NVRAM Pro - Unreleased

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

NVRAM Pro - Unreleased

Post by bitrate » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:17 am

Here is what I believe to be an unreleased 3DO memory-type management title:

I may be mistaken, but I believe that this "NVRAM Pro" title may be what Alex Werner was referring to in this (LINK) thread.

Here are a couple of excerpts from that thread:
MaxTheVool wrote:Yes indeed. There was an Opera title called something like "3DO toolkit" or something like that which let you see what files were on your memory card and so forth and do other system-y things. It was written by the same guy who wrote Mercury.
MaxTheVool wrote:No, I'm thinking of an Opera (M1) title that I'm 95% sure was actually released. Except that some googling doesn't find it at all. Maybe it was close to release, so I saw a finished version, but then it never actually made it out?

Below are some screen captures of the functions. It includes the storage manager v2.0.
It allows you to test NVRAM, completely erase NVRAM, create custom files, and fill in NVRAM.

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:15 am

I've seen part of this before. I was pulling games apart and the forklift graphic was in it.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:58 am

Another nice contribution, thanks for posting. :)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:29 am

3DO Experience wrote:I've seen part of this before. I was pulling games apart and the forklift graphic was in it.

That's interesting.
If you remember which game it was, I would be interested in taking a look at it.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:55 am

That's awesome Bitrate :)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:37 am

I'll kick around some files during the week and see it I can find it.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:56 am

Okay, now that's cool. Game Guru 2.0? :lol: Nice share man!
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:41 pm

Yeah we want a GameGuru 2.0 and a bleemCast 89% complete. Where are they bitrate? :D

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:04 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Yeah we want a GameGuru 2.0 and a bleemCast 89% complete. Where are they bitrate? :D

I'll see what I can do. :wink:

T2KFreeker wrote:Game Guru 2.0?

Actually, I think it's more like a Game Guru 0.5. :lol:

I'm guessing that this was meant to be released similarly to the 3DO "Interactive Sampler" or "Panasonic Sampler" titles. Possibly even as a pack-in type disk.

Jones
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Jones » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:41 pm

This fork-lift background picture actually sucks quite a bit... :)

Anyway, thanks for sharing - very interesting!

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:58 am

I'll take that Bleemcast, especially if it is save compatible! I like my regular Game Guru though. :wink:

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:54 am

I wish the very mentioning of bleem would just stop forever. I could of went another 3 years without remembering that horrible product. I am thankful it came to a complete stop.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:00 am

BryWI wrote:I wish the very mentioning of bleem would just stop forever. I could of went another 3 years without remembering that horrible product. I am thankful it came to a complete stop.
Horrible product? :cry:

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:13 am

yeah. I hope you aren't using that decade old trash still? Back then, charging for an emulator was hated upon in a manner which words can not describe.. Not only was the legality of it a giant grey area (Still is), One could achieve the results better with freeware programs. And bleemcast.... yeah i want to pay for an emulator that runs one game.... No, actually I dont want to pay for that. I lied. Well not a lie, More like sarcasm actually.

I am just going to throw out a random guess here but I would almost bet money on more than half of bleems user base pirated it. Bleem was somewhat of a joke to alot of people. And I thank god that I can not remember why other than the charging of the emulator.

Oh but wait, I am going to go look it up on wikipedia just for arguments sake.... BUT WAIT. Wikipedia is blacked out! Thanks the lord! I still wont remember why!! I am thankful for this blessing today/tonight.

Ok I think my rant is done for the moment.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:16 am

BryWI wrote:yeah. I hope you aren't using that decade old trash still? Back then, charging for an emulator was hated upon in a manner which words can not describe.. Not only was the legality of it a giant grey area (Still is), One could achieve the results better with freeware programs. And bleemcast.... yeah i want to pay for an emulator that runs one game.... No, actually I dont want to pay for that. I lied. Well not a lie, More like sarcasm actually.

I am just going to throw out a random guess here but I would almost bet money on more than half of bleems user base pirated it. Bleem was somewhat of a joke to alot of people. And I thank god that I can not remember why other than the charging of the emulator.

Oh but wait, I am going to go look it up on wikipedia just for arguments sake.... BUT WAIT. Wikipedia is blacked out! Thanks the lord! I still wont remember why!! I am thankful for this blessing today/tonight.

Ok I think my rant is done for the moment.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: