Need Resistor Value on a Panasonic FZ-10

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

DrKilljoy
3DO ZERO USER

Need Resistor Value on a Panasonic FZ-10

Post by DrKilljoy » Mon May 12, 2008 8:13 pm

I've have an FZ-10 model 3DO with a broken resistor at the front of the console near the battery. The resistor's location is labeled R733. The resistor is completely broken off and nowhere to be found (I got the 3DO from an auction). Any out there got a FZ-10 they wouldn't mind opening up to get that value for me? Thanks.

unsurreal
3DO ZERO USER

Post by unsurreal » Tue May 13, 2008 11:20 pm

this is strange...
this resistor (R733) is green and has a '0' on it... just this.

Would it be just a jumper?

DrKilljoy
3DO ZERO USER

SUCCESS!!!

Post by DrKilljoy » Wed May 14, 2008 6:09 am

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :D That value was dead on.

At first, however, I was a little leary too about the value of "0"; so I tried touching a regular 10 ohm resistor to the two points and powered the system up. And to my surprise, it worked! The laser started moving all around like it was searching for a CD (it had not done this previously). So I put "Road Rash" in there and, while still holding the 10 ohm resistor, I powered the 3DO up and it read the game. I was stoked at this point :P

I then did some research on the existance of a 0 value surface mount resistor. Turns out it does exist and 'green' is a common color for such (just like you said). I guess even though there is no resistance provided, the device still acts as a sort of filter or fuse. Go figure.

Now armed with the knowledge of its existance, I looked around in my junked circuit boards drawer and located some with surface mount components; and sure enough, I found one that read "000". I got it off, put it on the 3DO board, and soldered it on. I powered up the system again and vuala--SUCCESS! :D

So again, I can't thank you enough for your help. I will surely be more active here now that I got my FZ-10 working.

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Wed May 14, 2008 7:33 am

That rocks man! Its cool to hear when people get things working! I wanted to help, but I have a Goldstar... :oops:

unsurreal
3DO ZERO USER

Post by unsurreal » Wed May 14, 2008 12:43 pm

Glad I could help. :D

BTW. I know a way you could actually thank me :)

Please, if you can, measure the voltages that the power supply provides and post them here pin to pin.

That should make things easier on my buzzing-power-supply-issue on the other topic.