Lurkers

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:16 pm

Trev wrote:I kinda like polls ... I think they stimulate discussion. It also is a good gauge on readers vs. posters, because you can compare the number of votes against the number of comments.
I like polls too.. However on some forums, it seems like there is a poll every day. If not a literal poll with options, then one asking retarded hypothetical questions that you have probably answered dozens of times in the past: "What's your favorite system? What's the worst system? What would you do if you are stuck on an island and could only have one system? blah blah blaaaaahhh.." :lol:

elitegamer
3DO ZERO USER

Post by elitegamer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:00 am

First things first... I'm a hard core gamer and moderate collector. Gaming has and will continue to be my passion. I own 8 systems and a couple hundred games, but for some reason I'm infatuated with the 3do.

This is the only forum to which I have registered. I do not follow Twitter, Facebook or whatever else goes on over the net. I registered here to find a gaming "home/headquaters". Lurking or reading here has help to fuel my 3do desires. The whole reason I've posed questions that have inadvertently created some undue hostilities has been in part to "bannings", that I've been privy to read.

Honestly as a outsider looking in, some of this actions appeared to be premature. Especially considering the duration of time which elapsed prior to the act (or banning) themselves. I will admit my point of questioning has been ambitious, being misperceived as inflammatory commentary. However I think my sentiments are now being understood... If not in whole or in part which is all that I'd expected.

As another member testified, 3DO Zone is the place to be "if" (when) you really love the platform. When an interested party seeks particular 3do related new, blah blah... The forum will likely come up in the top destination sites.

Therefore I felt compelled to address an issue on behalf of others that may have been muted prematurely or without consideration for their perspectives to incidents, which lead to being banned. I mean, we are a small community as it is, whether registered, lurking or just passing by. Either way, anyone of us could help get our forum/ platform to the level of its gaming counterparts.

In short, its hard to say who's been banned at this point. Maybe they've cracked a code: homebrew, vcd, emu or whatever. Maybe these conflicting parties where having a bad day and was rubbed the wrong way by comments posted. Whatever the case maybe, maybe infractions could be enforced prior to such acts. Liberal use of the term "ban them" can too be inflammatory, which is way some posters lash out as they fell they themselves are being attacked by the forum members.

Just a point to consider, thanx 4 reading.

FrumpleOrz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FrumpleOrz » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:23 am

Hmmm ... how about a poll asking if people like 3DO trivia?
ONE VOTE FOR YES.

The poll is over and it's official! People on the forum like 3DO trivia! THE CROWD GOES WILD! WHOOOOOOOOO!

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:51 am

not worth it ;)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:05 am

Hmmm ... I think I might post the poll for real. :)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Scarlettkitten
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Scarlettkitten » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:10 am

I guess I'm lurking a bit lately, still love the 3DO and this forum though.

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:40 am

FrumpleOrz wrote:
ONE VOTE FOR YES.

The poll is over and it's official! People on the forum like 3DO trivia! THE CROWD GOES WILD! WHOOOOOOOOO!
Heck yeah. I would also love trivia. PARTY!!!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:44 am

JohnnyDude wrote:
FrumpleOrz wrote:
ONE VOTE FOR YES.

Heck yeah. I would also love trivia. PARTY!!!
We've got something in the works. 8)

(and by we I mean I begged someone else to work on some and they are working on it)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

elitegamer
3DO ZERO USER

Post by elitegamer » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:46 pm

You guys are crazy as h e double jockey sticks, but in a good way. :lol: I can't stop laughing. Classic sarcasms, most be one of the reason so many love 3DO Zone.