Trip'd vs. Flopon the Space Mutant vs. Furopon World

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

nixzero
3DO ZERO USER

Trip'd vs. Flopon the Space Mutant vs. Furopon World

Post by nixzero » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:18 am

I'm trying to clear up some confusion on the 'Furopon/Flopon" games by Warp. I do not own any of them, but have found conflicting information online.

Flopon the Space Mutant was developed first, and only in Japan. A demo was then released in Japan for Flopon the Space Mutant 2, which was also included on the Short Warp compilation. Finally, Flopon World was released, which included 4 mini-games, one of which was a finished version of game demoed as "Flopon the Space Mutant 2". (The others were "Version 2/3", a shooter/RPG, and some kind of training mode). This game was released in the US as Trip'd... Right?? :|

Some questions are still bugging me, however:

1) Trip'd is supposedly the US version of Flopon World (FZ-SJ2354), but it has the same serial number as Flopon the Space Mutant (FZ-SJ2351).

2) Many sites state that Flopon World contains 4 mini-games or game modes, are all of these games/modes also in Trip'd?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Trip'd vs. Flopon the Space Mutant vs. Furopon World

Post by goldenband » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:55 am

Paging Austin! :D He had a pretty good handle on this at one point. It's always confused the heck out of me, which is embarrassing since I own the games.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:06 pm

1. Flopon the Space Mutant is the first game.

2. Flopon the Space Mutant 2 is the sequel. Released in the US as Trip'd. Also on Short Warp.

3. Flopon World is a mini game compilation where its main highlight is a proto-shmup (Galaga style shooter).

nixzero
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nixzero » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:15 pm

Thanks for the clarification!

Pretty confusing, especially since Flopon the Space Mutant (J) has the same serial as Trip'd (US): FZ-SJ2351.

I'm curious, are there any major differences between the Flopon the Space Mutant Demo, the game on the Short Warp disc, and Trip'd??