Lost 3DO game re-named?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Lost 3DO game re-named?

Post by Trev » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:16 pm

I remember a game called Obelisk that was shown at E3 '96 and slated for release on 3DO (easy to remember since there were less than a dozen or so games shown for it that year) Then I stumbled across this game ...

http://www.adventureclassicgaming.com/i ... eviews/52/

Started life with the same name, finished around the same time, and looks quite similar. Could it be the same game that was once bound for 3DO as part of its last batch of swan song games?

I am certain that one of the last issues of 3DO magazine made mention of this game. I am going to look through my copies to verify

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:45 pm

3DO magazine, July 1996, issue 12, page 4 (sorry, no scanner where I am)

I am nearly positive it is the same. Same locations even (Egypt, Tibet, Atlantis)

Anyone ever play this on the pc?

Windows Killer
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Lost 3DO game re-named?

Post by Windows Killer » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:52 am

Trev wrote:Could it be the same game that was once bound for 3DO as part of its last batch of swan song games?
Of course, it's the same game. That's what the site says, even if it doesn't mention 3DO, but the game was probably never 3DO-exclusive anyway.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:56 am

I mentioned in a different thread that I had found another unreleased 3DO game. The game that I found is the game being discussed in this old thread - Obelisk.

I haven't put much time into the game yet, but it seems to be fairly complete, which is nice.
I'll put together some screen shots and video as time permits.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:32 am

bitrate wrote:I mentioned in a different thread that I had found another unreleased 3DO game. The game that I found is the game being discussed in this old thread - Obelisk.

I haven't put much time into the game yet, but it seems to be fairly complete, which is nice.
That's awesome bitrate! I'd imagine that it must be a nearly finished build, considering when it was shown. I can't wait to see whatever you share. Thanks so much! :D
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:04 pm

I was just reading over the linked review for the game, and man, does it have some embarrassing typos: "Virgin Sound and Vision abruptly exists the publication business", "No sooner are you told that art is disappearing that you are drop back", "promises to make all its dentist investors rich but fail miserably". Hopefully his analysis of the game is as sloppy as his grammar (and his metaphors)!

Very cool that you got your hands on a 3DO build, Bitrate! The review mentions some last-minute changes to the game's story sequences... I wonder if the 3DO build predates those changes?
Last edited by Martin III on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:32 pm

bitrate wrote:I mentioned in a different thread that I had found another unreleased 3DO game. The game that I found is the game being discussed in this old thread - Obelisk.

How is this going? Have you had a chance to play it much?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:55 pm

Unfortunately, I haven't. I've been wanting to sit down with it for a long time now but life is really busy around here.

I'll see if I can at least get some video of it put up sometime soon.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:26 pm

bitrate wrote:Unfortunately, I haven't. I've been wanting to sit down with it for a long time now but life is really busy around here.

I'll see if I can at least get some video of it put up sometime soon.
Cool, thanks bitrate. :)