Burning roms to CD-R

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DDodo
3DO ZERO USER

Burning roms to CD-R

Post by 3DDodo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:04 pm

No matter how many times i try i cant get it to work. I have a FZ-1 so it should ply backups shouldnt it!?!?

i got a .NRG file and was then told that i couldnt just put that straight onto disk and play it so i downloaded NRG2ISO and converted it to .iso.

when i tried burning that to a cd and playing it it wouldnt work, i then read that i needed a slaw write speed, so i put it on X2 but still wouldnt work.

Then i read that i needed a program to burn the ISO file to a cd and not just copy it to a CD so i downloaded ISO recorder which is like a windows program but when burnt that still would play on my 3do.

can anyone give me some advice. do i really need Nero to get this to work?

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:08 pm

Try this program, and it is originally free:

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

I burned some games awhile back but I have a Goldstar so its a lost cause... but the games did play from the CD with Freedo so it works in that regard...

3DDodo
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DDodo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:52 pm

cheers for that.

what process are you using to do them and what file are you starting with.

i only have the one NRG file. will this work or do i need to convert it first?

im running out of cdr's so dont want to try it anymore unless im sure it'll work.

also do you find the quality of the CD will make any difference? obveously the better quality one will maybe not skip but will a cheap one work at all?

thanks

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:02 pm

I downloaded the .ISO (*gasp!*) and used the above powertool to burn at a slow rate of speed. But I don't know how they read on 3do systems since I have one of the many Goldstar units that don't read them no matter what. I can only say that it read on my PC. Some one else can fill in the blanks on what cds are best.

BTW: I'm sure that .NRG files won't work with the program I linked. I think that those files are a proprietary Nero format.

3DDodo
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DDodo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:37 am

right, cheers for that, looks like im gonna have to get Nero then.
Will all versions do this? i have version 6 at work i think.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:23 pm

3DDodo wrote:right, cheers for that, looks like im gonna have to get Nero then.
Will all versions do this? i have version 6 at work i think.
it should work fine, ive done a few NRG's in the past and i use nero version 6.3
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:04 pm

Converting is not really a good idea when it comes to burning. Your best bet is to use Nero when burning this file because it is a Nero image file.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

3DDodo
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DDodo » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:11 am

do i just need the .iso file on the disc and nothing else then?

ive read that i need to generate a .cue file but in lots of places ive read that i dont.lol.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:02 pm

ok this should work...

burn the nrg in nero, burn it at slowest speed, and make sure to finalize the disc. If its not finalized, it wont work. and its necessary to burn it at slowest speed for the shotty laser to even have a chance to read the disc. Some discs work better than others. If you dont get the insert disc screen, but it still doesnt load... this means that the disc is good but your laser is shot. You can try another disc though.

3DDodo
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DDodo » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:55 pm

thanks.

so i jst need the NRG file. no .cue file or need to convert the .nrg to .iso!?!?

when you talk about the insert disc screen, do you meen when ive done the burn and try it on the 3do, if it will not load nor will it show the 3do insert disc logo and the space schene etc. my 3do is not working properly!?!

never had a 3do game skip, ever!! which is remarkable really for a 15 year old console, my ps1 stopped working properly after 1 year.lol.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:20 pm

3DDodo wrote:thanks.

so i jst need the NRG file. no .cue file or need to convert the .nrg to .iso!?!?

when you talk about the insert disc screen, do you meen when ive done the burn and try it on the 3do, if it will not load nor will it show the 3do insert disc logo and the space schene etc. my 3do is not working properly!?!

never had a 3do game skip, ever!! which is remarkable really for a 15 year old console, my ps1 stopped working properly after 1 year.lol.
no converting needed if you are going to burn an .NRG file with nero (nero was used to make the NRG file)

i got this from a DC website and it applies to 3do as well, just find the "Burn Image" option then find the .NRG file and go from there in the Nero program
A lot of people burning NRG images prefer to use Nero 5, but I use Nero 6.3.0.3 and haven't had a problem.

Open Nero and close the wizard if it appears. Select 'Recorder' from the top menu and click 'Burn Image'.

This will open up a window where you can now navigate to your NRG image and select 'Open'.

At the next window choose whatever write speed you want, but burning too fast could cause errors. I usually burn at the slowest speed. Select 'Disc-at-once' as your Write Method. Click 'Burn' and in a few minutes you'll have a DC game ready to play
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DDodo
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 3DDodo » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:50 pm

thats great! thanks.

miketrav
3DO ZERO USER

Post by miketrav » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:48 pm

its all so easy

use burnatonce its free and does everything for you

unzip the rom click burnatonce and your done