Documenting 3DO Game Contents

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Documenting 3DO Game Contents

Post by goldenband » Wed May 28, 2014 7:27 pm

And now here are Incredible Machine and Stellar 7. Note that the shrink on Stellar 7 was torn in the back; obviously I can't rule out a reseal job, but given that it came to me with a bunch of other sealed games that look legit, I doubt it.
P1070718.jpeg
P1070718.jpeg (99.9 KiB) Viewed 37505 times
P1070719.jpeg
P1070719.jpeg (99.88 KiB) Viewed 37505 times
I'll certainly open up the other four games at some point (counting Pebble Beach/Twisted as two), but two's enough for today. :D

EDIT: Oh, it occurs to me that I also have three sealed Japanese sports games that I can open up as well. Too lazy to look up the exact titles right now but it's the baseball one, the soccer one, and the golf one. 8)

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:56 pm

So, after receiving my new Starblade, I noticed that someone actually posted pics of a sealed one. I opened my copy though! :twisted: It comes with a Panasonic Warranty card and also another card that is folded in half and roughly the size of a full piece of paper that has the Panasonic Limited Warranty information on it. Then the Starblade game in a jewel case with back artwork and the instruction booklet. I'll take pics later, but no pamphlets, booklets or other fun stuff like that with this game, sadly.

This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:52 pm

Thanks for opening!

I just remembered I have a Sealed Japanese copy of Dragon's Lair, but it's just a jewel case with OBI. I think we are just trying to do a list of the US stuff right? Maybe if it were a special edition like D's Diner...
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:26 am

And here's your checklist of all seven items that should come in a complete copy of Iron Angel of the Apocalypse: The Return.

Sorry for the oversized images, but I can't figure out how to set image dimensions with BBCode, and the whole process of copy-and-pasting these into an editing application, resizing them, and saving them in the new format, one-by-one, is just too time-consuming. I guess I could have stuffed more items into each photo as I took them, but I keep forgetting that BBCode has this problem.

1) Cellophane seal with Next Generation promo sticker

2) The game long box

3) The game manual, black-and-white but thick with all the info you could want

4) Synergy survey postcard

5) Limited warranty from Synergy

6) The Next Generation promotional offer promised on the cover sticker

7) Jewel case with the game itself, sealed in cellophane. The jewel case cover is a single sheet with artwork on both sides.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:01 am

Very nice!

Does the game have rear insert artwork as well?

If so, might try and pick up a case-only US copy for my collection at some point...

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:48 pm

NeoGeoNinja wrote:Very nice!

Does the game have rear insert artwork as well?

If so, might try and pick up a case-only US copy for my collection at some point...
Whoops, thanks for reminding me. Yes, it does have rear insert artwork, which is the same as the artwork on the back side of the front insert but inverted, oddly enough.

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:37 pm

I can add to this, ive got a few NOS items and a couple games i bought new back in 96...

First up is a boxed FZ10, the close up shot of a little bag with two balls for the spindle...

The man that beat the self proclaimed "best in the world" at The Need For Speed...

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:43 pm

Return Fire: Maps 'O Death, not much to see here.

Got this a couple weeks ago still sealed:

The man that beat the self proclaimed "best in the world" at The Need For Speed...

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:44 pm

American Laser Games Two Player version of their Game Gun:

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:51 pm

Drug Wars and Who Shot Johnny Rock?, i bought both these beand new in 1996, still have the receipt for Drug Wars.

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:00 pm

I also bought Mad Dog 2 and Last Bounty Hunter brand new back in 96, i no longer have those, but i can confirm that they had exactly the same paper items included as the above two ALG games, although the brochure on other games available was slightly different in each one, the game it game with was not included in the brochure, for obvious reasons that you have the whole game and dont need a brochure on it ;)

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:50 am

Might have a couple more to add in a few days, ive bought a heap more games.

Dr.Enceladus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dr.Enceladus » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:16 pm

Here's my sealed collection guys. Snapped up almost ALL the 3DO games the store owner had at the time (1995ish) including many opened doubles. Since the guy was selling up and i knew him i got them for bugger all, plus at the time everyone else was doing PS1 or Saturn and no one wanted to know about 3DO. 8)
EDIT:
jeez...i just rotated these darn stupid pics and saved them and they STILL turned out upside down and sideways. :|
Last edited by Dr.Enceladus on Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...eat well, stay fit, look good, feel great - die anyway...

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:23 pm

They look good (and properly aligned) from here!

Dr.Enceladus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dr.Enceladus » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:40 am

A delayed adjustment from a photobucket edit me thinks *shrugs*. After taking the photos i rotated and resized them in thumbs plus 8, when i uploaded them to photobucket one was upside down, the other was sideways?? ...so i rotated them via the edited function in photobucket so they looked nice. When i posted them here it was like i had done nothing to them in the first place. Now they are back to normal?...strange :|
...eat well, stay fit, look good, feel great - die anyway...

MathUser
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MathUser » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:21 pm

Congrats on the FZ-10 purchase. I bought one of those back in the days and it was great. Stylish and has a pretty decent controller. Great games too.

Arjak
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Arjak » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:22 pm

Look what I got in the mail yesterday!

It's a sealed copy of Guardian War!

Look at that gorgeous H-Seam just waiting to be ripped!

Speaking of which...

Inside is one of those survey cards they want you to fill out even though you never do. Here's the front...

...And the back.

Hmm...I wonder if the warranty is still good?

The front of the jewelcase...

...the back...

...and the inside.

I apologize that a lot of these pictures look like garbage. If you want, I can retake pictures of the contents.

Edit 12/3/2017: Pictures re-uploaded.
Last edited by Arjak on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed May 04, 2016 3:07 am

Don't think there's any need for you to retake pictures, Arjak. After all, the purpose of this thread is to simply make an inventory of what's in each game. Which you've done nicely.

Arjak
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Arjak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:22 am

It's that time again! Today, I received a sealed copy of Psychic Detective, so let's open it up, and see what's inside!

EARLY WARNING: If you are using a modem, you will die of old age before this post fully loads. Also, live in the now!

Front of the longbox, still shrink wrapped!

The back. I seriously doubt that re-sealers would take the time to put in a hangtab. Also, there is mention in the text of this being a "first case." Was this intended to be the start of a series?

The side. Probably pushing it a bit in terms of completeness...

The top. Push it to the limit!

Die, shrink wrap! You don't belong in this collection!

Opening the box reveals...

A registration card! Here's the front...

The back. Address all your hate mail regarding the Star Wars: Battlefront 2 loot box fiasco to...

Hey look! You can order the game's soundtrack on CD! Does anyone here have this? Probably quite the collector's item, now...

The back of the soundtrack ad. Hey, just being thorough!

Game Case 1 of 2. The front.

The back. No insert, EA? Talk about penny pinching!

The inside. What the hell!? There's not even any cool artwork or anything on the back of the manual! Cheap bastards!

The second CD case. It wouldn't be a mid-90s Interactive Movie without a bajillion discs!

The back. Again, no insert.

Inside. Why does the info booklet get stuff on the back and not the manual? Strange...

And that was Psychic Detective! I hope you found it informative, and maybe even entertaining. Coming soon...Shock Wave: Operation Jumpgate!

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:09 am

Arjak wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:22 am
The back. I seriously doubt that re-sealers would take the time to put in a hangtab. Also, there is mention in the text of this being a "first case." Was this intended to be the start of a series?
Hah, I noticed that too as I was looking over your photo. My copy of the game came with the discs, cases, and manuals, but not the box so that bit was new to me. Too bad they didn't do a sequel... I thought the first one was great, there's plenty of room for refinement, and the concept certainly isn't a strictly one-shot deal.

NikeX
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NikeX » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:52 pm

Wow, I wonder if the PAL of Psychic Detective also has the OST. I have to buy that.

Julz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Julz » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:37 pm

Now I have to check my copy of Psychic Detective to see if it's fully complete.