Sports Games

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

FrumpleOrz
3DO ZERO USER

Sports Games

Post by FrumpleOrz » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:13 am

So I've never been a big fan of sports games. I've got nothing against them, I just can't play them very long without getting bored. From what I've seen, played, and heard from other people though, the sports games on 3DO are generally pretty good.

I've played FIFA and Madden and I used to really enjoy Olympic Soccer as a kid. Now, I was wondering if there were any decent releases in any region of sports games that aren't popular in the USA. Something like cricket or rugby.

I work with a guy who's originally from India and he's here in States studying for school and I've jokingly challenged him to more than a few games of cricket and like most Americans, I know NOTHING about how the game really works. Sports don't usually make sense unless you see them being played and I figured with the 3DO being region free, if there were any cricket games, it might be a way to learn the rules.

Does anything exist and are there any other decent releases of sports that wouldn't be familiar to most North Americans?

prabmire
3DO ZERO USER

Post by prabmire » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:16 am

Not sure theres any cricket games on the 3do dude, but the ps3 is region free for games, so if you have one of those, there are a few cricket games on there ;)

Prab

FrumpleOrz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FrumpleOrz » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Drat. I don't have a PS3 and I certainly don't want to spend five hundred bucks just to play a cricket game. I'll put that in my "Someday. Someday..." folder though. Thanks for the heads up.

prabmire
3DO ZERO USER

Post by prabmire » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:37 pm

FrumpleOrz wrote:Drat. I don't have a PS3 and I certainly don't want to spend five hundred bucks just to play a cricket game. I'll put that in my "Someday. Someday..." folder though. Thanks for the heads up.
I recommend picking up a reconditioned launch model if you ever want modern gaming, the launch model plays ps1, ps2, and blu rays etc, they work as great media players (i have a 360 aswell but the ps3 works great just for media playback).

Prab

FrumpleOrz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FrumpleOrz » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:34 am

prabmire wrote:
FrumpleOrz wrote:Drat. I don't have a PS3 and I certainly don't want to spend five hundred bucks just to play a cricket game. I'll put that in my "Someday. Someday..." folder though. Thanks for the heads up.
I recommend picking up a reconditioned launch model if you ever want modern gaming, the launch model plays ps1, ps2, and blu rays etc, they work as great media players (i have a 360 aswell but the ps3 works great just for media playback).

Prab
I've got a 360 already and I use that for most of my media. I've got the HD-DVD add on too, so I don't have to worry about burning out the drive from watching too many movies or something. It doesn't hurt than I can pick up a bunch of HD-DVDs for a buck a piece around town too, heh.

I've got nothing against the PS3 but I just have no urge to buy one. There aren't too many exclusives on it that I'm interested in playing and my fascination with cricket will probably wane super quickly and then both the console and the game will just sit there. Crying. Wishing someone would play them.

prabmire
3DO ZERO USER

Post by prabmire » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:47 am

I love my 360 aswell, the latest firmware update has really affected the video quality, even on the HD dvd drive.

The problem with the 360 is, where as some games are region free, some are region locked, maybe there are some european cricket games that will play on a US 360

Prab