3do games with widescreen support

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

boabject78
3DO ZERO USER

3do games with widescreen support

Post by boabject78 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:15 pm

Since I'm on a bit of a gaming binge I decided to sit down with some good old golf games and for some reason I decided to play the Japanese versions of what the 3do has to offer. Since I can't read Japanese I tried using google translate and stumbled on something interesting in the options menu.
Apparently the following games have a widescreen option;

Waialae no Kiseki
Masters Augusta
Devils Course

I didn't believe it at first but it works as the picture switches for widescreen! It makes me wonder if there are any other titles with this option hiding in their menus. I had no idea that widescreen tvs were available that far back in the day.

Strangely enough the widescreen option is absent from the english versions of these titles.
....the 3do could do that............if it felt like it.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: 3do games with widescreen support

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:23 pm

That's very interesting. I'm a bit dumb when it comes to this stuff, how did you know that these games have widescreen support?

boabject78
3DO ZERO USER

Post by boabject78 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:48 pm

I just noticed an extra option in the Japanese options menu and turned it on which changed how the circle around the golfer's feet looked. I changed my tv to widescreen an boom everything looked right. The power of google translate confirmed that option I toggled on is indeed widescreen.
....the 3do could do that............if it felt like it.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:17 pm

Odd that those games have widescreen in the Japanese version but not the North American version. So far as I know the North American versions didn't come out before the Japanese.

Doesn't Wing Commander III also have widescreen support? I wish I had my 3DO games with me so that I could check that myself...