Dragonlore intro audio

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

ILUV3DO
3DO ZERO USER

Dragonlore intro audio

Post by ILUV3DO » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:59 am

Alright, so after waiting YEARS I finally picked up Dragonlore from everyones favorite online trading site. I was so excited to finally get it! It was a used, open copy but the listing described the discs as being in fantastic shape and it came with the manual. Normally I would have purchased a sealed copy or one in the box, but there were none available at the time so I took a chance. When it finally arrived, sure enough the discs were in really good shape. I mean they were super clean. The game played fine during testing with one exception.... At a certain point during the intro, the audio of the music playing went nuts. Right about the point where the spiky bad guy summons his two minions, the audio became garbled like it was being played too fast. Then it dropped so low I could barely hear it. Of course at this point I turned the volume up on the t.v. Big mistake. A few seconds later it came blaring out of the speakers louder than ever. Then, it dropped down again to a whisper and continued that way until the end of the intro. What the heck, right? So my first thought was that the discs were scratched and it was causing the audio to mess up. Looking at the discs it was hard to believe, but nevertheless I took the disc down to be resurfaced. The disc came out looking shiny and new. I rushed back home and tried it again. It happened again. Now I was getting worried. I began to fear that the audio processor in my 3do was failing or perhaps the laser. Amazingly, a sealed copy of the game popped up on eBay and hoping the problem still rested with the game disc, I purchased the sealed copy as a replacement. When it came I opened and tested it... Same problem. Okay so now I really was worried. I pulled out the new in box backup 3do, hooked it up and... It still happened. Always at about the same point of the intro although the garbled starting point and timing of the volume peaks and valleys are not consistent from version to version or system to system. So of course my question is, is this a known issue with this game? I watched the intro of the 3do version on YouTube and the audio seemed fine all the way through. Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas as to the cause? Thanks all.
Last edited by ILUV3DO on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Logic is the ultimate weapon!"

-Prowl (Autobot, Military Strategist)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:03 am

Never noticed it w/my copy ... It's been a while though, so I'll boot it up tomorrow just to make sure.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Dreygor
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dreygor » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:21 am

I played my copy on my FZ-10 and everything seemed fine. I will hook up my FZ-1 and Goldstar and try them later.
Become part of The 3DO Initiative! <-- Click on link!

ILUV3DO
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ILUV3DO » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:09 am

Never noticed it w/my copy ... It's been a while though, so I'll boot it up tomorrow just to make sure.
Thank you Trev

ILUV3DO
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ILUV3DO » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:13 am

I played my copy on my FZ-10 and everything seemed fine. I will hook up my FZ-1 and Goldstar and try them later.
That was nice of you. Thank you for testing it for me. Both of my units are FZ-10 models and both of them had trouble playing the audio during the intro so... if yours works fine then I am truly confounded! lol

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:15 pm

It could be an indicator your laser is dying.

MakillaGorilla
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MakillaGorilla » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Did you just buy the NIB copy that was on Evilbay within the last few weeks? From a guy selling that, Out of This World, and Captai Quazar? Cause if so, WHY U BID HIGHER THAN ME!?!?
'Did that guy just say he thinks rings are cool!?!?'

Most Desired Games:
-Out of This World (longbox) -Alone in the Dark (longbox) -Lucienne's Quest (longbox) -Killing Time (longbox) -Robinson's Requiem (longbox) -Strahl (longbox) -Dragon Lore (longbox) -Star Control II (longbox) -Sailor Moon (JPN) -Doctor Hauzer (JPN) -Montana Jones (JPN)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:34 pm

ILUV3DO wrote:
Thank you Trev
Confirmed that the intro played fine on my copy. No crazy audio or anything of the sort.

I gotta say that as far as intros go, I think Dragon Lore has one of the best.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5