Gunstar recieves award!

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Post Reply
User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Gunstar recieves award!

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:43 pm

http://fz1-3do.blog.co.uk/

(don't forget to watch the vid too!)

User avatar
3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:47 am
Location: U.S.A.

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:17 pm

I love it! So when do we get 40 to 1? or 40 to 31 at least?


"American Football, played with your hands"
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

User avatar
CrimsonGlory
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:43 pm
Location: Shottingham

Post by CrimsonGlory » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:20 pm

Man, it aint looking good for B.C Racers.
"Didn' mean ta burst ya bubble"

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:42 pm

CrimsonGlory wrote:Man, it aint looking good for B.C Racers.
Indeed it isn't

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:06 pm

Well, that was cool of you to do man. I guess Gunstar indeed proved it. Go Gunstar! 8)
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:52 am
Location: Texas

Post by Gunstar » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:17 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:Well, that was cool of you to do man. I guess Gunstar indeed proved it. Go Gunstar! 8)
I must be missing something here...I see a link to 3DOkid's 50-40 top 50 3DO games movie, and watched the movie...but, what did I prove? What was cool of 3DOkid to do? Go Gunstar?!? I was expecting something sarcastic and funny or I don't know what, but WHAT? I see nothing in this thread that has to do with the title at all...just a link to the movie...?????
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

User avatar
Mobius
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 625
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:10 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Post by Mobius » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:17 pm

Gunstar wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:Well, that was cool of you to do man. I guess Gunstar indeed proved it. Go Gunstar! 8)
I must be missing something here...I see a link to 3DOkid's 50-40 top 50 3DO games movie, and watched the movie...but, what did I prove? What was cool of 3DOkid to do? Go Gunstar?!? I was expecting something sarcastic and funny or I don't know what, but WHAT? I see nothing in this thread that has to do with the title at all...just a link to the movie...?????
What do you think, guys? How long should we let him sit and wonder?

User avatar
Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:52 am
Location: Texas

Post by Gunstar » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:43 pm

Mobius wrote:
Gunstar wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:Well, that was cool of you to do man. I guess Gunstar indeed proved it. Go Gunstar! 8)
I must be missing something here...I see a link to 3DOkid's 50-40 top 50 3DO games movie, and watched the movie...but, what did I prove? What was cool of 3DOkid to do? Go Gunstar?!? I was expecting something sarcastic and funny or I don't know what, but WHAT? I see nothing in this thread that has to do with the title at all...just a link to the movie...?????
What do you think, guys? How long should we let him sit and wonder?
Well, damn! You guys SURE pulled the wool over my eyes...I'm not sure how, or why, but if you want to let me "sit and wonder," fine...since I obviously have no clue as to what you guys are even talking about, then it's no loss to me. As they say; "what you don't know can't hurt you." :roll:
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

User avatar
3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:47 am
Location: U.S.A.

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:23 am

Mobius wrote:What do you think, guys? How long should we let him sit and wonder?
Forever, the etiquette beforehand proves he does not merit a prize.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

User avatar
Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:52 am
Location: Texas

Post by Gunstar » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:59 am

3DO Experience wrote:
Mobius wrote:What do you think, guys? How long should we let him sit and wonder?
Forever, the etiquette beforehand proves he does not merit a prize.
Personally, I agree that I do not merit a "prize," though not due to my etiquette. Nor do I expect one, I was expecting some kind of sarcastic joke. If 3DOkid is awarding me with some "award" or "prize", for whatever reason, I'm thankful and grateful and think it's cool, but I'm currently at a loss about what this whole thread is about. Sorry I'm just not up to your caliber of intellect where I can figure out what's going on here. All I see is a title saying I've received an award and a link to 3DOkid's site with movie clips and other 3DO stuff. My etiquette is dictated by the answers I'm getting to a simple question based on ignorance. If you people want to reply with stupid remarks and/or painting me bad becuase I reply to those stupid remarks sarcastically, then it is what it is; but my perspective is very poor etiquette from you guys by the answers given, or lack thereof, so I am replying in like etiquette. :roll:

At first, I did take it as a simple joke that there was this "Gunstar recieves award" thread, with nothing but a link that has nothing to do with me and an "award," but then T2kfreeker left his reply which I quoted, and THAT'S what has confused me, and got me thinking I'm totally missing something. But if you guys would rather just be lame and not answer my questions, fine, I'll just forget the thread is even here; as I said before; what I don't know can't hurt me, at least in this case.
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:39 am

Gunstar wrote:
3DO Experience wrote:
Mobius wrote:What do you think, guys? How long should we let him sit and wonder?
Forever, the etiquette beforehand proves he does not merit a prize.
Personally, I agree that I do not merit a "prize," though not due to my etiquette. Nor do I expect one, I was expecting some kind of sarcastic joke. If 3DOkid is awarding me with some "award" or "prize", for whatever reason, I'm thankful and grateful and think it's cool, but I'm currently at a loss about what this whole thread is about. Sorry I'm just not up to your caliber of intellect where I can figure out what's going on here. All I see is a title saying I've received an award and a link to 3DOkid's site with movie clips and other 3DO stuff. My etiquette is dictated by the answers I'm getting to a simple question based on ignorance. If you people want to reply with stupid remarks and/or painting me bad becuase I reply to those stupid remarks sarcastically, then it is what it is; but my perspective is very poor etiquette from you guys by the answers given, or lack thereof, so I am replying in like etiquette. :roll:

At first, I did take it as a simple joke that there was this "Gunstar recieves award" thread, with nothing but a link that has nothing to do with me and an "award," but then T2kfreeker left his reply which I quoted, and THAT'S what has confused me, and got me thinking I'm totally missing something. But if you guys would rather just be lame and not answer my questions, fine, I'll just forget the thread is even here; as I said before; what I don't know can't hurt me, at least in this case.
Gunstar, you have officially been given the title as best NFS player for the 3DO version. 3DOKid doesn't screw around with stuff like this. Since you won the title, 3DOKid is sending you a goodie because your skillz are mad boss. Nobodies messing with you man. Don't Worry, Be Happy! 8)
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
Mobius
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 625
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:10 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Post by Mobius » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:00 am

Except 3DOkid took the post down, so maybe he changed his mind.

User avatar
Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:52 am
Location: Texas

Post by Gunstar » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:25 am

Thanks for a straight answer guys, it is appreciated. Even if the post was taken down and 3DOkid changed his mind about my "award," which I do not expect, I appreciate the straight response from you guys. It's all good. I just only ever wanted to know for myself if my skills were as good as I thought they were, and now I at least know they are. funny, I have even better scores/times now than those I posted... :lol:

I REALLY do want someone to come along and beat my times, and give me something further to work for. I really would like to have an ongoing thread where people can post their best times, even if they are not THE best times, and have a ranking, and ongoing fun to try and dethrone me. Maybe NOW, that it's all said and done, people will take me seriously about that and not think I'm just making up excuses becuase I was "scared of losing" or whatever lame remarks people made when I was suggesting it during the competition. I STILL REALLY DO WANT TO BE BEATEN at this game to give me something further to strive for in NFS.

I also want to take this time to apologize to those who think I was "over the top" with the whole competition, I really thought 3DOkid and others would get into the spirit of it all and the trash talking and stuff. It was ALL SUPPOSED to be in good fun. How about a different gameing competition? Anyone with suggestions? Something someone else would be "over the top" about? I love gaming competitions and trash-talking, I really would like to do this again, with some REAL competition.

What the 3DO community REALLY needs is something like this: http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jaguartop50/
Check out the "Super Burnout" high score table. you'll notice that 3DO NFS isn't the only racing game I'm the best in the world at...I also have the highest scores in a few other games there too. I'd really like to see something similiar to this Jaguar top 50 page done for the 3DO.
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:00 am

I was going to release my second video see. Continuity and all. The award will be back later today. I spotted some typos!

Post Reply