FMV puzzle games

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

FMV puzzle games

Post by Martin III » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:09 am

Ever since I discovered Body Special 264 for the Saturn, I've been in love with this little genre. I'm talking about games where you have FMVs broken up into pieces like a jigsaw puzzle, and you have to assemble the pieces. It really takes the fun and challenge of jigsaw puzzles to a new level.

There are at least four games in this genre for my favorite system, the Saturn (Girls in Motion, Body Special 264, and Angel Paradise 1 and 2), and even one for the Jaguar CD (Vid Grid). So surely there must be at least one for the capital of FMV gaming, the 3DO, right?

Well, I can't seem to find any in my researches. Can anyone point me to one?

nixzero
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nixzero » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:13 am

I don't know of any for the 3DO offhand, but I have fond memories of playing VidGrid on my first PC. The only thing I've played that comes close was the Jiggy mini-game in Banjo Kazooie and Tooie for the N64, so it's good to know so many similar titles were made for the Saturn (I REALLY gotta get a Saturn one of these days...)

One thing you might want to look into is the built-in Photo Viewer on the Nintendo Wii. There is a puzzle game feature that can be used with any photo or video. Essentially, it's like a make-your-own custom VidGrid game, just pop the video or picture you want to use on an SD card and plug it into the system. It's pretty fun, and it's a freebie if you have access to a Wii.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:35 pm

nixzero wrote:One thing you might want to look into is the built-in Photo Viewer on the Nintendo Wii. There is a puzzle game feature that can be used with any photo or video. Essentially, it's like a make-your-own custom VidGrid game, just pop the video or picture you want to use on an SD card and plug it into the system. It's pretty fun, and it's a freebie if you have access to a Wii.
Interesting, I didn't know about this! One more incentive for me to finally get an SD card for my cell phone.

TEKTORO
3DO ZERO USER

Post by TEKTORO » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:18 pm

This may sound like a bad suggestion, but would Mind Teazzer fit the description :wink:
Here to stay.. ;)

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:22 pm

TEKTORO wrote:This may sound like a bad suggestion, but would Mind Teazzer fit the description :wink:
Well, from what I've heard, it sounds like Mind Teazzer is just a Plain Jigsaw Puzzle game with non-interactive FMVs as rewards, as opposed to an FMV Puzzle game. I may have misunderstood, though.

TEKTORO
3DO ZERO USER

Post by TEKTORO » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:46 am

Yea your right, Mind Teazzer was way off then, just a jigsaw that rewards you with FMV Spice TV. :lol:

Intresting though a FMV puzzle game, I dont think Ive ever played any.
Here to stay.. ;)