Way of the Warrior

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Way of the Warrior

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:33 am

Besides wanting to talk about this game, could someone please post some scans or something for the instruction booklet? I'd really appreciate it very much!
Last edited by T2KFreeker on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:09 am

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Well its got greet room fatalities.... :lol:

User avatar
bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:35 am

Post by bitrate » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:44 pm

I think 3DOExperience or Lemmi put it up here:

http://cdinteractive.co.uk/...

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:08 am

bitrate wrote:I think 3DOExperience or Lemmi put it up here:

http://cdinteractive.co.uk/...
Yeah, I ended up snagging those. I appreciate it.

Seriously though, is there anyone around that likes this game? Sometimes I feel that I'm about all that there is. Most people that seem to even remotely like the game either is just because of the White Zombie soundtrack. As far as Mortal Kombat clones go, I always thought that Way of the Warrior seems to have a leg up for it's time over most others. Not perfect, but can still be quite fun, especially in multiplayer with friends.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

ATARI5200
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:05 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Way of the Warrior

Post by ATARI5200 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:08 am

W.O.W- u can't be serious! This is the game that brought me into the fighting game genre. The graphics, soundtrack... Stellar! gameplay "7.5 - 8", esp. after u loosen the controllers screws to allow for a more accurate diagonal (sweep) motion. Stage fatalities, Dbl rnd Fatalities, Grt. storyline! This game still kick A$$$. Haters keep hating, as far as the manual... Sorry! My disc barely survived 2 c 2 day. 3d0 today uploads that kind of thing, but it's not there now. Good Luck... Challenger!

User avatar
sneth
Nibbler
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:31 pm
Location: STL
Contact:

Post by sneth » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:17 am

if this was the game that brought you into fighters, then i feel sorry for you.

I actually put a lot of hours into this game for unknown reasons.

User avatar
Trev
3DO ZONE MOD
Posts: 4033
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: States
Contact:

Post by Trev » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:36 am

Way of the Warrior was/is a fun game to watch other people play ... but I can only do a few matches before I start to get angry with it. It's like a soda that tastes refreshing at first, but afterwards leaves a nasty chemical aftertaste.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:15 pm

Trev wrote:Way of the Warrior was/is a fun game to watch other people play ... but I can only do a few matches before I start to get angry with it. It's like a soda that tastes refreshing at first, but afterwards leaves a nasty chemical aftertaste.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Paranoia Dragon
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:04 am
Location: Somewhere near Cybertron

Post by Paranoia Dragon » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:04 am

All we really need is for Naughty Dog to include an HD remix of it as a bonus on the Jak & Daxter collection. :D

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:51 pm

Paranoia Dragon wrote:All we really need is for Naughty Dog to include an HD remix of it as a bonus on the Jak & Daxter collection. :D
...or the next release of Uncharted :)

I do notice that more often than not, interviews with Naughty Dog seem to start at Crash Bandicoot and carelessly forget about 3DO and WoW.

Their official page for instance:

http://www.naughtydog.com/company/

Judas

:evil:

User avatar
Trev
3DO ZONE MOD
Posts: 4033
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: States
Contact:

Post by Trev » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:20 pm

Link doesn't work for me ... :?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:07 pm

3DOKid wrote:
Paranoia Dragon wrote:All we really need is for Naughty Dog to include an HD remix of it as a bonus on the Jak & Daxter collection. :D
...or the next release of Uncharted :)

I do notice that more often than not, interviews with Naughty Dog seem to start at Crash Bandicoot and carelessly forget about 3DO and WoW.

Their official page for instance:

http://www.naughtydog.com/company/

Judas

:evil:
Yup, gotta' love how they basically say that anything before Crash was a "Garage Project". I guess WotW was a pretty damn sophisticated one, at that! They remind me of Rebellion software as they talk about all of the AVP games they have worked on except the Jaguar one on their website. Very sad.

As a matter of fact, not that I am preaching that this is the most amazing fighter ever, but Naughty Dog must have been one of those "Rich" garage studios, right? Imagine the cost that went into this game at the time. The graphics are actually very nice. I have always loved the backgrounds and compared to Mortal Kombat, the characters really do blend in with them much better. Then, add in the music from White Zombie, one of the biggest Rock acts at the time, yeah, seems like every garage coders wet dream to be able to get that kind of support. I'm putting on the long boots because suddenly this room got more full of shite! :lol: Naughty Dog needs to give it up and live with the fact that every game they made wasn't a critical success. And to be perfectly honest? I only ever really liked the first Crash Bandicoot anyway. Everyone else over the age of seven at the time seems to feel the same way too. :roll: Way of the Warrior, FTW! :twisted:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:47 pm

Trev wrote:Link doesn't work for me ... :?
Did you try clicking on it? ( ;) )

http://www.naughtydog.com/

then click on company, then click about.

User avatar
Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:10 pm
Location: Mich

Post by Lemmi » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:50 am

the only thing good about WotW is the soundtrack, period ;)

i wouldnt put that turd on my website as its a game that should be forgotten, and this is comming from a guy who loves Street Fighter: The Movie game on Saturn (a game which i found no love from anyone else) :P
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:52 am

Lemmi wrote:the only thing good about WotW is the soundtrack, period ;)

i wouldnt put that turd on my website as its a game that should be forgotten, and this is comming from a guy who loves Street Fighter: The Movie game on Saturn (a game which i found no love from anyone else) :P
At least the game was better than the actual movie though! :lol: I have it in my collection . . .
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:11 am

Lemmi wrote:the only thing good about WotW is the soundtrack, period ;)

i wouldnt put that turd on my website as its a game that should be forgotten, and this is comming from a guy who loves Street Fighter: The Movie game on Saturn (a game which i found no love from anyone else) :P
Street Fighter the Movie. You liked that?

User avatar
Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:30 am
Location: Fairfax, VA
Contact:

Post by Austin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:57 am

The funny thing about Street Fighter the Movie is that it's actually a good game that plays well, only covered up by horrendous digitized graphics. Way of the Warrior on the other hand, well, We all know it's no Street Fighter in the gameplay department! ;)

User avatar
Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:10 pm
Location: Mich

Post by Lemmi » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:50 pm

3DOKid wrote:
Lemmi wrote:the only thing good about WotW is the soundtrack, period ;)

i wouldnt put that turd on my website as its a game that should be forgotten, and this is comming from a guy who loves Street Fighter: The Movie game on Saturn (a game which i found no love from anyone else) :P
Street Fighter the Movie. You liked that?
yep and i like the movie also, anything with kylie minouge in it is good to me (Bio-Dome anyone?)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:44 am

Austin wrote:The funny thing about Street Fighter the Movie is that it's actually a good game that plays well, only covered up by horrendous digitized graphics. Way of the Warrior on the other hand, well, We all know it's no Street Fighter in the gameplay department! ;)
Nope, not on the same level as Street Fighter at all, but not as bad as some games, like Shadow? :mrgreen:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

ATARI5200
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:05 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Post by ATARI5200 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:59 am

I'm jus glad I had the foresight to acknowledge Way of the Warrior haters! As we all know... "The truth hurts" and the fact the W of the W/WOTW/W.O.W is an obvious student of the more notable "Midway: MK series"(...as not to exclude other fighters i.e S. Sho zoom cam). It's funny how so many gamers acknowledge the "WAY...", while comparing the "WAY", N a "WAY", that should be likened to the similarities of Kobe to Jordan or Jordan to Doc. J.

At the end of the day...Our collective opinions of the greatness, strengths or inherit weakness of any game are merely frivolous personal commentaries.

WOW has its cheese factor(s), as do the console versions of MK... esp "one" on Sega Gen. "Horrible" port. Graphically, sound or otherwise. Therefore the only logical conclusion is that WOW is a contender. The name/game will remain.. "to find a way", regardless to the HATERS!

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:32 am

ATARI5200 wrote:I'm jus glad I had the foresight to acknowledge Way of the Warrior haters! As we all know... "The truth hurts" and the fact the W of the W/WOTW/W.O.W is an obvious student of the more notable "Midway: MK series"(...as not to exclude other fighters i.e S. Sho zoom cam). It's funny how so many gamers acknowledge the "WAY...", while comparing the "WAY", N a "WAY", that should be likened to the similarities of Kobe to Jordan or Jordan to Doc. J.

At the end of the day...Our collective opinions of the greatness, strengths or inherit weakness of any game are merely frivolous personal commentaries.

WOW has its cheese factor(s), as do the console versions of MK... esp "one" on Sega Gen. "Horrible" port. Graphically, sound or otherwise. Therefore the only logical conclusion is that WOW is a contender. The name/game will remain.. "to find a way", regardless to the HATERS!

Does this post come subtitles?

User avatar
Trev
3DO ZONE MOD
Posts: 4033
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: States
Contact:

Post by Trev » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Um ... what? :?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:07 am

Yeah, I am confused as well. Perhaps it is a cryptic message that tells you how to unlock hidden MK characters in WotW? :shock:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

ATARI5200
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:05 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Decoded

Post by ATARI5200 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:05 am

Talkin shi_ ova the net will 4 ever b lame! Maybe the same way u htrs may fell bout WOTW!

Nuttin' was coded, i thght this forum was populated by gamers, not lil internet sissy! If the abbr.'s threw yall off that one thing! If the b-ball analogy threw yall off that's another.

But, jus cus a like the "Way"... "Way" more then I do MK, then so b it! My preference i.e. what "I" like! U like mario... I prefer sonic! U say Sega's the best, I say nes is better!

At the end of the convo, u don't have to put mayo on your fries and I don't have to eat a hamburger, if I prefer veggie burgers (which is true). The point is this...! TKwhatever and the 2 admin's or other commentators whatever, need 2 do more than play v-games and write code. Maybe then u might understand ENG.

ATARI5200
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:05 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

PS

Post by ATARI5200 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:08 am

TYPOS & ALL... U KNO WHAT I MEANT!

IF THE SHOE FITS WEAR IT!

I JOIN'D 2 TLK 3DO GAMING, NOT CYBER SPAT WITH LIL GIRLS

User avatar
Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:30 am
Location: Fairfax, VA
Contact:

Post by Austin » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:56 am

/facepalm

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:32 am

Oh boy! :roll: I didn't see anyone talking smack man. It's not our fault we can't understand your typing. It's not even the typing really, it was just that it didn't make sense. :wink:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

ATARI5200
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:05 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Post by ATARI5200 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:03 pm

So obviously we all understand now... Opinions r opinions and the way we xpress them can b misunderstood or misconstrued. My response was based on the perceived heckling, which i found offensive.

What can I say, I like Way of the Warrior. Up until its release I played sports & platform (mascot) games. I didn't put all my qtrs n a MKII cabinet. I've always played vg's at home since oddessy, my cuz had one (yellow & blk, man I was jell).

My first system was an atari2600 (actually)! Then sega master... i was crushed for like 5 min, that it wasn't nes, but u kno what? I think the Wonderboy series was better then mario. I think Nes and mario actually jacked all that morphing ie flying raccoon, frog mess was a wb (sega) innovation, if mem serves me right.

Jus as we'd all have 2 agree that 1st & 2nd rnd fatalities was a naughty dog innovation! My point is, lets tlk gamin' wit out all the flack. "We don't have to like the same games when we luv the same systems..." ATARI5200

User avatar
Trev
3DO ZONE MOD
Posts: 4033
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: States
Contact:

Post by Trev » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Since when is asking for clarification talking flack? :? We weren't heckling you (heck, how could we when we couldn't understand you) Anyway, insulting members by calling them names isn't the best way to get your point across Atari5200 ... lets enjoy chatting about 3DO w/o being quick to take offense.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:04 pm

ATARI5200 wrote:So obviously we all understand now... Opinions r opinions and the way we xpress them can b misunderstood or misconstrued. My response was based on the perceived heckling, which i found offensive.

What can I say, I like Way of the Warrior. Up until its release I played sports & platform (mascot) games. I didn't put all my qtrs n a MKII cabinet. I've always played vg's at home since oddessy, my cuz had one (yellow & blk, man I was jell).

My first system was an atari2600 (actually)! Then sega master... i was crushed for like 5 min, that it wasn't nes, but u kno what? I think the Wonderboy series was better then mario. I think Nes and mario actually jacked all that morphing ie flying raccoon, frog mess was a wb (sega) innovation, if mem serves me right.

Jus as we'd all have 2 agree that 1st & 2nd rnd fatalities was a naughty dog innovation! My point is, lets tlk gamin' wit out all the flack. "We don't have to like the same games when we luv the same systems..." ATARI5200
I like Way of the Warrior too. It reminds me of what was important in gaming in the 1990s. I personally didn't like Mortal Kombat either, and preferred the Anime style of Samurai Shodown and Street Fighter 2. (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon is pretty cool too)

On another note, this is a very multi-national forum and text speak tends to make it more challenging for non-native English speakers, if you could avoid using it, that would be brilliant. Thank you.

3DOKid

Post Reply