Next-gen moments

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:59 am

Trev wrote:
JohnnyDude wrote: Lynx - I'm the first to list this one! Nobody had this one! I wonder if it's even more obscure than 3DO! However, Electrocop was amazing. As was Warbirds. 3D on a handheld!
I've got a Lynx too. Haven't played Warbirds yet, but Blue Lightning impressed me quite a bit. (It's kinda sad that the Lynx version is better than the Jag cd one :P ) Funny thing is, I never had Blue Lightning when the Lynx was in production ... I only picked it up about a year ago actually. Still, even at that late date, I could appreciate how advanced it was at the time ... even more so since it was on a handheld unit! :)
I was confused as to why all the other kids were drooling over their game boys when I had that full-colored puppy. But, nowadays I've realized that game boy's lame puke green definitely had the battery life upper hand. Nuts.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:13 pm

Yeah, the battery life on the Lynx wasn't so hot (it did improve slightly w/the second model) Still, my buddy had a Game Gear and I don't remember it being much better in the battery department. I guess color handhelds at the time could only do so much.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5