OlderGames update?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

OlderGames update?

Post by Trev » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:01 pm

After reading about Older Games future plans I decided I better snatch up the only game I didn't pick up on day one, On side. But what is this ...

www.oldergames.com

http://www.myspace.com/rwbivins?aid=10

Try getting on the site and you are bumped to MySpace? :? I can't beleive they would have shut down the site so quick (I thought it would have atleast stayed active til years end) Thank goodness I grabbed the other 3 games right away!

So, where did all the old inventory go? Did someone buy it? And where can I grab a copy of Onside.

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:27 am

Yes, all rather sudden!

That is the old, oldergames owner RW Bivins on my space :D

oldergames is up for sale from what I can gather. Who, what and where I have no idea.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:38 am

I'm hoping that Oldergames will see this thread and post a reply. I see they have had some activity on the cd-i forum recently.

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:47 pm

Well now the site redirects to Super Fighter Team who did Beggar Prince for the Sega Genesis.

I feel cheated though. I bought the 2nd print of Beggar Prince for $46. A 3rd print was released fairly recently which fixes bugs and compatibility issues with the Sega 32x. I feel as if I have to buy this game again.

I've never played it because I'm just too damn lazy to remove my 32x every time I want to play it. The first and second prints of the game had issues when playing through the 32x. Your save games wouldn't be recorded.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:30 am

UnholyTancred wrote:Well now the site redirects to Super Fighter Team who did Beggar Prince for the Sega Genesis.

I feel cheated though. I bought the 2nd print of Beggar Prince for $46. A 3rd print was released fairly recently which fixes bugs and compatibility issues with the Sega 32x. I feel as if I have to buy this game again.

I've never played it because I'm just too damn lazy to remove my 32x every time I want to play it. The first and second prints of the game had issues when playing through the 32x. Your save games wouldn't be recorded.
thats cool about the Super Fighter Team getting the domain and not the crap they released :)

i feel cheated abit also. im not going to buy the fixed version, mostly because i need money more than a game right now otherwise i might have bought a 3rd run game :)

i quit hooking up my 32X when i found out that it wouldnt keep your saves on any of the NHL hockey games, after 2 wiped out seasons i boxed it back up and it hasnt seen the light of day since, i think that was back in 1996 :D
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:43 am

Well, I can't give comment on any of Oldergames.com's releases except for Battle Frenzy release for the Sega CD wihich was a top notch game, and I sold it with my system about a year ago, but I have another Genesis/SCD/32X system now, and I was going to buy Battlefrenzy again as well as some of the other Sega CD titles, so it's unfortunate to me that they have sold their domain. But, I would assume that they should have some stock left of their games, so does anyone know if they are going to sell off remaining stock anywhere? I wasn't interested in most of thier other releases becuase I either didn't have the systems, or the games just didn't interest me, except for some of the Sega CD titles. If anyone here has Battle Frenzy and the other Sega CD releases, and think they suck and feel cheated, I'd be more than happy to buy them from you, even used, at the original selling price.
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:40 am

ill take back my crap comment for other items, and just say Decathalon was crap :)
it was the only thing ive bought from them and i regret it, but life goes on

i hope one day someone takes all their incomplete/bugged games and trys to fix them up
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:39 pm

Decathalon was crap
You really think so? Gosh, I had a blast w/Decathlon! :D

Anyway, If you regret picking it up I could always take it off your hands :wink:
i hope one day someone takes all their incomplete/bugged games and trys to fix them up
I'd love a more complete version of Powerslide. One that had music, and courses that didn't continue forever.