Sales Forum?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Sales Forum?

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:01 pm

It's an easy question. What happened to the Sales forums? I'd love to purchase some 3DO goodies but would really rather not deal with evilbay . . .
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

SCREAMKIDSARCADE
3DO ZERO USER

Post by SCREAMKIDSARCADE » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:02 pm

As Ive just been told, its shut for good!
Feel free to reply to any of my posts by email @ hunter.michael.ward@gmail.com

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:02 pm

The world is full of unreliable rip-off merchant drama queens, and i can't be bothered to deal with them. People take other people for granted too easily, things get lost, people are lazy. Some people think criminal behaviour is okay.

I myself, have not had a stellar experience trading on here, either directly or indirectly, and therefore the 'for sale' section is closed and forever will remain so.

Basically, I got sick of it, and we don't need it.

The extra eBay/Amazon (a.n.other service) charge goes in part to the maintaining and staffing of resolution centres, and therefore the surcharge these organisations place on sales is valuable and required service. Use them.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:01 pm

It's a shame, as I hate paying eBay prices myself (I do come across good deals, just have to spend more time looking than I probably should). From what I understand though, some transactions here went terribly sour. Fortunately I wasn't a part of them, and whom I dealt with was nice and trustworthy, but that wasn't the case for everyone else. :(

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:23 am

such a small community, it really isn't a safe place to do online transactions.
I'm sure 3dokid doesnt want to worry about what devious deals are going down on the forum as well.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:57 am

I've had probably over a dozen good sales/trades on this forum over the years. Regulars like 3DOExp, 3DOKid, Austin, MattyG, etc ... are all good eggs. That being said, I did have one or 2 bad experiences ... and thats really all it took to sour me on it. Now if I wanna deal, I just shoot a pm.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:30 am

Another thing I noticed is that there were quite a few people that joined up solely to post in the marketplace. That got pretty annoying after a while.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:21 am

Austin wrote:Another thing I noticed is that there were quite a few people that joined up solely to post in the marketplace. That got pretty annoying after a while.
Did it ever.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:10 am

I never had any bad deals personally but towards the end the dirt-bags were coming out of the woodwork. It seemed like every month I was getting PMs about people being ripped off by someone, many of which only joined to post in the market place. And the straw that broke the camel's back was one that actually flaunted their misdeeds. I do miss having an open place to buy and sell but I don't miss the drama.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:15 am

3DO Experience wrote:I never had any bad deals personally but towards the end the dirt-bags were coming out of the woodwork. It seemed like every month I was getting PMs about people being ripped off by someone, many of which only joined to post in the market place. And the straw that broke the camel's back was one that actually flaunted their misdeeds. I do miss having an open place to buy and sell but I don't miss the drama.
Wow. What a prick to pull something like that. I'm sorry because I am actually looking for a copy of Samurai Shodown, as it were. Just asking is all. I had been gone for quite some time so I just wanted to ask. Had no idea all that had gone down.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:20 am

i tried only one deal here, and it went sour. I didn't lose any money in the end, but some less experiences people could have been fooled.