't ported I'm not sure, since it seems it would be easy to localize ... no spoken speech) Anyway, for non japenese titles, I'd say Woody Woodpecker is my rarest (though I only have volume I)

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:23 pm

I've tried a few times to acquire Dino park tycoon, but I always get out bid in the final moments (maybe by you Lemmi?)

only if you were bidding on them in 2003 :D
i finished my game collection in 2004 for the most part

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:32 pm

Guess your off the hook then :wink: I've bid on Dino Park within the last 3 or 4 months.

Madroms

Post by Madroms » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:00 pm

I also have Short Warp but the 110 / 10000, and 2 copies of Blue Forest Monogatari, one with SAMPLE written on the inner ring.

I don't have any particular rare item, or maybe some demo discs, I don't know if I can say ther are rare.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:46 pm

Yeah - another Short Warp. I noticed there is one on Ebay right now but all the important plain cover with hand written number is missing!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SHORT-WARP-for-3D ... otohosting

I'm still trying cajole the wife into playing BFS... :wink:

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:51 am

Hmm, well as sad as this is, the rarest things I have in my collection are the Capcom Fighter Pad with the red buttons and I also have the Sailor Moon game complete, well, minus the spine card, but still . . .
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Fri May 25, 2007 6:55 pm

Lemmi wrote:
3DOKid wrote:I got a Japanese FZ-10 for free (boxed) and a VCD adapter for about £20 - I was quite chuffed with that!

i want a sanyo system but i only saw 1 the entire time on ebay US during my collecting but it was loose and i want it boxed, i think they look cool, Zangardo didnt even have one at the end

i stumbled across this that i forgot i had, are these shirts rare?

Zangardo??? I think he fell off the face of the earth. He had one of the best collections of 3DO stuff I have ever seen.

Benny
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Benny » Sat May 26, 2007 4:29 pm

I really don't have much of anything that is rare for the 3do, but did happen to win a bid on ebay of 4 3do controllers all different brands. A goldstar controller, a madcatz 6 button controller, and interact turbo controller, and a logitech controller which by its design looks like it came with the creative 3do blaster. this one doesn't have the smooth contours of the panasonic version.

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:27 am

I just won Dr. Hauzer...is that rare? I was the only one who bid on it and was suprised.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:39 pm

Dr Hauzer is pretty common in Japan but rocking-horse-pooh outside of Japan.

It's also the best not-released-in-the-west game for the 3do...

You could use my FAQ :)

DragonmasterDan
3DO ZERO USER

Post by DragonmasterDan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:45 am

3DOKid wrote:Dr Hauzer is pretty common in Japan but rocking-horse-pooh outside of Japan.

It's also the best not-released-in-the-west game for the 3do...

You could use my FAQ :)
Do you really think it's better than Policenauts as far as games that didn't make the trip over the Pacific?
--DragonmasterDan

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:59 am

ONly in so much that it is playable. Policenauts, so I'm told, is very nice indeed, with a great story but it is completely unplayable for most none Japanese speaking people.

DragonmasterDan
3DO ZERO USER

Post by DragonmasterDan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:55 pm

3DOKid wrote:ONly in so much that it is playable. Policenauts, so I'm told, is very nice indeed, with a great story but it is completely unplayable for most none Japanese speaking people.
Ehh, I wouldn't say it's completely unplayable. I would say that an understanding of Japanese definitely helps. I've played through it on both 3DO and Saturn.
--DragonmasterDan

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 pm

I'm waiting for the psx patched version ;)

wulfren
3DO ZERO USER

Post by wulfren » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:51 am

Well sadly I don't have much in the old or collectible line. However, a couple of things I do have that i'm very proud of (that weren't too terribly common) are first and Foremost

Steel Battalion Controller & both games the single player and the Xbox Live (multiplayer version)

I have a first production run version. Basically the biggest differences you can see between the 2 versions is that the first gen version had green buttons across the controller. The 2'nd version had blue buttons, and just a very little bit of touch up in the durability of the controller.

http://www.golem.de/0212/23214-steel%20 ... roller.jpg

The other thing that I have that I'm very proud of is my Ace Combat 5 flight kit. From what I understand it was alot like the SB controller, it was expensive so many people didn't buy it plus the controller only works with a handful of games. Oddly enough tho, the stick is made by Hori. But really its an exact copy of a SaiTek X45 (which i have sitting right beside it). The kit also came with a rather large patch of the Unit medallion (the graphic that is painted on the tail of all the air planes in the game. It was made big enough to fit on the back of a leather bomber/fighter jacket

http://www.dreamstation.cc/news/images/ ... _stick.jpg

/sigh now to get the first 4 games to complete the collection up to that point...lol man this is a downward spiral isn't it
Wulfren

~Lupine Nobilis~