Recent 3DO Purchases

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Recent 3DO Purchases

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:57 pm

a31chris wrote:Tracy Scoggins was way hot back in the day.
\\Yuppers, she was and looked great in Snow Job! All of those games are tops, but Snow Job and Sewer Shark totally rock. Sewer Shark is so awesome on the 3DO. Gotta' love the video quality over the Sega CD version. I miss it...

Relax. Pretend it's just a game. Maybe it'll even be fun! :lol:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:59 pm

I loves Christmas. Got Syndicate in it's long box with instructions as well as the Japanese releases of Tatsujin and Tatsujin Returns! It's been a 3DO Christmas! Nice!

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:51 pm

Didn't get any 3DO stuff for Christmas, but over the course of the past year I've picked up complete copies of Hanako-San, The Horde, Space Hulk, and The Perfect General, each for between $15-18 shipped. I'd like to start working on them sometime soon, especially The Horde, but I don't want to lose all my saved games!

Oh, I also got Dragon Lore for about $25, and pieced together a complete copy of Star Control II via a combination of trade and cash. But that was a while ago. I got a cheap but manual-less Cyberia somewhere in there too.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:15 pm

So, surprised. I got's the surprise yesterday. Got's me Primal Rage, Total Eclipse, Johnny Bazookatone and also CPU Bach! CPU Back was brand new, just haven't opened it yet. When I do, I'll be posting in the appropriate section on contents! 2015 is already shipping up to be a fantastic 3DO year! :D

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:54 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:So, surprised. I got's the surprise yesterday. Got's me Primal Rage, Total Eclipse, Johnny Bazookatone and also CPU Bach! CPU Back was brand new, just haven't opened it yet. When I do, I'll be posting in the appropriate section on contents! 2015 is already shipping up to be a fantastic 3DO year! :D
Good stuff Freeker!

I also want Bazookatone for 3DO at some point. I have rules and regulation(!) about which games I want per console, and I tend to get certain games specifically for certain platforms.

In this instance, Bazookatone is a game I would rather have for 3DO > PS1 or SAT... if you get me :lol:

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:24 pm

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:So, surprised. I got's the surprise yesterday. Got's me Primal Rage, Total Eclipse, Johnny Bazookatone and also CPU Bach! CPU Back was brand new, just haven't opened it yet. When I do, I'll be posting in the appropriate section on contents! 2015 is already shipping up to be a fantastic 3DO year! :D
Good stuff Freeker!

I also want Bazookatone for 3DO at some point. I have rules and regulation(!) about which games I want per console, and I tend to get certain games specifically for certain platforms.

In this instance, Bazookatone is a game I would rather have for 3DO > PS1 or SAT... if you get me :lol:
I hear you. The game was always pretty bad ass, actually. I always loved what they were able to pull off with it on the 3DO actually. The animation for everything looks so fluid and solid, how could you not want Johnny Bazookatone?

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:57 pm

"CPU Back"? Sounds like the perfect name for a sequel to CPU Bach! :lol: Seriously, good job finding a still sealed copy.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:33 pm

I got a copy of Flashback. I've been vaguely interested in the game ever since I first saw advertisements for the Genesis version in my comic books, and its heavy use of cinematics would seem to make it a perfect fit for the 3DO. Besides, the 3DO is the only one of the many platforms Flashback has appeared on which I own. I understand that 3DO Flashback is supposed to be just a lazy port, but from my perspective it's still worth spending a few bucks on.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:59 pm

Martin III wrote:I got a copy of Flashback. I've been vaguely interested in the game ever since I first saw advertisements for the Genesis version in my comic books, and its heavy use of cinematics would seem to make it a perfect fit for the 3DO. Besides, the 3DO is the only one of the many platforms Flashback has appeared on which I own. I understand that 3DO Flashback is supposed to be just a lazy port, but from my perspective it's still worth spending a few bucks on.
Funny this is the last post as I just got Flashback again as well. I needed to replace it either way. Say what you will about "Lazy Ports", but I actually like the 3DO version as it is my favorite port of the game from the period. The cleaned up Cinematics alone made it worth it. I hope that you played it and enjoyed it.

I also got Bust A Move in it's jewel case with art and instructions and a brand new "Not for Resale" Longbox of Twisted The Game Show. I missed that game. LOL

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:40 am

Most recent pick ups were pal return fire, FIFA and killing time. Also got long box copy of hell. Have now got wolfenstein 3do having finally found a copy so when that arrives I will savour it. Want maps o death but need to know if pal one will play on jap console as I have a feeling it might not even tho return fire itself does....would be good if anyone could say?

daemon lord gomazoa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by daemon lord gomazoa » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:56 pm

Before October: FZ-1. Total eclips. Shock wave. Crash n burn. Nakitek turbo controller.

After October:
Playstation controller adapter for 3DO
Playstation ascii arcade stick.
Playstation analog stick.

Savage Garden CD+G karaoke
Kodak PhotoCD sample disc
John Madden game
Information society CD+G

Shiping to me ATM:
INU OH Kodak Portfolio PhotoCD (J)
Panasonic FZ-FV1A.

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:42 am

Wolfenstein. Love this game and love this version. Superb!

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:27 pm

My recent purchases:

Snow Job and Space Ace are CiB, Lost Eden is missing the manual.

3DO Brazil website (in portuguese): http://www.3dobrasil.com.br

MathUser
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MathUser » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:22 am

You guys are making me wish I had a 3DO. Having one of those and a playstation controller adapter would be pretty cool. I used to really want a SNES controller adapter back in the day but those were pretty rare back then.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:11 pm

The standard Panasonic controller is pretty excellent too, unless you want to play a one-on-one fighting game.

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:06 am

Just got nova storm and microcosm. Love nova storm played through first four levels last night and enjoyed it.

Arjak
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Arjak » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:04 pm

I have just received a sealed copy of Guardian War! I shall open it and post pictures in the appropriate place as soon as my camera is charged! :D

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:33 am

Nice. Guardian War is really a very good RPG. It's got lots of interesting gameplay twists and the graphics are quite impressive for their time.

Arjak
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Arjak » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:40 am

Got a CIB copy of Sewer Shark for a good price, which arrived on Friday. Only tested it for a couple minutes, but I'll be giving it a good playthrough soon. I liked the Sega CD version, despite its sub-vhs video quality and grating music. This version seems to be a big step up, so I can't wait to give it a proper test drive.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed May 04, 2016 3:55 am

Sewer Shark! I forgot that I've been looking to get that game for the 3DO. It's funny how you mention it being a big step up from the Sega CD version... I read a vintage review of another Sega CD-to-3DO port which concluded with something along the lines of "Now if only we can get a 3DO version of Sewer Shark." Though sadly the 3DO's library of FMV games didn't get nearly as much attention of the Sega CD's, the system really is much better equipped for those games than the Sega CD.

Arjak
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Arjak » Thu May 05, 2016 10:29 pm

This week, I got C.P.U. Bach and Stellar 7: Draxon's Revenge. Stellar 7 is a nostalgic game for me, as I used to watch my dad play it all the time as a kid. :)

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:54 am

A month or so ago it occurred to me, "Um, why don't I have a copy of Iron Angel of the Apocalypse?" I first played the game via emulator because, going by its reputation, I didn't think I'd like it. I was just curiously trying it, not planning to invest much time in it. As it turned out, it became a personal favorite of mine. But naturally, having started it on emulator, I finished it on emulator. And since save states make writing walkthroughs much easier, when I set about writing one for Iron Angel of the Apocalypse, I just used emulator yet again.

But it makes no sense for me to not have a legit copy of one of my personal favorites, so I went and got one. I got it for $22, which isn't a particularly good deal for the game, but I'm pleased because it was a "best offer" on a game that was listed as "buy it now" for $35, and for whatever reason it's been a while since anyone's listed a complete-in-box copy of the game for any less than that. (Certainly no one's buying the game at those high prices.) I look forward to finally playing the game on a real 3DO for the first time.

Arjak
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Arjak » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:13 am

Forgot to mention it before now, but a while back I picked up a copy of Road Rash, the rare CD Sampler version. It took forever for me to find one with the audio CD! :D

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:53 am

It's nothing special, but I picked up a Goldstar system last week. My Japanese FZ-1 is still functional, but since replacing the disc drive it has seemingly lost the ability to play games via.. erm, alternative methods. The Goldstar seems to do it just fine though, so I'm back in business with some 3DO gaming.

CRV
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CRV » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:28 pm

Not 3DO, but 3DO-related. I found Icebreaker and Return Fire for PC for $1 at a Goodwill last week. Now I have Return Fire for three different systems, and I don't know why.

BurritoBeans
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BurritoBeans » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:29 pm

Well, it was $10 at a random garage sale so I can't exactly complain. I do already own these two games, but the box on HELL looks nicer than my old one and the discs are in nice condition so why not?

Tinsair
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Tinsair » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:40 pm

Got Virtuoso today and a couple of 3DO demos.

That leaves me needing just 3 games for a full PAL 3DO set :)
Jaguar 2 | Mega Drive: 8 | Mega-CD: 7 | 32X: 5 | Master System: 3+1 Card| N64: 20
My Want List

Arjak
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Arjak » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:15 am

Got some good stuff on the way:

-Dr. Hauzer (JPN)

-Shockwave: Operation Jumpgate (USA) (Sealed)

-Psychic Detective (USA) (Sealed)

When they arrive, I'll post pictures of the sealed games in the Game Contents thread. :D

Forgot to mention, but I also picked up Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes a while back. My collection continues to grow!

Scarlettkitten
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Scarlettkitten » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:42 am

As I'm back in this 3DO malarkey I've made a few purchases, I'm only collecting games that I like so my collection should be a bit smaller this time :)

Space Hulk (My fav 3DO game)
Slam N Jam (My 2nd fav 3DO game)
Return fire (My 3rd fav 3DO game)
FIFA
PGA GOLF
IMMERCENAERY
Syndicate
D

Not a bad start :)

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert