All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

dazzadasha
3DO ZERO USER

Yes, Yes, Yes.

Post by dazzadasha » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:56 pm

Hi.
Nice to find this community.
I had a 3do (Fz1) when it was released and traded it a couple of years later for something stupid like a Jaguar or 32x or something lame.
Man- I regret that and often smile with a heavy heart thinking of the gems - Roadrash, Star control 2, twisted and so on.
Well Ive got the bug again and have just brought an FZ1 with 30-(YES 30) games -most with original long boxes manuals etc, 2 original controllers and 2 capcom 6 button controllers. It is a wicked package and I got it for 200$ Australian. An insane bargain.
It will arrive later next week- I cant sleep thinking about it- ( I havnt seen one since the 90s).
Anyway I'm pleased to be a part of this nostalgia and thanks for having me aboard.

coombsb
3DO ZERO USER

Post by coombsb » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:45 pm

Welcome, and if you're anything like a lot of us that turn up here you'll have hundreds of games shortly ;)

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:53 pm

Another aussie! this is getting too much 8) I just started collecting all things 3do again recently after selling mine back in '96 I'm now at 62 games and counting! good luck!
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

nocturne
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nocturne » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:32 am

Sounds like a great deal you got there, Was it an overseas buy? At least we have a huge 3 3do fans in Australia :shock:

dazzadasha
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dazzadasha » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:17 am

Nah- Local buy- Seller assures me it works- Just have to wait and see. Even without a working consol, 30 games and 4 controllers and stepdown converter (its NTSC) isnt a bad deal. I wouldnt be too upset. Just have to chase down one that works. ( I wouldnt imagine they travel too well)
Heres hoping- Ill let you know-
No doubt I will have some games to trade though.

Us Aussies seem a little outnumbered here. Ah well- If there is only 3 or four of us looking for 3DO gear in Oz then we have a decent chance of finding it. I think - well I hope thats how it works :roll: I certainly did not have a lot of competition when I purchased mine.
Last edited by dazzadasha on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:24 am

nocturne wrote:Sounds like a great deal you got there, Was it an overseas buy? At least we have a huge 3 3do fans in Australia :shock:
It's weird, not for any other reason, other than proportionatly for this forum, Australia has got a large representation. In terms of active members on this forum that is, probably equal(ish) to the UK/US. Which statistically speaking - is a bit weird.

(Hey don't blame me, I got excited when when my Ultraman video on youtube topped 10,000 hits!)

Has the 3DO been covered in any magazines or something recently?

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:04 am

And even more Aussies turn up - this is too much! There has not been any real coverage in the media here so I cant really explain why we are all of a sudden proliferating - my own story is simply that there has been a notable resurgence of interest in retro gaming across the board . The appearance of Retro gamer magazine and the addition of retro sections in the few reputable gaming magazines there are. We also have a gaming TV show here which is broadcast once a week on the government owned network (ABC) called "Good Game" which is actually quite good.The audience is not talked down to and having not to rely on advertiser dollars are not afraid to call a game crap. e.g their review on Lost on the 360 ended with the disc being thrown off of a building. They also have a retro section and know their stuff. But for me the clincher was the Wii virtual console - I got the the 3do bug back once and for all when I downloaded Sam Showdown - and here I am !
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

dj898
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dj898 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:31 am

You can add one more aussie gamer~ ^ ^
I've been playing/collecting consoles since lat 80s/early 90s so heh...

tinman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by tinman » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:26 am

....and one more!

Got 2 FZ-1's operating on 240 volts. Had an old Goldstar which required step down but she broke. Can't remember how many games but they pale in significance to some of the devotees here. :oops: