Autobahn Tokio (and racing game ramblings)

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Kyosho
3DO ZERO USER

Autobahn Tokio (and racing game ramblings)

Post by Kyosho » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:13 am

Not a lot of talk about this game on the forums. Other than it being crap. I'm curious about it though. I like arcade racers. Sometimes.

I want something different to play on my 3DO. Road Rash is great, but I've realized that I prefer playing it on PC. Actually put quite a bit of time into the PC version just recently. Need for Speed is cool but I have to be in just the right mood to play it. Crash & Burn.. something about it rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's the framerate, I don't know. Can't get into it. Megarace I actually like quite a bit, if you can even call it a racing game. I want to put more time into that one eventually. BC Racers I can't even bring myself to try after how much I loathed the Genesis version back in the day. It might not be the worst kart racer ever (Skunny Kart gets that honor, and I shudder just thinking about it), but probably second-worst. Videos I've seen of the 3DO version makes it look like it keeps the terrible framerate of the original. Hooray? Anyone have opinions on the 3DO version? (Edit: Nevermind. Found this thread. Seems everyone hates it.)

Will F1GP run on a NTSC-U FZ-1?

CRV
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Autobahn Tokio (and racing game ramblings)

Post by CRV » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:46 am

F1GP will run, but will you want it to run? Autobahn Tokio is at least kinda playable.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Re: Autobahn Tokio (and racing game ramblings)

Post by Austin » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:27 pm

Can't vouch for Autobahn Tokio personally, although watching videos of it I can say that it looks like it'd be painful to play.