Pal/Ntsc compatibility for 3do

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

nocturne
3DO ZERO USER

Pal/Ntsc compatibility for 3do

Post by nocturne » Mon May 26, 2008 12:22 am

Either im a total spaz or there hasnt been a topic yet,,,,,

So i want to know if anyones experienced any issues with running different territory games on their 3do. In my case i have a PAL fz10 running well considering it's age, but,, there seems to be issues with only 2 games,, they are quarantine and way of the warrior. I own an original copy of quarantine which i never had problems with on my NTSC machine, This title just won't run on my PAL fz10, It just keeps looping through the 3do logo. I've even acquired a different ISO and get the same results. Same story for way of the warrior.

So my question is, is there actually any known problems with running pal on ntsc or vice versa? Apart from the known Jap release issues

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon May 26, 2008 8:05 am

As far as I am aware neither of those games are regionalised. My US versions, run fine on my PAL FZ-1.

Try a CD cleaner or CD lens cleaner ;)

Here is what I know to be region protected.

Casper.
Soccer Kid.
Twinkle Knights.
Power Kingdoms (PAL, Japan) Guardian Wars (USA)
Cradle Moon.

Anyone care to add? I'll make a sticky. It'll be useful

nocturne
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nocturne » Tue May 27, 2008 3:47 am

well, In an OMG kind of way

So i swapped over the laser to the ntsc, and,,, quarrintine loaded, both the original and the copy i got off the net. Way of the warrior loaded as well. Not ready to make a %100 conclusion, but seems a bit suss.

The reason i dont use the NTSC one is because there seems to be a problem with the graphics chip, Like N4S is just a mess on the screen and most fps games have the items floating in mid air, strange stuff.

Do we have many PAL fz10 owners?

Tks for the headsup on the other titles

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:55 pm

My original unit was an imported Goldstar which although had been modified to 240V and australian plug was an NTSC model - at the time I imported all my games from special reserve in the UK and never had any issues . Likewise my current FZ10 which is PAL 240v (but had US plug!) has no problems with any of my older UK games and those I have recently purchased from the US .Only issue is some letterboxing on certain titles but that has always been well documented - funnily enough the ALG light gun worked on both whether in PAL or NTSC format - very strange , although I suspect that the majority of TVs sold here in Australia in recent years are auto adjusting for PAL NTSC and may be giving different results to those in the US
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG