ICEBREAKER Master Prototype Disk put up on ebay...

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid


User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Re: ICEBREAKER Master Prototype Disk put up on ebay...

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:12 am

So which one of you bought this?

User avatar
Hound
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:44 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale

Post by Hound » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:26 am

That doesn't look anything like a prototype and is most certainly not an official 3DO dev copy cd. That looks like a cd-r copy that the developer sent to OG so they could get it encrypted. I'd bet that the the programmer has plenty more of these lying around and/or can make dupes at a moments notice. I would HARDLY think he'd have sent off his only copy. I'm surprised the unencrypted version of the released title is being called a proto though. They are both the same minus the Game Guru hack encryption. I most certainly wouldn't have coughed up 250 big ones for a questionable item though. Give me 10 minutes and I can do a disk copy and print up the same insert. I could probably save myself the effort and just ask the programmer for a copy though.

For that fact, does the programmer know that his work is being sold off like this?

User avatar
bonefish
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 351
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:22 pm

Post by bonefish » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:08 pm

Knurdz is the eBay handle of the seller so this auction is probably legit. Some times you just don't care any more. I knew a guy I bought some mustang stuff off of awhile back, his car he had over 13k in it, he gave it away for 3k... He just woke up one day and didn't want to look at it any more.

User avatar
BryWI
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1334
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Kenosha, WI, USA
Contact:

Post by BryWI » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:42 pm

Mr looney gave up rights to this disc and didnt want it back??

Gusbucket13
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:29 pm
Location: Birmingham UK
Contact:

Sale of Icebreaker 2 master CD

Post by Gusbucket13 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:10 am

BryWI wrote:Mr looney gave up rights to this disc and didnt want it back??
Oldergames wouldnt be interested if Andy Looney wanted it back or not, their run of Powerslide and Onside soccer was done illegally without the permission of the Licence holders - Good Deal Games. I have that from Good Deal Games themselves its not hearsay.

Oldergames have turned out to be a thoroughly disreputable concern interested only in making money - The final nail in their coffin was the entire first run of Frog Feast for the Atari Jaguar which were 100% faulty

I am in correspondance with Andy Looney and things are looking good for a second far more professional release of Icebreaker 2

User avatar
BryWI
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1334
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Kenosha, WI, USA
Contact:

Post by BryWI » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:00 pm

I would like some more info on this subject if possible. A website or something? and Why are you in correspondence with Andy Looney, and not GDG in correspondence with Andy Looney? Are you with GDG? How could there be a more professional Release of Icebreaker 2 when we have already everything that Andy Looney had given Oldergames? Im pretty sure he himself is not gonna code more for the thing on an old 3do game. What we got was cool as it is. Alot of people wanted to play that game. Im sorry I just need more info before I can believe this. If I am not mistaken, people on this board knew the guy from oldergames quite well????

Gusbucket13
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:29 pm
Location: Birmingham UK
Contact:

Re sale of Icebreaker 2 master disc

Post by Gusbucket13 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:13 pm

This is what I have just recieved from Andy Looney with reference to Oldergames selling the master CD for $250
Quote:
No it was not theirs to sell. I obviously never insisted it be returned to
me, but it should have been. Now I'm feeling kind of pissed off!
end quote.

Good deal games were cut out of the deal with Icebreaker II, It is only Powerslide and Onside Soccer they definately have the Licence for.

I am nothing to do with good deal games however I am helping the creator of Icebreaker and Icebreaker 2 - Andy Looney get another production run of Icebreaker 2 produced.

When I said professionally I meant the CD's burned and printed direct to disc on a proper Professional automated CD Printer Publisher machine capable of batch making 50 discs at a time automatically, with slick full color artwork double sided laser printed insert etc. Instead of CDR media with paper selfadhesive labels.

Hope this clarifies things
Gb13

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:55 pm

...but Decathlon was limited to 50. That must have been legal. No?

Why do these things always turn into a soap opera?

It's like Dark Alex and his PSP firmware? Or the guy selling Jaguar stuff? The JagCF? It's like watching re-runs of Dallas.

High-drama, intrigue, betrayal...

Gusbucket13
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:29 pm
Location: Birmingham UK
Contact:

Post by Gusbucket13 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:06 pm

3DOKid wrote:...but Decathlon was limited to 50. That must have been legal. No?

Why do these things always turn into a soap opera?

It's like Dark Alex and his PSP firmware? Or the guy selling Jaguar stuff? The JagCF? It's like watching re-runs of Dallas.

High-drama, intrigue, betrayal...
Sorry I dont know anything about decathlon, however if its any small consolation the atari Jaguar scene is much much worse with prima donnas throwing their toys out the pram every few minutes!!! 8)

User avatar
Vance
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 727
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:58 pm
Location: Cal-e-for-nie-ay

Post by Vance » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:16 pm

Hound wrote:That doesn't look anything like a prototype and is most certainly not an official 3DO dev copy cd. That looks like a cd-r copy that the developer sent to OG so they could get it encrypted.
Some devs do this, actually. Review copies are often actually just burned CD-Rs that can either only run on a dev station or a modded system.

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:04 pm

3DOKid wrote:...but Decathlon was limited to 50. That must have been legal. No?

Why do these things always turn into a soap opera?

It's like Dark Alex and his PSP firmware? Or the guy selling Jaguar stuff? The JagCF? It's like watching re-runs of Dallas.

High-drama, intrigue, betrayal...
I hate to point out, and am not trying to start any problems, but it turns into a soap opera because the people that worked hard on the games and programs are pissed off that their hard work is stolen and sold at a profit without their permissions. This is why we have copyrights, to stop these sorts of things from happening. Add in the fact that the dillhole from Oldergames.com was a total horses ass to begin with and you really start to see the whole picture. The guy was fine as long as he was making a killing and people weren't questioning things. The minute something went wrong, IE faulty discs, and people complained. Then, he didn't answer people, they got mad and brought it to public forum, then he responded and was a total dick to people like they shouldn't have done that and just been happy with the broken discs? Scuse my French, but Fuck That! I hadn't bought anything from him but was so close and am glad to this day I didn't. I missed out on some games I don't have, but the dude stole from other people to get the games released and to boot made the releases faulty and then blamed everyone else for his idiocy, you tell me where the drama is coming from?
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
Hound
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:44 am
Location: Fort Lauderdale

Post by Hound » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:19 am

Decathlon was not licensed in any way and it was definately an illegal run. The reason it was limited to 50 copies, was supposedly to limit the games distribution to try and keep it under the radar of whoever currently owns the rights. As for the rest, I don't know, however I did point out the questionable act of selling the "proto" cd used to make the Icebreaker 2 games. Something didn't seem right when they went out of business for no reason whatsoever and something most definately does not seem right now that more information has come to light. I'd also like to point out how more copies of these games seem to come up weekly for auction on Ebay when they are all listed and have been since the auctions first began, as the LAST copies. How many last copies are there? Or more accurately, how many last copies can their cdr drive and printer print up?

User avatar
BryWI
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1334
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Kenosha, WI, USA
Contact:

Post by BryWI » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:06 pm

Thanks everybody for all info.

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:50 pm

Well - I pointed it out to Trip Hawkins last year when I wrote the little cherub a thank you letter. At the time I didn't realise they were illegal, but obviously he didn't give a monkeys. Decathlon is a 3DO studio title too!

User avatar
Trev
3DO ZONE MOD
Posts: 4033
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: States
Contact:

Post by Trev » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:17 pm

Wow, this is all news to me. I hope we can keep this thread alive ... I am curious to see how things pan out.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:56 pm

judging by this thread, i think i will find it quite difficult to obtain these releases. could anyone please point me in the direction of some roms for any games that surfaced after the console's demise? (games that work on a normal 3do as opposed to titles that only work on development stations.) i'm itching to see what was happening at the end.

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:02 am

3DO Bro wrote:judging by this thread, i think i will find it quite difficult to obtain these releases. could anyone please point me in the direction of some roms for any games that surfaced after the console's demise? (games that work on a normal 3do as opposed to titles that only work on development stations.) i'm itching to see what was happening at the end.
LOL. 3rd post and already looking for roms. :shock:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:06 pm

haha. i can find roms easily enough (i'm about getting the actual official releases really) but i was more interested in the later releases which aren't on alot of 'complete' lists of all titles (because they're largely unknown and damn hard to buy), that i can play on my 3do. hopefully i can find the names of all the last releases that i missed all those years ago.
any ideas?

User avatar
3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:47 am
Location: U.S.A.

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:02 pm

not hard to get the 2007 games, just go here :D
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:11 pm

3DO Experience wrote:not hard to get the 2007 games, just go here :D
GAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEvilbay!
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

User avatar
3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK
Contact:

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:37 pm

LOL

User avatar
3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:47 am
Location: U.S.A.

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:16 am

hehehehe
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

User avatar
T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 1241
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:41 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:25 pm

:D
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

OlderGames
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 7:27 pm
Contact:

Well, well, well...

Post by OlderGames » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:17 pm

Okay,

So I don't bother reading my old favorite game sites anymore but I had
a chance to look around today and saw the "same old, same old". People
always assume we never "licensed" or "legally" released our products. We
never had a reason to prove anything. The internet experts run rampant
with their own ideas of what is real and not but no matter how many times
i, or my colleagues stated we did things legitimately people always had a
reason to doubt us. After five years of hearing people bash us for shit we
didn't do, things we never said, or rumors because some idiot on the
forum of gamesite x,y,z,...etc. "knows the inside story" I walked away from
classic gaming and haven't had any regrets.

We were given the prototype of IB2 to encrypt, sold it to cover extreme
losses taken by us over the production. Andy never requested it back.

We had full license on all Elite products we published. You really think
good deal games had any claim? Mike Thomasson is a lying piece of
s***. You claim we illegally sold games yet you are on the entirely wrong
side of reality. For those who gave us a reason to do what we did, and
became our friends we thank you and will miss you when we go on to
better things. For those who "always assumed" we were "the bad guys"
ripping off developers and think I was a "total bastard" because I would
get p***ed over a bunch of sheep complaining about us over things like
lost packages which we ALWAYS replaced, or stupid crap that was completely imagined... please take this as a final "F*** YOU" and
since the a picture says it a thousand times please repeat "F*** YOU" and other 500 or so in your head.

We have a whole stack of documents like these from many companies
that cost us many thousands of dollars. We never shared them because
COMPANIES DON'T PROVIDE INTERNAL DOCUMENTS TO A BUNCH OF WHINING FAGS ON GAMING FORUMS WHO SPEND THEIR LIVES BEING CONCERNED ABOUT SHIT THAT ISN'T THEIR BUSINESS. But since our company is dead, I couldn't give a s***. Don't ask for more. you should only be so glad I had the chance to privileged you with this document scan.

So please, take this, read this. And remember... when you bite the hand
that feeds you, insult the people who work hard to bring you ungrateful little s***s the games you play.... they walk out on you, and flip the bird.

Last but not least... this is for the ****tard who "has the inside story" from his buddy "mike" at good deal games. Tell him to shove our "non-existant" contact up his cunt. And anyone who releases ANYTHING with encryption that OlderGames paid for, will be sued for infringing on OUR RIGHTS.

Thank you. And to those who actually cared like my old friend Devin. You will be sorely missed, but Classic Gaming is not a "scene" I'd care to support, stand, tolerate, or be a part of anymore.

Image

ta ta ****ers!

Gusbucket13
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:29 pm
Location: Birmingham UK
Contact:

Dont let the door hit you in the ass on your way out

Post by Gusbucket13 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:57 pm

Pre ordered and paid for Frog feast - got a disc fit for garbage, didnt complain - Brought Onside soccer and Powerslide rally off you on eBay - paid for individual shipping AND REQUESTED INDIVIDUAL SHIPPING - got the games together in a Jiffybag no other attempt at packing, your love of Retro gaming didnt seem to go as far as actually respecting your customers or their paid for requests.

On the flip side I have had nothing but impeccable service and goods from Good Deal Games. So why should I believe one word of your vitreol packed foul mouthed drivel, you have failed 100% in my experience to live up to any of the promises you made on your website and eBay listings. Obviously I am also not the only one to feel this way.

Good riddance mate!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:04 pm

3DO Experience wrote:not hard to get the 2007 games, just go here :D
There aren't any on there. Any other ideas?

Anonymous

Re: Well, well, well...

Post by Anonymous » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:08 pm

OlderGames wrote:Okay,

So I don't bother reading my old favorite game sites anymore but I had
a chance to look around today and saw the "same old, same old". People
always assume we never "licensed" or "legally" released our products. We
never had a reason to prove anything. The internet experts run rampant
with their own ideas of what is real and not but no matter how many times
i, or my colleagues stated we did things legitimately people always had a
reason to doubt us. After five years of hearing people bash us for shit we
didn't do, things we never said, or rumors because some idiot on the
forum of gamesite x,y,z,...etc. "knows the inside story" I walked away from
classic gaming and haven't had any regrets.

We were given the prototype of IB2 to encrypt, sold it to cover extreme
losses taken by us over the production. Andy never requested it back.

We had full license on all Elite products we published. You really think
good deal games had any claim? Mike Thomasson is a lying piece of
shit. You claim we illegally sold games yet you are on the entirely wrong
side of reality. For those who gave us a reason to do what we did, and
became our friends we thank you and will miss you when we go on to
better things. For those who "always assumed" we were "the bad guys"
ripping off developers and think I was a "total bastard" because I would
get pissed over a bunch of sheep complaining about us over things like
lost packages which we ALWAYS replaced, or stupid crap that was completely imagined... please take this as a final "FUCK YOU" and
since the a picture says it a thousand times please repeat "FUCK YOU" and other 500 or so in your head.

We have a whole stack of documents like these from many companies
that cost us many thousands of dollars. We never shared them because
COMPANIES DON'T PROVIDE INTERNAL DOCUMENTS TO A BUNCH OF WHINING FAGS ON GAMING FORUMS WHO SPEND THEIR LIVES BEING CONCERNED ABOUT SHIT THAT ISN'T THEIR BUSINESS. But since our company is dead, I couldn't give a shit. Don't ask for more. you should only be so glad I had the chance to privileged you with this document scan.

So please, take this, read this. And remember... when you bite the hand
that feeds you, insult the people who work hard to bring you ungrateful little shits the games you play.... they walk out on you, and flip the bird.

Last but not least... this is for the fucktard who "has the inside story" from his buddy "mike" at good deal games. Tell him to shove our "non-existant" contact up his cunt. And anyone who releases ANYTHING with encryption that OlderGames paid for, will be sued for infringing on OUR RIGHTS.

Thank you. And to those who actually cared like my old friend Devin. You will be sorely missed, but Classic Gaming is not a "scene" I'd care to support, stand, tolerate, or be a part of anymore.

Image

ta ta fuckers!
:shock: touchy. you could've offered to give the prototype back seeing as it's the guy's work but whatever.

OlderGames
3DO ZERO USER
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 7:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Dont let your grandma find you living in her attic

Post by OlderGames » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:30 pm

Gusbucket13 wrote:Pre ordered and paid for Frog feast - got a disc fit for garbage, didnt complain - Brought Onside soccer and Powerslide rally off you on eBay - paid for individual shipping AND REQUESTED INDIVIDUAL SHIPPING - got the games together in a Jiffybag no other attempt at packing, your love of Retro gaming didnt seem to go as far as actually respecting your customers or their paid for requests.

Re: Pre ordered and paid for Frog feast - got a disc fit for garbage, didnt complain

Funny. We offered replacements to all affected. Maybe your missing the part where we ate the cost and sent you a replacement FREE. Of course that part of the story doesn't make us look evil enough. If you didn't get your replacement, why didn't you request it? All requests for replacements were fufilled. FOR FREE. Mistakes happen.


paid for individual shipping AND REQUESTED INDIVIDUAL SHIPPING - got the games together in a Jiffybag

How stupid is it to ship two international packages seperately. The majority of lost packages went international. You saw the shipping amounts on the listings. There was no such request and if there was you could have seen the shipment terms IN BOLD on the listings. Jiffy bag? Please... THOSE ARE USPS APPROVED PADDED SHIPPING MAILERS. You make it sound like you over paid on shipping which was clearly stated on the sale page and you make it sound like you got your items in a paper bag.

Why did I bother replying? Because and let this be my last words to the "community" you are a perfect example of a whining douchebag that I have had more than enough years of hearing when running our company. You bitch about asking us to bend our shipping prices and methods because your just oh so ****ing special, you bitch about a disk that was OBVIOUSLY replaced with a working copy -- or if you were too ****ing lazy to ask for one YOU BITCH ABOUT NOT GETTING ONE when you could ask in less time than it takes you to post a BULLSHIT statement on a forum to a bunch of sheep who will believe anything you tell them because afterall everyone tells the truth on the internet.

AND last but not least you bitch and whine about having your items shipped in an approved padded mailer... what to you expect us to send you a couple of games in A ****ING GOLD TRIMMED CHEST?

Anyone with half a brain would be able to look at my post here and see that after five years of dealing with complete ****ing idiots i have every right to be pissed. Go **** yourself. I'm not crazy... just sick and tired with all the morons in the "scene" who have no god damn life and complain about everything and nothing all at the same ***ing time because they are pathetic and never got laid.


BYE FOREVER.... THANK GOD!

PS -- Did I spell check this? **** no... because I could care less about grammar or what the hell you think. And my time is more important than clicking a couple of "spell check" buttons for people who will just bitch about it anyways. GOOD RIDDANCE.

User avatar
3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN
Posts: 3686
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:47 am
Location: U.S.A.

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:31 am

3DO Bro wrote:
3DO Experience wrote:not hard to get the 2007 games, just go here :D
There aren't any on there. Any other ideas?
yeah, look harder The last copies. Part of OlderGames.com's Liquidation
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Post Reply