All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Dreamstate
3DO ZERO USER

Huge Ebay 3DO Lot

Post by Dreamstate » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:53 pm

Wow, I saw this today.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-3DO-Lot-Of ... 821wt_1266
Any chance it is one of you guys here? I doubt it could sell at that price, but I'd love to get some pieces out of it. Just curious. Don't see that much 3DO stuff in an auction.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:50 pm

instant 3do collection.
just add $$$

i guess when you total it up, it's not really that bad. But gathering the stuff is part of the fun.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:40 pm

Beverly Hills Call Girls ??? never heard of that one!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:31 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Beverly Hills Call Girls ??? never heard of that one!

It's not a 3DO title. It's another one of those PhotoCD multi-platform disks like "Dark Chaser" and "Steelwood Private Eye" etc.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:02 pm

sneth wrote:instant 3do collection.
just add $$$

i guess when you total it up, it's not really that bad. But gathering the stuff is part of the fun.
I don't know. There are a lot of 3DO games I'm after, but even $1,000 is more than I intend to have spent on 3DO products over my entire lifetime. It's hard to imagine anyone wiling to sink $2,700 into a single retro system.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:23 pm

it's pretty easy to sink more than $1000 into a collection in just a year or two. Heck, most people spend that much on current gen systems.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:13 pm

sneth wrote:it's pretty easy to sink more than $1000 into a collection in just a year or two. Heck, most people spend that much on current gen systems.
What are you basing that on?

Dreygor
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dreygor » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:00 am

Martin III wrote:
sneth wrote:it's pretty easy to sink more than $1000 into a collection in just a year or two. Heck, most people spend that much on current gen systems.
LOL i know I do .. maybe more. Just I don't dump money like that in one shot .. i do it at a more steady slow pace.
Become part of The 3DO Initiative! <-- Click on link!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:36 am

Dreygor wrote:
Martin III wrote:
LOL i know I do .. maybe more. Just I don't dump money like that in one shot .. i do it at a more steady slow pace.
Me too.

When the PS3 came out, i blundered £400 into the console, £80 into games, then a LCD TV and yes an LCD TV Stand.I must have spent another £600 on games since 2007?

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:04 pm

3DOKid wrote:
Dreygor wrote:
Martin III wrote: What are you basing that on?
Me too.

When the PS3 came out, i blundered £400 into the console, £80 into games, then a LCD TV and yes an LCD TV Stand.I must have spent another £600 on games since 2007?
Probably the same here also ... figure it this way, even if you buy just one new game a month at $50, in 2 years you've spent over $1,000. It sounds like a lot of money, but when you break it down at gradually perhaps not so much.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:26 pm

Trev wrote:
3DOKid wrote:
Dreygor wrote: LOL i know I do .. maybe more. Just I don't dump money like that in one shot .. i do it at a more steady slow pace.
Me too.

Probably the same here also ... figure it this way, even if you buy just one new game a month at $50, in 2 years you've spent over $1,000. It sounds like a lot of money, but when you break it down at gradually perhaps not so much.
I think its still a lot of money. Only that you dont pay it in one lump some at one time. $1000 is a hell of a lot of money to me in any regard.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:39 pm

No one likes to look at the total money they've spent. It quickly makes you realize that collecting is stupid and pointless.

But i need more longboxes!

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:12 pm

since i started collecting 3do i saved all the receipts and the total came to

-3DO - $4591
186 games - 3 systems w/ TONS of accessories -- all items accounted for

this total was before i sold about $2000 worth of extras and high priced items like Dinopark and the 3do wheel
when you spend money over time you can forget how much you spent untill you add it all up :)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:25 pm

I dont think collecting is stupid or pointless. It depends on what you do with that collection. if its all packed up in boxes where you cant use the stuff, then yeah i can see the stupidness and the pointlessness, but i personally use my collection of items one way or another. I only collect games i want to play, and i normally do, or at least intend to.

I also have a fairly big antique lighter collection. I sporadically smoked a few years back, and people looked at me oddly when i pulled out a 100 years old automatic lighter and compared it to their Bic's.. To me, a collection you are afraid to use is stupid and pointless, but not items you actually intend to use from time to time. I used to carry with me my most valuable lighters and show them to people. Usually became a little conversation piece. But since i stopped smoking, ive only gotten a few more for the collection and havent bought a lighter in over a year now. But almost all of them are in working condition, some are abit worn and doesnt work all the time but still.

So stuff i collect must work, and be intended for use from time to time. This is why i want to eventually replace the Sanyo Try which i cant get to work again.. Right now its just a good looking brick, back in its box, stupid and pointless :(

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:27 pm

Trev wrote:Probably the same here also ... figure it this way, even if you buy just one new game a month at $50, in 2 years you've spent over $1,000. It sounds like a lot of money, but when you break it down at gradually perhaps not so much.
Yeah, I know what it breaks down to, but the sense I get is that most gamers don't buy a $50 game every month, or even every two months. Heck, now that I think about it, even I've only bought one $50 game this year so far.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:48 pm

Hey grimm, there was a thread like this before but I can't seem to find it. Basically we worked out that there are collectors who play and then collector's that collect. Those that just collect are kind of like people who collect cards or coins. Darn, I really wish I could find that thread, it was a good read, you'd probably like it.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:07 am

Martin III wrote:
Trev wrote:Probably the same here also ... figure it this way, even if you buy just one new game a month at $50, in 2 years you've spent over $1,000. It sounds like a lot of money, but when you break it down at gradually perhaps not so much.
Yeah, I know what it breaks down to, but the sense I get is that most gamers don't buy a $50 game every month, or even every two months. Heck, now that I think about it, even I've only bought one $50 game this year so far.
Maybe ... it would make a good poll question.

I don't buy a new game every month, but if you add up my preowned purchases it could total that. Some months are less of course, but than there are months that are above. It probably averages out.

At one time I kept track, but not recently. I know last year alone I bought over 100 games ... in fairness though, with the exception of Skyward Sword, I think they were all older preowned games and/or trades, sales, etc.... Same with this year ... I've bought many games, but Xenoblade Chronicles is the only $50+ purchase so far.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Trev wrote:At one time I kept track, but not recently. I know last year alone I bought over 100 games ... in fairness though, with the exception of Skyward Sword, I think they were all older preowned games and/or trades, sales, etc.... Same with this year ... I've bought many games, but Xenoblade Chronicles is the only $50+ purchase so far.
Funny, that's my only $50 game this year too! :)

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:16 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Hey grimm, there was a thread like this before but I can't seem to find it. Basically we worked out that there are collectors who play and then collector's that collect. Those that just collect are kind of like people who collect cards or coins. Darn, I really wish I could find that thread, it was a good read, you'd probably like it.
Well, what i tried to say is what is pointless and useless to one person, isnt to another. And especially on the internet, people are quick to make their own views universal, and try to, deliberatly or not, force others to agree to them.. I bet people think my lighter collection is useless now that i dont smoke at all anymore. But i still like them. My airsoft rifle collection sees plinking on rare occasions as i dont play activly, my figure collection is small but on display. My mountainbikes used to see use, but ive lost the energy. The collection i have that sees most use are definetly my video games.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:36 pm

Martin III wrote:
Trev wrote:At one time I kept track, but not recently. I know last year alone I bought over 100 games ... in fairness though, with the exception of Skyward Sword, I think they were all older preowned games and/or trades, sales, etc.... Same with this year ... I've bought many games, but Xenoblade Chronicles is the only $50+ purchase so far.
Funny, that's my only $50 game this year too! :)
Ha ha, that's funny. So what do you think of it? I'm not too far into it yet myself.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:04 pm

The combat isn't as sophisticated as the critics claim; bosses essentially come down to one of two basic strategies regardless of who you have in your party. That said, the battle system is very fast-paced and I never stopped enjoying it. The game encourages you to use different party lineups, and the playable characters are well-balanced, with no one being noticeably underpowered or overpowered. The localization is phenomenal, and the English acting suits the story very well - though maybe I just think that because of all the excellent post-apocalyptic science fiction I've read by English authors. :)

The story is the best part, though. The plot kept me in suspense throughout, which is certainly more than can be said for your average predictable JRPG, and you really become invested in the characters. It took me over 100 hours to complete the main quest and about 2/3 of the sidequests, but unlike most games that are even half that long, it never felt like it was being stretched out for longevity's sake.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:07 pm

Martin III wrote:The combat isn't as sophisticated as the critics claim; bosses essentially come down to one of two basic strategies regardless of who you have in your party. That said, the battle system is very fast-paced and I never stopped enjoying it. The game encourages you to use different party lineups, and the playable characters are well-balanced, with no one being noticeably underpowered or overpowered. The localization is phenomenal, and the English acting suits the story very well - though maybe I just think that because of all the excellent post-apocalyptic science fiction I've read by English authors. :)

The story is the best part, though. The plot kept me in suspense throughout, which is certainly more than can be said for your average predictable JRPG, and you really become invested in the characters. It took me over 100 hours to complete the main quest and about 2/3 of the sidequests, but unlike most games that are even half that long, it never felt like it was being stretched out for longevity's sake.
Sweet! I hate games that are long just for the sake of being long. Looking forward to getting further in this one.