Recent 3DO Purchases

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Recent 3DO Purchases

Post by Martin III » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:26 pm

I finally got my hands on Sewer Shark for a reasonable price! Haven't got my 3DO with me in my new house yet though so I'll have to test that it works with an emulator. Still psyched.

Julz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Julz » Tue May 28, 2019 9:04 pm

Latest acquisition: Creature Shock.

I had been looking for that one for a while. Now if I could only find a damn Casper in long box

Julz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Julz » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:35 pm

Is this double-posting?

I just got in long boxed copies of Iron Angel of the Apocalypse and Mazer. Mazer is actually sort of fun. It's like..... Isometric Smash TV with a heavy dose of Mortal Kombat in its presentation.

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:15 pm

Agreed with your description of Mazer. At the time it struck me as something like a cross between Smash TV and Shadow: War of Succession. It's a bit janky but very playable.

I have fond memories of that game because just as I finished it, my wife got home from a church sale with ~10 boxes of quality video game stuff she'd picked up for the princely sum of $20. :mrgreen: No 3DO in that lot, but tons of good games for other systems (e.g. Saturn)...

Julz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Julz » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:19 pm

goldenband wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:15 pm
Agreed with your description of Mazer. At the time it struck me as something like a cross between Smash TV and Shadow: War of Succession. It's a bit janky but very playable.

I have fond memories of that game because just as I finished it, my wife got home from a church sale with ~10 boxes of quality video game stuff she'd picked up for the princely sum of $20. :mrgreen: No 3DO in that lot, but tons of good games for other systems (e.g. Saturn)...
You finished that turd? lol I kid. The MK feel comes from the sound FX and the way the game scrolls to your stage that's very riminiscent of your character "climbing" in MKII and MKIII.

I'm really no good at it. I wish the control were a tad more intuitive.

ON TOPIC THO:
I went to a small local con this weekend and I had peddled a couple 3DO games to friends there, which I delivered. In the lot were Wing Commande 3 and Cannon Fodder. But I ended up finding other copies of the same 2 games for sale at a cheaper price than I had sold mine for. So I bought them.

Feels good man, cause I really hate selling my games and now I had them again, with extra money lol. Might as well not have sold any and just find a $20 on the floor.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:39 am

Congrats on getting Iron Angel of the Apocalypse, too. I played that one via emulation, thinking it wouldn't be any good, and it became one of my favorite 3DO games. Since then I've been looking to buy it legit, but I've yet to stumble on a reasonably priced complete copy.