My stuff & my carpet

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

My stuff & my carpet

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:19 pm

This is something I've never put online before - so no laughing. It's about 75% of my 3DO collection. I said, Stop laughing! :oops:

Behold! The Panasonic 3DO arcade stick. It's not rare at all in Japan but quite rare in the States and Europe.

Some big box games. Nothing of note really. Apart from my copy of Perfect General is missing and so is Dragon Lore. They are on my desk still. DOH! I'd like to say that Strahl, just peeking from behind Jurassic Park Interactive, is an under-rated game!)

Electronic Arts' 3DO stuff -- They did some unique to Japan stuff too, which I have still to get! Most of the best games for the 3DO came from EAs stable.

The add-on FMV module for the FZ-10. A glut of these came out of Germany recently. I keep missing out on the FZ1 version which I've only ever seen for sale in Japan.

A boxed Japanese FZ-10. Not rare at all. I personally prefer the look of the reguar FZ-1. (Not pictured!)

A boxed Japanese joypad. These are smaller than the standard EU/US ones and significantly nicer to use. No head phone socket though, which is a shame, because, despite people slagging-off the standard 3DO controller, it's addition of headphone jack was one of my favourite features!

Some Japanese 3DO games (Mostly Japanese I think anyway!)

The biggest memory card on Earth :) These are pretty rare, but I've had my FZ-1 for 13 years and it's never ran out of memory and the battery has never failed either.

In general reliability was never a problem for these Panasonic machines. I have never witnessed a Panasonic 3DO unit failing, ever. There are rumours of fuses blowing and being replaced relatively easily with off-the-shelf stuff, and the CD tray seizing on some, but I have 4 of the FZ1 units and I've never had a problem -- Sony, Microsoft, Sega take note!

...more Japanese games.

Studio 3DO did some cracking box-art - pity my photography skills are none-existant! Japanese box-art was the best, even the Japanese versions of the Shockwave and Escape from Monster Manor box-art is better than the EU/US release.

...some 3DO stuff...

Theme Park, so good I bought it twice.

Some Warp stuff -- Ds' Diner: so good I bought it thrice! I do have the first disc to BrainDead 13 too. Somewhere :? ! And a bunch of Live! 3DO Japanese discs but I can't remember where they are! (And I got bored of looking!)

What's not here? I have some concept art for the Star Trek game, some interactive smut and none interactice smut, some other joypads, some loose stuff and some stuff in the post that isn't here yet! And some 3DO magazines and other odds and sods. Hell is misisng, Sherlock Holmes game is missing... plus i have a mountain of duplicates boxless Japanese games that I trade for!

Edit: I even missed off some pics. [Slaps head!]

Dr Hauzer and friends!

Off-World Interceptor and friends! Mostly Crystal Dynamic games.

Will

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:09 pm

nice stuff, i still cant get used to the jewel case UK games they just look odd and incomplete, but they are bright and colorful :)

btw is that indoor outdoor carpet :P
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:47 pm

It's 3DO Kid proof hard wearing carpet actually :)

The nice thing about the Jewel Cases is that when you buy a game from Ebay UK, and it turns up all cracked and grubby, I can dive into my pile of replacement cases and it looks new for my collection. The real hard part is sourcing high-quality CD cases. Many of the ones you get today are very cheap plastic - it's actually happened many times, I've ripped the black lining part because the plastic is so cheap and nasty.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:13 am

that is a plus not having to deal with unfixable damaged cardboard long boxes, i forgot about that :)

ive done that with PS1 and DC games
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:41 am

Nice collection. Mine isn't anywhere close to that cool. At least someone kept the torch going! 8)
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

CrimsonGlory
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CrimsonGlory » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:32 pm

Great collection, no guns? :(

That Monster Manor cover art is badass
"Didn' mean ta burst ya bubble"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:34 pm

The Japanese Escape from Monster Manor is very nice. Ghost Hunter is my favourite!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:54 am

Awesome collection!

BTW, what is Moon Cradle? I've never heard of it before.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:28 am

a japanese point and click thing - it needs a japanese machine to work

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:03 pm

Dig the carpet kid. :lol: Stain master carpet FTW