3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Aces over Europe

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:37 am

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Aces over Europe

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:29 pm

The PC Version looks nice. Doesn't seem to be anything the 3DO can't do, so I have no clue why it didn't release unless Dynamix was upset with how the other titles sold, although I was under the impression that "The Incredible Machine" did VERY well. Would have been nice anyway just to have another game on the console.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:46 am

I remember reading that too at the time. I was looking forward to it almost as much as the Star Trek title.
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:48 pm

mattyg wrote:I remember reading that too at the time. I was looking forward to it almost as much as the Star Trek title.
Star Trek? Seriously though, there were so many games announced for the 3DO that never released. Star Trek was one of the first real blows to the 3DO fans I think. I actually knew a couple of people back in the day that actually bought the 3DO for that game specifically. Once it was revealed it would never release, they were so pissed. One of them actually destroyed his system. No joke either. His philosophy for when he no longer wanted something was to break it because it was more fun. The 3DO was not the only console I ever saw him destroy, sadly. The cherry Bombs in his Neo Geo was one of the saddest things I have ever seen. :cry:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:23 am

It's the reason I bought a 3DO. Luckily some of the more decent releases stopped me from turning it into an expensive paperweight!
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

dark
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dark » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:16 am

I had this game and Aces of the Pacific for PC back in the day. I didn't enjoy the games as they were sims rather than arcade style with lots of instant action, but they came with the coolest manuals :)