3DO emulator on Android

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

3DO emulator on Android

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:34 pm

Need for Speed running on Nvidia Shield.

No joypad support and the onscreen pad isn't the best, but it's a good start. Everything plays and sounds great!

4DO on Android will be better though :)

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Re: 3DO emulator on Android

Post by a31chris » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:05 am

I can't stand playing games on Android I think the only game that really works with the touch screen is Angry Birds. There's no way I could enjoy controlling through an emulator when I have the real thing.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:50 pm

a31chris wrote:I can't stand playing games on Android I think the only game that really works with the touch screen is Angry Birds. There's no way I could enjoy controlling through an emulator when I have the real thing.
Any American Laser Games light gun shooter would be fine played this way, touch to shoot would work well.

Twisted would also work fine.
The man that beat the self proclaimed "best in the world" at The Need For Speed...

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:08 pm

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
a31chris wrote:I can't stand playing games on Android I think the only game that really works with the touch screen is Angry Birds. There's no way I could enjoy controlling through an emulator when I have the real thing.
Any American Laser Games light gun shooter would be fine played this way, touch to shoot would work well.
I would think in those games, accuracy would be impossible on such a small screen. Even a standard television set is a bit too small for what most of ALG's light gun games were designed for. Some of the randomly generated levels of Space Pirates make me absolutely want to pull my hair out because consistently hitting certain targets is all but impossible, and I've completely given up on beating Mad Dog II.