How do I not die in close combat in Space Hulk?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

How do I not die in close combat in Space Hulk?

Post by UnholyTancred » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:25 pm

Last night I was drinking copious amounts of vodka and decided to give Space Hulk a spin. I was instantly amazed at how awesome this game is. It's like RTS and FPS.

I died about 5 seconds in when I first started playing it.

"Sergio proceed into this room."

But I decide to turn around and I notice I have teammates. "Oh cool!" Then I turn back around and alien instantly falcon punches me in the face. Instant death.

Next time around I just charged and started killing anything. Died in close quarters once again. And this kept happening over and over again. Finally after I drank half a bottle of vodka did I finally beat the mission somehow. I was damn surprised. 2nd level is practically the same as the first. "Close the doors, etc" except now I'm Matthias. I tried it 5 times. 4 times I died. The 5th time all my teammates died.

So, how do I not die in close quarters combat? I heard mashing A makes you falcon punch the dude in the face and mashing B was supposed to make you parry. However, I cannot seem to parry for some odd reason. Either I mash the dudes face in, or I get my face mashed in.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:44 pm

Use cheat codes! :wink:

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:46 pm

Haha. Hell no.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:09 pm

I think i pushed all the buttons continiously,but i dont think its the right move! :lol: :lol:

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:08 am

There's a bit of a strategy to it... http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/3do/file/584497/2180

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:11 am

Shoot them. Up close combat favors the dudes who don't need the guns, obviously.

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:53 am

Ah now I've realized that the names are just different campaigns. I thought they were different levels. The reason why I kept losing Sergio's second mission was because too many of my buddies died in the first one. With Matthius I've gotten a bit further into the game now I'm fighting some weird knight type things. Hard as hell.

Dammit those knights are frigging hard.
-Vladimir Lenin