How many good games?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

How many good games?

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:44 pm

How many good games do you think the 3DO had that were worth looking at? I'm counting anything good. For example: depsite my feelings on games like Wolfenstien, it has to be a good game as so many people can't be wrong? So how many quality titles or titles of high production values did the ol' 3DO have do you reckon? 10? 20? 30? I counted about 60 to 65 - that's not bad.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:18 am

It's a shame that for every 3DO gem like NFS, Twisted, or Star Control the crap games seemed to get more focus from the mainstream (fmv games for instance) What I'd like to do is make a list of not just the top 3DO games, but the top 3DO EXCLUSIVE games. I bet there are more than many realize.

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:10 am

People are always surprised by how many good titles the 3do had. Especially how superior the ports where considering what the other consoles had. It really was too much of a system too soon (cough ps3 hack)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:00 am

I'm right in thinking that Fifa, Space Hulk, 3DO road rash, Wing commander III, NFS, were all made for the 3DO, then ported to other systems - Saturn, PSX, etc.,?

CrimsonGlory
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CrimsonGlory » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:51 am

There are some genuinally good games, but then there are games that, lets face it are total crap but are STILL playable as kind of a "remember when games were all about this"

eg. Night trap is a piece of crap. no two ways about it, its barely playable and can be quite boring, but I continue to play it again and again over time, it just has this, I dunno, nostalgic hold over me. I also care little for Way of the warrior and its super clunky controls, but again, play it every now and again for a bit of fun.

But I can also play through another world or flashback at least once a year, probably for the rest of my life.

To me, the 3do catalogue consists of good games I enjoy playing and crappy games that have a special place in my heart.
Thats enough for me :)

Jeez, that was so emo
"Didn' mean ta burst ya bubble"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:04 pm

Emo?! I only learnt what that meant the other day!

Certainly, I've tried to steer away from truely crap games but yeah - I too will no doubt, 300 or 400 years from now while on my death bed, have yet another crack at Alone in the Dark and Another world.

The only thing I'm worried about is this: is Novastorm actually crap? If it is, I may well be in trouble, as I can only play crap games. I'm no more or less impressed with Novastorm as Resistance Fall of man or PGR3... They look pretty sure but... :shock:

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:51 pm

3DOKid wrote:I'm right in thinking that Fifa, Space Hulk, 3DO road rash, Wing commander III, NFS, were all made for the 3DO, then ported to other systems - Saturn, PSX, etc.,?
Don't forget Gex.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

jesusc
3DO ZERO USER

Post by jesusc » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:24 pm

Starfighter, Battlesport, Casper, D, The Horde, Johnny Bazookatone, Off-World Interceptor, Psychic Detective, Return Fire, Shockwave. and Shanghai Triple Threat all showed up on 3DO and then were ported to Playstation, Saturn, or both.

Lucienne's Quest got a Saturn port in Japan.

Others that I'm not sure if they were released on 3DO or PC first, but eventually were ported to Playstation and/or Saturn were Po'ed, Panzer General, Cyberia, and Creature Shock.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:48 pm

jesusc wrote:Starfighter, Battlesport, Casper, D, The Horde, Johnny Bazookatone, Off-World Interceptor, Psychic Detective, Return Fire, Shockwave. and Shanghai Triple Threat all showed up on 3DO and then were ported to Playstation, Saturn, or both.

Lucienne's Quest got a Saturn port in Japan.

Others that I'm not sure if they were released on 3DO or PC first, but eventually were ported to Playstation and/or Saturn were Po'ed, Panzer General, Cyberia, and Creature Shock.
Welcome to the forum :)