ICEBREAKER Master Prototype Disk put up on ebay...

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:35 am

Could we please have a 3DO admin. block these posts? It is not that I have a strong opinion on this issue either way, but I have little tolerance for posts filled w/such obscene & disgusting language!! It is the epitome of poor taste, and has no business being on this great forum. We are better than this!

Thank you in advance.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:39 am

well atleast he will have to start a new thread at DP if he wants to spew this stuff because DP locked their threads and at atariage it didnt get to heated untill the frog feast jag game run was defective
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Gusbucket13
3DO ZERO USER

He who hurls obscenities is usually lieing

Post by Gusbucket13 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:38 am

I emclose a half page out of Pay Pals actual transaction log look at the last paragraph and tell me I didnt request individual shipping. It is you sir that is the Liar and here is the proof. The truth isnt pleasant but then neither are you.
Payment To:
ROBERT BIVINS (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Seller's ID:
knurdz
Seller's Email:
payments@oldergames.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Funding Type:
PayPal Funds
Funding Source:
$21.56 USD - PayPal Account
£16.03 GBP - PayPal Account
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original Transaction

Date Type Status Details Amount
12 Mar. 2008 Payment To ROBERT BIVINS Completed ... -$53.00 USD

Related Transactions
Date Type Status Details Amount
12 Mar. 2008 Currency Conversion Completed Details -£16.03 GBP
12 Mar. 2008 Currency Conversion Completed Details $31.44 USD
Need help? If you have problems with a transaction or would like assistance settling a dispute with your seller, visit the Resolution Centre. PayPal strongly recommends attempting to resolve this issue directly with the merchant or seller whenever possible.
Description:
ROBERT BIVINS
Note:
Please send to my Birmingham work address not my Winchelsea home address PLEASE do not ship with the other game I purchased a few minutes back, As I am paying for individual S&H I would like to get individual S&H to avoid being charged import tax. Thanks Chris Coxon.

End of cut,n paste.

Your shipping info on the listings said 24 hour other courier, It took over 2 weeks for the games to arrive what is your excuse for that - to busy doing the job you arent doing any more?

Just sod off and dont come back PLEASE,retro gaming cant afford 'Friends' like you.
Last edited by Gusbucket13 on Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:09 am

Woah.

This thread took off. Keep the swearing down lads. It's a public place. ;)

I don't mind you upsetting each other, but not passers by eh?

Posts have been edited to remove massive profanity btw.

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:19 pm

I knew that 30-40 washingtons was too much for busted, incomplete games. Even if they're for the beloved 3do.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:47 pm

Posts have been edited to remove massive profanity btw.
Thanks 3DOKid.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:15 pm

That took me a minute "Washingtons = dollars" ;)

So, that's like £15 - £20, it's some money, but in the grand scheme of things it wasn't that much. I sort of knew they were beta's and proto's, and the fact they weren't polished releases I felt it was something new. And some thing new is good.

Although, I agree, perhaps Oldergames should have managed expectations a little more. Their communication left a lot to be desired.

What i don't like is the negativity.

Leaving Oldergames to oneside for a minute, I think the collectors, who often get a bad press, "Hoarders", "Not sharing", that sort of comment, who furnished Oldergames with the games, I guess they feel pretty disappointed, that people feel so let down.

I just don't like the negativity -- like I said. I just hope things gets resolved.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:33 am

Thanks for the edits Kid. I personally got all I was expecting as well as more, like the extra game that came with Powerslide. And no financial issues.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Gusbucket13
3DO ZERO USER

Message from GDG and a link for ya

Post by Gusbucket13 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:21 am

Heres what Michael at GDG had to say about Oldergames initial hysterical rant in this thread - restrained, polite and to the point:-

Thanks for the heads up.
We'll be posting our 2003 contract on our website soon.
Along with release details. Our contract is written by Elite on Elite letterhead.

Michael of GDG
www.GoodDealGames.com

Their official online response detailing why they fell out with Oldergames, together with scans of documents proving they paid elite for the licence can be found at:-
http://www.gooddealgames.com/Publishing_3DO_docs.html

And now something that should blow yer socks off - check this out mateys! both games for less than half the price Oldergames charged you and very nice presentation too!

http://www.gooddealgames.com/Publishing_3DO.html

go check it out you wont regret it.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:19 pm

my head is starting to hurt :/ Question. They selling CDRs too?

Gusbucket13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gusbucket13 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:38 pm

BryWI wrote:my head is starting to hurt :/ Question. They selling CDRs too?
Good question, why dont you ask them? :lol:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:19 pm

3DO Experience wrote:yeah, look harder The last copies. Part of OlderGames.com's Liquidation
nice. do you mean to sound that miserable? if so, then i'd rather you didn't help at all as it won't be the end of the world if you don't. have a lovely day.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:15 pm

Didn't mean to sound miserable, you just needed to look harder. But those are the ones.

I like the art from the GOOD DEAL GAMES copies. Even though I already bought the OlderGames releases I think I'll get these too. God help me, I'm buying games just for artwork now. :P

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:23 am

3DO Experience wrote:Didn't mean to sound miserable, you just needed to look harder. But those are the ones.

I like the art from the GOOD DEAL GAMES copies. Even though I already bought the OlderGames releases I think I'll get these too. God help me, I'm buying games just for artwork now. :P
You are buying for better artwork as well as a better company. Just my opinion, but being in the niddle of several co0ntroversies that oldergames has been in, I have a hard time believing what he says as I have seen SEVERAL people that don't even know each other on other boards say the same thing. The guy is a con artist. Sorry but you can only hear the same story about the same people from different people so many times. It's like Germany saying there was no holocaust, give me a break. Quick not, I'm not saying that what Oldegames did is on par with racial genocide, just the first example that came to mind.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:10 am

Now I'm not gonna take sides here but if I remember correctly I've heard about people having issues with things never getting to their house that they bought from GDG. I'm not sure it it's only an international problem or not. Anyone here have issues with them before?

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:40 am

No problems here...i preorded and received quickly powerslide/decathlon/onside soccer/icebreaker ii. Cant say that i was satisfied with the job that has been done, but its ok... :)

Gusbucket13
3DO ZERO USER

How about a POLL

Post by Gusbucket13 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:58 am

How about starting a POLL on peoples satisfaction with Oldergames you could have various subjects like

Attitude,
Communication,
Value for Money,
Packaging,
Quality of goods,
Speed of delivery,
General impression,

the replies could be graded:-
Disgusting, Poor, Below Par, Average, OK, Good, Very good, Superb

Id do it myself but not sure if a newbie is allowed to start polls.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:43 pm

How about we drop it?

We're here to talk about 3DO, I understand people have reservations about OlderGames, and complaints, but firstly, Oldergames no longer exist, and secondly, a lot of people, myself included, had no problems.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:49 pm

pitsunami wrote:No problems here...i preorded and received quickly powerslide/decathlon/onside soccer/icebreaker ii. Cant say that i was satisfied with the job that has been done, but its ok... :)
why weren't you satisfied? what job?

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:17 pm

3DO Bro wrote:
pitsunami wrote:No problems here...i preorded and received quickly powerslide/decathlon/onside soccer/icebreaker ii. Cant say that i was satisfied with the job that has been done, but its ok... :)
why weren't you satisfied? what job?
i wasnt satisfied by the work done with the covers and the cds....
i agree with 3dokid i dont think there is any point continuing this.