Royal Pro Wrestling a game I want to love.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

boabject78
3DO ZERO USER

Royal Pro Wrestling a game I want to love.

Post by boabject78 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:37 am

As a wrestling fan who was fortunate enough to be around when it was worth watching I have always enjoyed wrestling games, good ones anyway. When I realized that there was a pretty great looking wrestling game on my beloved 3do I got real excited. Only problem is I cant read Japanese and I can't find any useful info on how to play it.

Does anyone here on the forum have any idea on how to play this game because I feel like every time I start a match I have nearly zero control on what happens almost as if my controller isn't plugged in lol I have tried so hard to figure it out but to no avail and the resulting rage induced button mashing didn't help at all.

I sincerely hope that someone here will answer my plea for help on this as I think that Royal Pro Wrestling could be an undiscovered gem on the 3do.
....the 3do could do that............if it felt like it.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Royal Pro Wrestling a game I want to love.

Post by Martin III » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:28 pm

Never played the game myself, since wrestling games (and one-on-one fighters in general) simply aren't my thing. But someone posted this guide to Royal Pro Wrestling online a little over a year ago.

boabject78
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Royal Pro Wrestling a game I want to love.

Post by boabject78 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:09 am

Yeah I have tried using this guide in the past without much success I think I was trying too hard. Since my last post I have spent a bit of time going through the training introduction and with google translate I have been able to decipher what is going on.

You have to forget how western wrestling games operate so no more constantly grappling then mashing a button to achieve success. It is all about timing and inputting the right combo of buttons at the right time. Once you figure out that you need to tie up with your opponent by just walking into them and then inputting a grappling move it begins to make sense.

I haven't had time to get comfortable with the game's mechanics yet but I'm getting there. This game has so much going on its silly it isn't more talked about on the 3do or just in general. There are tons of legendary wrestlers to choose from with all the singles, tags and career options you would expect plus its spread over 3 different styles of wrestling (USA, Lucha, Japan) that really change the dynamics of the in ring matches.

A hidden gem for me for sure I can only imagine what it would be like playing this multiplayer with friends.
....the 3do could do that............if it felt like it.