NFS "Best in the World" trash talkin' thread

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

NFS "Best in the World" trash talkin' thread

Post by Gunstar » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:52 am

DISCLAIMER: DO NOT take anything you are about to read personally, it's all trash talk for fun!!! The competition is as serious as such a thing can/should be, but this is all just for the fun of it! PLEASE, hold no grudges from what you read here, I won't. In the end, we all must keep in mind that it is just a game, and there are much more improtant things in life.

Well I started the challenge and pics first posted first...YESTERDAY, so I guess I better be the one to start the trash and put you losers in your place first too... :P

:?: No challenger? Is everyone scrambling to try and beat my scores? Might as well give up and admit defeat, becuase it ain't happening. I told you I was the best in the world, but you just wouldn't listen and had to make me go and embarass you, make you eat your words, right 3DOkid? I told you that you would be SHOCKED. I warned you, but you just had to be a blow-hard. I'm not an empty bragger, I put my money where my mouth is! :P I told you I wasn't nervous, I just tried to be gracious, but NOOO, you just had to put your foot in your mouth! Well, look who's nervous now!!! :wink:

Show me I'm not the BEST IN THE WORLD! Make me eat MY words!
Last edited by Gunstar on Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:48 pm

Apparently I have no challengers, not even 3DOkid. It seems now that I've put up my pics, no one else wants to put up theirs becuase they can't compete. Or we'll be waiting for a long time for people to LEARN to beat my scores...maybe forever. 3DOkid? I think you need to show yours, even if they aren't as good as mine, since it was you and I that started the whole thing between each other, I want to see your times, better or worse than mine, I deserve to see them. WHY? Because I'd at least like to know how much better I actually am (or worse, but I'm seriously starting to doubt that) to another who claims to be the best, to end my own speculation. I'll tread lightly if you admit defeat and that I'm the best. I can be a gracious winner. As I stated BEFORE I put my pics up, I WANT some competition, I WANT to see someone beat my times, it wasn't a matter of getting nervous or worry, as you suggested; it's lonely at the top! I NEED something to strive for again! For years I've been a lone racer, with only my own scores to beat, dreaming of a competition to prove my skills and another to beat my times so I have a benchmark to strive for again! Although my dreams of a competition were always of a LIVE, in person competition where people could be astonished at my driving skills, watching them LIVE. Unfortunately, I have to settle for this forum...

Be a MAN about it 3DOkid, show your stuff! I'll be a man about it and admit defeat if you prove me wrong! I was man enough to put my scores up first, for better or worse, how about you?

But also, be warned, while your scrambling to beat my times, I'm still trying to beat them myself, so you may come back and see that I've edited my post with my improved times!

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:27 pm

Tsk, tsk, tsk... :roll: It's obvious by the delay that 3DOkid and others were indeed shocked by my times and are attempting to beat them as I speak...you guys are pitiful. Be MEN and show your losing scores NOW, so we can rate 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. place, and move on with the continual challenge that you guys can top my times later!!! If All I say were not true, we'd have seen other's times up by now. I'm very disappointed in the spinelessness of my so-called "challengers" you guys are NOTHING! LESS THAN NOTHING! And aren't even men enough to step up and admit it!!! :x

It's quite obvious that I'm the ONLY MAN HERE, that was willing to put his pics up FIRST, and accept the consequences, win or lose, to give you guys the ADVANTAGE of actually seeing them FIRST!!! I did this becuase I KNOW I'M THE BEST!!! You spineless COWARDS!!! :evil:
I would have posted my pics, for better or worse, after seeing your's first! Nothin' but PUNKS! Bow before me you scum!

Even if you somehow manage to beat my times, I'm still more man than you'll ever be for this delay! No matter what is posted later, I've already won at being a MAN! And I'll have no problem driving any of your records into the ground later, even if you manage to beat my current scores! This is so lame! (reminder: this is all trash talk for the fun of it, half serious, only becuase I'm the one doing the waiting and in suspense, half for the fun, but I am starting to get really mad here becuase it LOOKS like you are WORMS! PLEASE! Prove me wrong! Post your times, win or lose!!!)

At LEAST post some excuse!!! GEEZE! The silence around here from anyone else is SOOO LAME!!!

AGAIN: don't take any of this PERSONALLY, it just trash talk!

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:59 pm

Maybe he hasn't logged in since you posted?

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:09 pm

Mobius wrote:Maybe he hasn't logged in since you posted?
I know that's quite possible, but he was here replying to my posts in much quicker fashion BEFORE I posted my NFS pics...I know there's a big time difference between Texas and England, but still, his replies came fast enough when we were just bragging in the flightstick thread.

I'm just bored and keep checking in, and see nothing, so I just keep heaping on the trash-talk to keep the boredom away. It may be that I'll be eating all my words in short order... :oops:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:34 pm

Maybe he still has to take pics : P
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:05 pm

Maybe there is too much going on with this whole thing? Damn, all this NFS talk and trash is making me want to destroy my copy, good lord. :cry:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:08 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:Maybe there is too much going on with this whole thing? Damn, all this NFS talk and trash is making me want to destroy my copy, good lord. :cry:
Then you are taking it all too seriously, apparently you didn't read the disclaimer? It's SUPPOSED to be all in good fun! It's all apart of fun competition! Though I'm done with it until I get some competition and replies from competitors. I fully expect a lot of trash talk directed at me should I turn out to be less than the best...probably some in replies even if I am the best! What goes around comes around, and I've been doing more than my share of giving it, so it may come back to me in spades!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:03 pm

Tch - Texans. All show - no go. By the way - if you need any help understanding what a 'corner' is, you be sure to give me a shout!

This race feels close - well, not that close actually!

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:09 pm

Gunstar wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:Maybe there is too much going on with this whole thing? Damn, all this NFS talk and trash is making me want to destroy my copy, good lord. :cry:
Then you are taking it all too seriously, apparently you didn't read the disclaimer? It's SUPPOSED to be all in good fun! It's all apart of fun competition! Though I'm done with it until I get some competition and replies from competitors. I fully expect a lot of trash talk directed at me should I turn out to be less than the best...probably some in replies even if I am the best! What goes around comes around, and I've been doing more than my share of giving it, so it may come back to me in spades!
Nope, you missed my point. I am saying that there is more than one game on the 3DO is all. LOL

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:14 pm

T2K, Mate, look at his times - he's a bit slow ;)

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:27 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:
Gunstar wrote:
Nope, you missed my point. I am saying that there is more than one game on the 3DO is all. LOL
The challenge and competition is for The Need For Speed, so in this case, no other game matters, and it's quite obvious this game is not your cup of tea. Just like Escape from Monster Manor is not mine (not that I'm not good at it, though, just that I never really like the the Wolfenstein clone, it just never did it for me like the original. But to each their own. And me and 3DOkid are in our own...though it's most obvious now that he's scrambling to try and edge out my times, so he can come here with pics barely beating mine, and claim he was my better all along! Well, better hurry mate, becuase I'm now reinvigorated to do even better and get my revised times up before you do! If I only had my FZ-10 and some of my classic times...seems like age is creeping up on me and I only have what I can do now to show, I'll just have to redouble my efforts!

Must be nice to have the advantage of not posting first, so you can take your time to try and do better and be my times! It is SOO obvious that your full of it, though if I can do it, I'm sure others can too, but I can't help bu wonder what if YOU had posted times first. Your certainly not fooling me. If not, why not at least post what you DO have now?!? :roll: Uhh...silence...uhh, well, if he did that, then we'd see he hasn't beaten my times yet! :roll:
Last edited by Gunstar on Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:40 pm

cute.

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:47 pm

3DOKid wrote:cute.
What's cute? I still don't see any PROOF from YOU! How about posting what you got now?!? No? I wonder why...if you've got a better time than me on ANYTHING yet, why not share? :roll:

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:54 am

T2KFreeker wrote:
Gunstar wrote:
I realize that,but why bring it up in this thread at all? This is a competition for NFS, not for 3DO games in general, if you don't want to join in, then start your own competition, like for Monster Manor that you mentioned before, but why cut into this thread which is just about NFS to tell us it's not the only game? I missed your point because your point has no bearing what so ever on this competition or thread. Not to mention there's no way from what you said about wanting to destroy your copy of NFS would lead me to believe your point was it's not the only 3DO game, I couldn't possibly have known that was your point until you just said it was in this last post of yours that I'm quoting. I'm not a mind reader, just a Need for Speeder! It's like your running out on the field in the middle of the Superbowl and telling all the fans "Hey! You know this isn't the only sport in the world! What about Baseball! or Basketball!" Do you think you would be well recieved or get the response you want in such a situation?!? So what do you expect me to say to that here?!? 3DOkid and I are fans of NFS on the 3DO, and we both think we are the best, just like two Superbowl teams, and we are butting heads to settle it (of course others can join in to if they want). So why would I care about another 3DO game when it has no bearing on what we are doing here? If I had said I was the best at some other 3DO game and 3DOkid said, "you can't be, becuase I am" then we would probably be having a competition over THAT game. :roll:

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:23 am

Gunstar wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:
Gunstar wrote: Then you are taking it all too seriously, apparently you didn't read the disclaimer? It's SUPPOSED to be all in good fun! It's all apart of fun competition! Though I'm done with it until I get some competition and replies from competitors. I fully expect a lot of trash talk directed at me should I turn out to be less than the best...probably some in replies even if I am the best! What goes around comes around, and I've been doing more than my share of giving it, so it may come back to me in spades!
I realize that,but why bring it up in this thread at all? This is a competition for NFS, not for 3DO games in general, if you don't want to join in, then start your own competition, like for Monster Manor that you mentioned before, but why cut into this thread which is just about NFS to tell us it's not the only game? I missed your point because your point has no bearing what so ever on this competition or thread. Not to mention there's no way from what you said about wanting to destroy your copy of NFS would lead me to believe your point was it's not the only 3DO game, I couldn't possibly have known that was your point until you just said it was in this last post of yours that I'm quoting. I'm not a mind reader, just a Need for Speeder! It's like your running out on the field in the middle of the Superbowl and telling all the fans "Hey! You know this isn't the only sport in the world! What about Baseball! or Basketball!" Do you think you would be well recieved or get the response you want in such a situation?!? So what do you expect me to say to that here?!? 3DOkid and I are fans of NFS on the 3DO, and we both think we are the best, just like two Superbowl teams, and we are butting heads to settle it (of course others can join in to if they want). So why would I care about another 3DO game when it has no bearing on what we are doing here? If I had said I was the best at some other 3DO game and 3DOkid said, "you can't be, becuase I am" then we would probably be having a competition over THAT game. :roll:
Actually, I love NFS, just not the best at it is all. :lol: You have to try really hard to find a 3DO title I don't like to a degree.

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:59 am

T2KFreeker wrote:
Gunstar wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote: Nope, you missed my point. I am saying that there is more than one game on the 3DO is all. LOL
Actually, I love NFS, just not the best at it is all. :lol: You have to try really hard to find a 3DO title I don't like to a degree.

I have plenty of all time favorite games on the 3DO myself, it just happened that I found a challenger for NFS first, so that's what we're having a competition in first. We'll get to some other titles later on, or if you want to choose a title and start some type of competition now, I may join in on that one too, if it's a game I have any real experience with...EFMM isn't one though, I have the game, and I've played through a few levels, but I just don't like it as much as W3D/AvP/Doom on the Jag, or Spacehulk/Po'ed/Killingtime on the 3DO. Besides, those are harder games to have competitions with, whereas something like a racing game is a natural, or any games where the main goal is racking up points.

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:13 am

I'm so good at Need for Speed that I saw the super secret Mr. X cries like a baby video! Didn't know about that one did you? He even came over to my house in 1994 and BEGGED me to stop killing him so bad. He was such a NOOB.

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:12 am

bonefish wrote:I'm so good at Need for Speed that I saw the super secret Mr. X cries like a baby video! Didn't know about that one did you? He even came over to my house in 1994 and BEGGED me to stop killing him so bad. He was such a NOOB.
LOL!
I've had him totally kissing my ass, telling me I can teach future generations a thing or two, saying I put on a racing clinic, and much more, but never had him crying like a baby. He's said I blow him away, etc. Though there are SO many videos in that game it blows my mind, after 16 years of playing, every once in a while I STILL see a new one...though it also depends on if your racing him, or racing the clock for certain videos.

Are you going to join in the fun?

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:03 am

Maybe, I think I need to take a break from the ol' xbox.

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:40 am

bonefish wrote:Maybe, I think I need to take a break from the ol' xbox.
Please do. While me and 3DOkid have an initial "score" to settle, I really want this to grow into a true competition, ongoing, with more than just a "winner" and "loser." I'd like to have it ongoing were as soon as someone beats another's times, etc., they can "move up" in the ranks, and even those of us who have posted pics, can keep trying to do better. I've already edited my post and pics a couple times with better times on certain course segments, though I haven't yet made a better overall course time in any since I first posted. But I know if I add up the times of my individual segment times, they are better than the overall course times I have. It's really hard to do your absolute best on all three segments at once to come up with an absolute best course time. I ALMOST did just last night, as I made a better time in segment one of the Alpine course, tied my segment 2 time and then was well on the way to blowing out my segment 3 time, only to have a car cut me off 50 feet before the finish line in segment three, ruining my course time. Damn you Kahn!!! (shakes fist at the sky) :lol:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:20 am

Sounds like someone's afraid they might loose after talking so much. :)

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:59 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Sounds like someone's afraid they might loose after talking so much. :)
:roll: 3DOkid suggested the same thing before. But I'm not afraid to lose, and the fact of the matter is that my timees were posted first, without fear, giving 3DOkid and others the opportunity that I didn't have, to know what times they have to beat, and STILL, 4 DAYS later I'm still waiting for times to be posted that beat mine. Of course 3DOkid is scrambling right now to beat my scores so he can come out looking like the champ, an easier thing to do when you know how good you have to do. :roll:
If he had better times than me, he would have already posted them. He has the advantage, HE can claim victory if he manages to beat and post better times, all I can do, if he does, is try to beat his times and repost, but then, it's too late to claim initial victory, isn't it? I'm the ONLY one right now that has PROVEN he's not afraid to lose by posting my times first!
3DOkid also is using the excuse that he has to start all over on an NTSC machine to make it "fair." Yet, I told him he could post his PAL times, anyway, but he hasn't...I wonder why? To be fair? Hardly. He's the one who said he thought it best to redo his times on an NTSC machine, not me, I would never even considered any PAL advantage if he hadn't mentioned it himself. Personally I think it's becuase his times weren't good enough, yet ANOTHER excuse! How many does he need? How much time does he need? I even said he could post his NTSC times as he goes along, but he wants to wait until he has them all. The truth is he want's to wait until he has all mine beat, IF he can. This all grows tiresome to me, I've willing put up my times, which I KNOW aren't the best I can do (and yes, I'm still trying to improve), and he's taking his sweet, sweet time. Look for yourself, first, last week he said he'd post his times over the weekend, when I started trash talking, then it was Monday or Tuesday...it's now WEDENSDAY and STILL no times up! This is all such a FARCE! And here you guys are, giving him the extreme benefit of the doubt, me, giving him the extreme advantage, and STILL NOTHING. Then, if he does manage to beat my times, I'll look stupid and like the big mouthed loser (in YOUR eyes), even if I can come back and beat his, once I know what they are... :roll:
So why do I want the competition to go on? Not becuase I'm afraid, but becuase I KNOW I'm the best, and an on-going competition is TRULY the only way of proving it; finally getting 2 or more peoples scores all up for all to see, so we can all fairly try to do better and continue to improve. The truth is, when all that is said and done, the person who has times up for a long time that haven't been beat is the one who's the real BEST. Something, that in all fairness, needs time to be proven: not one poor jerk (me) posting his times and waiting to be bested. A bunch of punks is all I'm dealing with here... :roll: I posted what I HAD to start with, and am now trying to improve on it, 3DOkid and any others that MAY show up are improving FIRST, then maybe, if they can, post better times. The problem here is, really, my fault though, what I SHOULD have done is designate a DEADLINE where anyone involved has to get their times up by; that would have stopped all these shenanigans! I screwed myself over by not thinking of, and putting that in the groundrules. And 3DOkid and others (if there are any) are the one reaping the benefit and taking full advantage of the situation. Truly, I've already won, and 3DOkid can only come along and possibly de-thrown me, if we were to look at this fairly. The truth is I've already won, and am the reigning champ, and am just waiting to be de-throwned!

CrimsonGlory
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CrimsonGlory » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:39 pm

*Post Deleted by me*

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:22 pm

get ready mortal. gods here.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:49 pm

ROFL

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:00 pm

3DOKid wrote:get ready mortal. gods here.

:roll: Tell you what, I'll check in again in a week or two, maybe by then you'll have had a lucky streak and finally beat my times...and I'll be back with new times of my own. I've already been waiting 5 days, how long does it take you to play and get some times? I managed to play in one evening and beat about 50% of my records already, then posted what I had last Saturday, for better or worse...how about you? Chump.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:34 pm

Okay, fine, you did it. I have to try and hunt down need for speed just to shut you all up. Good Lord, and I thought I was done with this game. Tells me what I know, eh? :roll:

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:10 pm

This is all such a FARCE! And here you guys are, giving him the extreme benefit of the doubt, me, giving him the extreme advantage, and STILL NOTHING. Then, if he does manage to beat my times, I'll look stupid and like the big mouthed loser (in YOUR eyes), even if I can come back and beat his, once I know what they are...
Well, 3DOKid does have the "home-court advantage" in that this is HIS forum, so it is only natural that most of us give hime the benefit of the doubt. But I doubt many would think you were "stupid" or a "big mouthed loser" (I mean you did put up a disclaimer afterall :wink: ) Seriously, atleast all this trash talk has livened things up a bit here. Sorry I can't contribute, but all my records are intermediate. But I'm gonna try and give the ol' girl a whirl on Pro.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:08 pm

...has he gone yet?

Oh-man. This is like a gaming chore for me. It's just like exam week at school and suddenly everything else on earth is more important. I've been playing games I had totally forgotten about.

The good news is? It's re-kindled my love for all games! Well, all games except NFS on the 3DO. I was playing "Sweet Home" on the NES, which is pretty good. It's a pre-cursor to Resident Evil! My Midnight Club 3 DUB edition finally got a play. I've been trying to figure out Reverse-NOS on Ridge Racer 7. And I hooked up my N64 to have a play of Zelda Oricana of time (or whatever the hell that is!) which isn't making much of an impact on me but I did have a go on Golden Eye again. Which is still brilliant.

Ok - ok. Need for speed. Ok. Right. I can see this is decending into chaos. You are all arguing (please don't argue chaps), I'm going to play it right now. Well, right after I have another go on Farcry and NFS Carbon. Ok. OK! NFS on the 3DO top times coming up. right now.

jeeez.