Flying Nightmares Questions/3DO FZ-10 Fix

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

CJZEPP
3DO ZERO USER

Flying Nightmares Questions/3DO FZ-10 Fix

Post by CJZEPP » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:47 am

I recently acquired a full boxed copy of Flying Nightmares. I popped in the game and found that my 3DO wasn't loading games (I recently moved and haven't used it until yesterday.) I found that if I slide the laser scanner out to the end of its track, it reads games just fine. It worked for the whole day, but today I had to do it once again to get it to work. Is there any way to permenantly fix this? When it doesn't read games, it just sits at the beginning of its track making a small squeaking noise. Anyway, I was paying flying nightmares, (Airplanes are one of my fav things) and I was hoping for a fun flight sim. I think it's decent, but the frame rate is terrible at some points. Is it possible that its because of my laser scanner, or is it just that the game wasn't the best port to a 3DO?
~Chris
That feeling where you look at your posts from 2-3 years ago when you first joined and realize how stupid you were.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Re: Flying Nightmares Questions/3DO FZ-10 Fix

Post by Trev » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:19 am

Is it just this game that's having trouble? My own copy works fine (I have an FZ1)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

CJZEPP
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Flying Nightmares Questions/3DO FZ-10 Fix

Post by CJZEPP » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:01 pm

I'm not sure, I've never seen any other videos of game play so I have nothing to compare it to. I'll try to upload a video of some gameplay soon.
That feeling where you look at your posts from 2-3 years ago when you first joined and realize how stupid you were.