Recent 3DO Purchases

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Re: Recent 3DO Purchases

Post by a31chris » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:48 am

Dunno if mine is 'Japanese' but it came from Japan and looks like all the other 3dos. None of the printing is in Japanese and it doesn't appear to be regional.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:57 pm

3DO Experience wrote:It also has the cut levels.
Cut levels? :?:

I just nabbed a copy of... Craaaaash annnnnd Burrrrrrrrrnnnnn! :D I held off on getting this one for a while because I figured it's a common game, so I'm bound to find it in a seller's listings while buying a much rarer 3DO game. This never happened, so finally I said screw it, I want Crash and Burn now. This is the last 3DO Crystal Dynamics game I've been looking for. I don't have Off-World Interceptor or Slam 'n' Jam either, but I'm planning on getting the Saturn versions of those games.

I'm also especially excited since Crash and Burn is both the first Crystal Dynamics game and the first 3DO game. Playable history!

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:49 pm

Crash n Burn is great. Disappointingly though, it never received a PAL release, so tracking down a copy in/from the UK was tough. In the end, I had to import it from the US (only last year) but it was well worth it. Great game, I have to say. Sadly though, the FMV desyncs on my console as its a PAL console, but the game plays fine overall :)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Martin III wrote:
In the 3DO version you can access Planet X as well as alternate levels for other worlds/channels. Link to GEX Codes
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:14 am

3DO Experience wrote:
Martin III wrote:
In the 3DO version you can access Planet X as well as alternate levels for other worlds/channels. Link to GEX Codes
Exactly. Giant GEX was cool too.

I was at Game Dude earlier this week, and while the 3DO section was VERY sparse these days, they had a sealed copy of The Incredible Machine. I actually needed to replace it, so I bought it for the used price of $12.00! Very cool. Oh, and for all you sealed games collector's, your copy just got more rare because I did indeed open it up and play it, just what you were meant to do, by the way! :twisted:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:09 am

Don't forget to make a post in Documenting 3DO Game Contents

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:54 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Don't forget to make a post in Documenting 3DO Game Contents
Coolness, I just posted. Nice that these are here now so that we know what all came with the games. I had two different versions of Road Rash at one time. One version was just the game and the other came with a sampler Soundtrack. I kept the one with the soundtrack. :wink:

mikemacdee
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mikemacdee » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:51 am

Recently bought the disk and manual for Slayer separately on ebay, as well as the manual for Virtuoso, which I was missing.

Of course the day after purchase, my 3DO went kaput. C'est la effing vie...

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:03 pm

Delighted to get an FZ EM256 with the disc and Dr Hauzer. Having the memory unit has somehow resolved my gex not saving issue. When I turned it on the gex data was showing as being on my console as gex videotapes but when put the game it there were no saves on the three files at start. Deleted it from NVRAM and did first few levels again and saved it then copied the newly saved data to the memory unit turned game back on and nothing :roll:
So deleted it from console and copied it from the memory unit and somehow it was there...so for say the first three saves I had to do this then it mysteriously seems to have stopped. Now when I load up gex the files are there without having to do the back and forth copy and delete caper. I still keep backing it up for now because I know it might still happen again but for now I feel pretty confident it is working. Very weird though because I thought it just wasn't saving but it seems for some reason my console just wasn't accessing the data because it was there. In any event love having the huge amount of memory and Dr Hauzer seems excellent so far. Love resident evil and now hoping to try and get USA copies of alone in the dark one and two and escape from monster manor. Can anyone say if the Japanese alone in the darks are text heavy/playable to a non Japanese speaker?

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:09 am

Great to hear that the save game problem worked out! It sounds like the way I had to play through Shining Force III Scenario 2 - except that one never started working right. (And no, my Saturn's battery was not dead.)

I haven't seen the Japanese version of Alone in the Dark, but assuming that all text in it is translated... The game is not text-heavy, and is totally playable regardless of language. However, towards the end of the game especially, there are some puzzles which are significantly harder to solve without the hints provided by the mansion's texts. Anyway, the USA version is one of the 3DO's most common games, so there's no real reason to not just get that one.

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:03 am

I fancy the USA ones but rarely see anything but uk or jap on eBay...don't own any USA games yet but would prob get them if I see them and they are reasonable money. Do they have a jewel case within the long box can you say? Storage of the bigger boxes is partly why I haven't got any so far I have very little room left but I would find room in cupboard for the box and keep the jewels out for use if they do come like that have seen that some USA games have no jewel and usually they have tattier boxes due to constant use as a result. I'm just chuffed my memory seems to be working and I have a mouse and a memory unit and most of the games I wanted. I want poed killing time escape from monster manor and the two alone in the dark games and I will be happy. I have a very good condition pal alone in the dark one and I might end up getting a pal console for another room and could play it on that. Are you able to say if USA Wolfensteins are reasonable or common and do you know if that had a Japanese release? I also want space ace...and many more :P I have just got an xbox one so will prob try and add some of these in the new year when I can

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:25 am

There is a jewel case in the Alon in the Dark longbox. If you don't mind breaking it up I need a replacement longbox if you get one.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:55 am

Retrofanatic83 wrote:I fancy the USA ones but rarely see anything but uk or jap on eBay...don't own any USA games yet but would prob get them if I see them and they are reasonable money. Do they have a jewel case within the long box can you say? Storage of the bigger boxes is partly why I haven't got any so far I have very little room left but I would find room in cupboard for the box and keep the jewels out for use if they do come like that have seen that some USA games have no jewel and usually they have tattier boxes due to constant use as a result. I'm just chuffed my memory seems to be working and I have a mouse and a memory unit and most of the games I wanted. I want poed killing time escape from monster manor and the two alone in the dark games and I will be happy. I have a very good condition pal alone in the dark one and I might end up getting a pal console for another room and could play it on that. Are you able to say if USA Wolfensteins are reasonable or common and do you know if that had a Japanese release? I also want space ace...and many more :P I have just got an xbox one so will prob try and add some of these in the new year when I can
Wolfenstein 3D did get a Japanese release, which I suspect is almost identical to the North American one since the 3DO version doesn't include the story text. The North American version is on the rare side, but not one of the rarest. For a more detailed analysis, read these posts pulled from one of the early pages of this thread:
Martin III wrote:I just nabbed a copy of Wolfenstein 3D off Ebay for $25. No longbox, but it has the original case and slipcover in good condition. I'm kind of wondering what happened there. Isn't Wolfenstein 3D one of the more collectible 3DO games?
bitrate wrote:That's a fair price for Wolfenstein without its longbox, if it has the manual and the disk is in good condition.
Also, the fact that it ended at $25 may have to do with the auction ending late at night on a Friday.
Austin wrote:Wolfenstein is a weird one from what I can tell. The only ones that seem to appear have stupid Buy-It-Now prices, and naturally nobody buys them. It's good you were able to get one at a decent price on a normal auction (they rarely seem to pop up for normal auction, like many 3DO items these days). I don't know if $25 is a good price from a collectible standpoint, but it's well worth it from a gameplay perspective, even without the box. Easily one of the best games on the system.. At least to me, anyway! :D

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:09 am

Cheers again Martin
I read that it's one of the region specific games so wary if trying to get one if I buy the American one it won't play on the Japanese console. Do like the Japanese stuff just have to wait for one I guess or maybe someone on here can confirm if it plays. I need to get a pc set up that can burn discs I would still try and get the real game but would be good for testing for compatibility issues with the odd region locked game. Like it on the jaguar lots so will get the 3DO game one day. Do see pal ones but I am confident it won't work so will just need to keep eyes out for the Japanese one. Love the look of 3DO Kids japanese monster manor so also after that.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Well, was down at the Game Dude again yesterday trading in no longer played games, and no, no 3DO stuffs turned in, but they did have something I needed. Immercenery in it's long box with BOTH Manuals! I very rarely see these anymore with the "New Recruit" manual still intact, so I snagged it for a whopping $9.00. It's like people who owned that game lost that book every damn time and you need said information in the book to play the game, or so I feel. So finding the game without that book sucks! I just never understood the theory. If you have a nice case, why not put the game and manuals back in it when finished? So many orphaned/loose 3DO games out there anymore.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:06 pm

Darques_Pandemonium wrote:Well, was down at the Game Dude again yesterday trading in no longer played games, and no, no 3DO stuffs turned in, but they did have something I needed. Immercenery in it's long box with BOTH Manuals! I very rarely see these anymore with the "New Recruit" manual still intact, so I snagged it for a whopping $9.00. It's like people who owned that game lost that book every damn time and you need said information in the book to play the game, or so I feel. So finding the game without that book sucks! I just never understood the theory. If you have a nice case, why not put the game and manuals back in it when finished? So many orphaned/loose 3DO games out there anymore.
Wow. Now I feel guilty that my copy of Immercenary (which I got on the cheap off Ebay, at that) just happened to come with the New Recruit Manual. Oh well, it's not like I haven't enjoyed reading through it. Amusingly, a previous owner made notes in pencil in the New Recruit Manual, including a little comment next to Medua: "She is The bomb". :lol:

Incidentally, my copy also came with a "Welcome to the Real World" pamphlet - did you get that?

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:24 pm

Martin III wrote:
Darques_Pandemonium wrote:Well, was down at the Game Dude again yesterday trading in no longer played games, and no, no 3DO stuffs turned in, but they did have something I needed. Immercenery in it's long box with BOTH Manuals! I very rarely see these anymore with the "New Recruit" manual still intact, so I snagged it for a whopping $9.00. It's like people who owned that game lost that book every damn time and you need said information in the book to play the game, or so I feel. So finding the game without that book sucks! I just never understood the theory. If you have a nice case, why not put the game and manuals back in it when finished? So many orphaned/loose 3DO games out there anymore.
Wow. Now I feel guilty that my copy of Immercenary (which I got on the cheap off Ebay, at that) just happened to come with the New Recruit Manual. Oh well, it's not like I haven't enjoyed reading through it. Amusingly, a previous owner made notes in pencil in the New Recruit Manual, including a little comment next to Medua: "She is The bomb". :lol:

Incidentally, my copy also came with a "Welcome to the Real World" pamphlet - did you get that?
Nah, didn't have that pamphlet with it. However, I have so many of those at this point anyway, I could just slide one in anyway. :lol: It is a very underrated game though, so I am more than happy to own it. I'll beat this sucker one of these days again too. Just need to finish a couple other games at the moment though. :mrgreen: Still was really happy to find it again finally.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:57 am

That's cool. My copy was missing the new recruit manual. Thankfully in great shape otherwise. It's a very underrated game for sure
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:52 pm

Immercenary is one of the few 3DO titles that I don't own that I still want. I only collect PAL titles where possible and, for a short while now, this has become a little harder to track down... compared to a year or two ago where it was every other listed 3DO title :lol:

I'll pick it up next year some time...

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DO Si » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi all, been a while since I've posted, but just managed to pick this little gem up, a real tough one to track down indeed!

Also, has anyone seen this on eBay, never seen such a mod before, I wonder what OS they're using for the boot loader?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-FZ-10 ... 35d06e7c02

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:53 am

It's one of Mnemonic's notice the seller is stone_age_gamer. It's one of the samples sent to them and they fully modded the system to test it.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:08 am

I just bought shockwave for $5
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:53 pm

a31chris wrote:I just bought shockwave for $5
Now that's a real 3DO classic. Both games and the expansion disc are excellent. Very cool stuff that showcases very well what the 3DO could do as a console from a technical side of things.

ERIC
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ERIC » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:01 pm

hi guys !
I wanted to share with you the beauty of my last purchase!

(seller pic)

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:22 pm

Impressive collection

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:28 pm

Nice.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Mon May 05, 2014 12:14 am

Got Quarantine for $!5. No instructions.
Quarantine.jpg
Quarantine.jpg (174.63 KiB) Viewed 35080 times

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Mon May 05, 2014 1:50 am

I have very little idea what I'm doing in this game.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon May 05, 2014 6:03 am

a31chris wrote:I have very little idea what I'm doing in this game.
That's why I said you need the book. I will see if I can make a copy of the purtenant pages for you and send them with said LYNX II system. :wink:

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Mon May 05, 2014 8:10 am

T2KFreeker wrote:
a31chris wrote:I have very little idea what I'm doing in this game.
That's why I said you need the book. I will see if I can make a copy of the purtenant pages for you and send them with said LYNX II system. :wink:
Awesome! I might be able to find them PDFd online or something.

Here we go.

https://archive.org/details/Quarantine_1994_Gametek_US