Video Reviews and interviews of 3DO

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

RetroGamingBlog
3DO ZERO USER

Video Reviews and interviews of 3DO

Post by RetroGamingBlog » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:56 am

Hi all,

I've started to think about seriously doing some video reviews on the 3DO with a goal of doing a documentary - or interview with Trip Hawkins some time in the next year.

I come from a video background and I put together a really quick video introducing, very lightly, the 3DO. Afterwards I was quite keen to focus abit more on it and produce it seriously by upping production values and getting a lot more technical and even start using some real animations with in depth interviews.

My first review will be on Space Hulk - which I adore. I didn't know if such a project would be of interest here, does anyone fancy helping? Any advisors or photos of the machine inside - the architecture etc...

I'll link the current video below so please let me know if it's of interest. Also if my video reviews of the games would be welcome or not.

http://youtu.be/G45InqwTGIA

Ash.
RGB Website | Twitter | Twitch Stream
Streaming 3DO every Mon, Weds & Sat 8pmGMT

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Re: Video Reviews and interviews of 3DO

Post by a31chris » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:45 am

If you ever get to interview Hawkins ask him about releasing the encryption stuff for the 3DO community. I don't know why he doesn't release this. What does he care at this point?
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

RetroGamingBlog
3DO ZERO USER

Post by RetroGamingBlog » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:31 am

Hi Chris,

What you mean by, encryption stuff? Interest is peaked.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:20 pm

RetroGamingBlog wrote:Hi Chris,

What you mean by, encryption stuff? Interest is peaked.
My understanding is the encryption tools that encrypt software that the developers make to run properly on the 3DO are not released yet. I'm not sure how they are getting around it now but this should probably be addressed.

Someone else more knowledgable on the situation can chime in and clear things up if I'm mistaken on anything.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

RetroGamingBlog
3DO ZERO USER

Post by RetroGamingBlog » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:24 pm

Hi Chris,

I'll most certainly bring it up. I'm not sure how this is going to pan out to be honest. I have his email so I'll touch base and see what happens.

It would be great to get in touch with some of the developers behind some of the software - I know user 'ewhac' (username is off the top of my head right now) was one.