3DO controller two middle button layout confusion(pause/x)

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

3DO controller two middle button layout confusion(pause/x)

Post by a31chris » Tue May 06, 2014 3:15 am

I find the middle button layout, the pause and x button layout for the standard 3do controller to be rather goofy. And confusing.

Doesn't help my MakTTEk third party controllers adds six buttons across the top of that mess for god knows what reason.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Re: 3DO controller two middle button layout confusion(pause/

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed May 07, 2014 8:23 pm

a31chris wrote:I find the middle button layout, the pause and x button layout for the standard 3do controller to be rather goofy. And confusing.

Doesn't help my MakTTEk third party controllers adds six buttons across the top of that mess for god knows what reason.
If you really want a really nice thrid party six button pad, you need a soldier pad, especially if you want to play Super Street Fighter II on the 3DO. If you were ever a fan of the game, I HIGHLY recommend it though. One of the best versions of the game EVER.

The "Fighting Sword" controller is nice too if you like them set up like a Super NES controller, but the downside to that controller is that there is no way to daisy chain other pads with it, so if you are just planning on playing a one player game, it's all good though.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!